PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette lighter problem

saintjames7
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
My GPS charger has came apart inside my cigarette lighter and I cant get the some of the pices back out. :flaming

I tried using needle-nose pliers to pull out the remaining parts that are stuck in there, But I still cant get it out.

Any suggestions???

Xerox
09-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Use some KY next time.

06Touring3
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
how in the world did the charger come apart?

mazdathree
09-02-2008, 07:17 PM
It happened to me before...but luckily the parts fell outside. The charger usually has a cap in the front that can open up inorder to allow you to change the fuse inside.

McGuyver_3
09-02-2008, 07:24 PM
i would suggest you remove the trim around the shifter and remove the cigarrette lighter screws and remove the assembly. Or you could pull the fuse and try to play some more with the needle nose pliers. You could blow a fuse when you are playing with the needle nose and depending on how bad it is b4 the fuse blows you could weld your pliers in the socket haha.

Dante
09-03-2008, 02:12 AM
as he said, remove that fuse, its right behind the glove compartment, Take off the faceplate, remove the 2 screws and remove the glove compartment, you will see a shit load of fuses.

3 rows.

[][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][]

It's the first fuse ive noted in red. Its on the row with least ammount of fuses.. thats how it is in my GS at least.. (Anyone correct me if im wrong)

RemaerdLacidar
09-03-2008, 07:01 AM
This happened to me once on my old '94 Saturn... my iPod's 12V charger kindda fell apart inside the socket... I just used a pair of my girlfriend's tweezers and got all the pieces out :P