PDA

View Full Version : Legal Foglight Colour

Brownsound
08-19-2008, 01:14 AM
Is there a set standard for the colour of my foglight lenses? If not where would I be able to purchase a blue lens, or a tint kit for them? They're the stock lights that come with the '04 Hatchback. Thanks a lot.

Harin

aris
08-19-2008, 01:56 AM
Is there a set standard for the colour of my foglight lenses? If not where would I be able to purchase a blue lens, or a tint kit for them? They're the stock lights that come with the '04 Hatchback. Thanks a lot.

Harin

I don't no what colours are leagal...but one thing i do know is you are not allowed to have any blues lights or showing blue light....blue light are for snow reomovel

3GFX
08-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Yup, he said it. Only amber or white light out front, only red in the back.

Brownsound
08-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Crap I don't know how I forgot about that. Sorry, Where would I be able to get a set of amber lenses or a tint kit for that then?

aris
08-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Crap I don't know how I forgot about that. Sorry, Where would I be able to get a set of amber lenses or a tint kit for that then?

If you want to tint them go to performane Improvements and get a can of nite shade:bana

All-Star
08-19-2008, 11:44 PM
If you want to tint them go to performane Improvements and get a can of nite shade:bana

Lol, that sounds like something permanent.

Brownsound, go get some Lamin-X (http://www.lamin-x.com/). I'm not sure where to get that locally though.

All-Star
08-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Just saw another thread that's related to this. You can get tinting for fogs done here (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26708).

Brownsound
08-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks a lot for that link allstar, however that's a bit out of my price range right now. Making minimum wage at Dominion and paying for school kind of inhibits my splurging range. I'll definitely keep them in mind though, aristeidis, night shade isn't really what I was looking for though, I was hoping for an amber colour. Ah well, I'll just save up. Thanks again fo all your help guys, i appreciate it.

nicker
08-20-2008, 03:45 PM
overlays on fogs look good but I personally think they are a bad idea if you run your fogs allot! Especially if you have the indy fog mod done. The fog lights get flipping hot and I have seen some over lays that are bubbled and browned so just not worth it , get yellow bulbs if you want yellow.

btown-mazda
08-21-2008, 03:21 PM
overlays on fogs look good but I personally think they are a bad idea if you run your fogs allot! Especially if you have the indy fog mod done. The fog lights get flipping hot and I have seen some over lays that are bubbled and browned so just not worth it , get yellow bulbs if you want yellow.

+1, you can get Nokya bulbs at Pac-Mall for $30 bucks, I bought mine there and they've lasted almost a year now.

You could also get HID fogs but those are more expensive of course.

Brownsound
08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Honestly I just really liked this look:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll216/bpboiler3/fog%20walkthrough/finishpic2_forum.jpg

Blue_Jinnee
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM

+1

p-o-g-i
05-15-2009, 10:37 AM

THat's true to a certain extent.

The one thing you have to remember about using overlays (laminx) on fogs is that the fogs should only be turned on when the car is moving. The wind easily cools the lense enough so the film will not bubble/ melt. If you stop the car to run into the bank, convenient store, gas station, etc., you have to remember to turn the fogs off.