PDA

View Full Version : New 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 CD Changer & Random Function

Zoom Zoom Boy
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM
All,

This might be a really stupid question, but I couldn't find a reference or answer to it using the search function on this site and my owner's manual also does not seem to reference it. :loco

Here is my question:

My car comes equipped with a 6 CD-changer/player. How the hell do I use the random feature so that the CD player will randomly pick tracks from different CD's?

Just clicking the random button will only play tracks randomly on the specific CD chosen and will not flip randomly between different CD's...

The owners manual says the following on Page 6-51:
CD Random
"Press the random buttom (RDM) during playback and then press the button again within 3 seconds to play the tracks on the CD randomly. "RDM" is displayed. "

I've tried that on numerous occassions and it doesn't work. It simply disables the random feature that was activated the first time I hit the button. :bang

I feel like a moron, but I figured someone on here must know. :AH
If it turns out you can't do this, what exactly is the point of having a 6-CD multichanger in the first place??

Anyone know?

craigrodrigues88
08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Well having the CD player seamlessly choose random songs from 6 different CD's would mean that all 6 CD's would have to be spinning. Therefore you would need to have 6 different CD players to do what you want...I think

kid_icarus
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
i don't think u can have the cd player pick random tracks from 1 cd to another cd.... i don't know any cd changer that does that
cuz the load time would take too long

a 6 cd changer is really just a convenient storage option for 6 cd's so u don't need to keep looking through piles of cd's at a time

u can't randomize between discs
u can only randomize the music on one cd.

Zoom Zoom Boy
08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys. I have a multi-changer on my home audio that holds 6 CD's and it will play random tracks from each CD, but you're right, there is a definite delay as it changes from one CD to the next. That is why it didn't make much sense to me that I couldn't do the same in the car changer.

I'm fine with the delay and load time, but if I can't do this with the car CD changer, than c'est la vie I suppose.

Appreciate the quick answers.
Thanks.

cwp_sedan
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Well having the CD player seamlessly choose random songs from 6 different CD's would mean that all 6 CD's would have to be spinning. Therefore you would need to have 6 different CD players to do what you want...I think

They could have a program that would change to a different cd but the delay between some songs would be significant.

craigrodrigues88
08-27-2008, 02:53 PM
I was just referring to the transitions being seamless as though the player was picking randomly from one CD

Garu
08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Also RDM feature on Mazda 3 is not really RDM. It is RDM when you're playing through the CD 1st time, but the next time you play the order actually stays the same.

cwp_sedan
08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I was just referring to the transitions being seamless as though the player was picking randomly from one CD

Yep I know that's where you were going with it. I was just adding my input. :)

5_Alive
09-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeap, it will only randomize from the current playing CD.. the one thing that pissed me off with the stock deck is it doesn't display the track name/title.. even though it says it does in the user manual.. it says to push the text knob.. and the cd's i have I KNOW for a fact they have text on them.. but to no avail on the factory HU..

really odd.. but its nice to have it cause you can change the temp. setting from C to F..
and do the whole sound test check system with it..

Push n' hold power, keep it down, then push and hold media for 5 seconds.. then release.. your temp. will read from C to F.. its cool.. do it again to go back..
In case anyone was wondering.. this way you all don't have to wait or search..:chuckle