PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof issue

2zoom
09-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Anyone having issues with there sunroof not opening...I've had my 3 in the shop twice for this issue. When I try to open it all the way it gets jammed when the sunroof drops and trys to go back... Brought it in to Mazda of brampton they say the adjusted it but it still does the same thing.....just seein if anyone else has the same issue

b
09-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Mine does this every 25 times I open it or so. Then I turn the car off and it works fine for another few weeks.

2zoom
09-14-2008, 08:25 PM
donesn't that piss u off.....dont u just want it to work

Zoom Zoom Boy
09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Anyone having issues with there sunroof not opening...I've had my 3 in the shop twice for this issue. When I try to open it all the way it gets jammed when the sunroof drops and trys to go back... Brought it in to Mazda of brampton they say the adjusted it but it still does the same thing.....just seein if anyone else has the same issue

You have a brand new car. If the sunroof/moonroof adjustment from the dealer doesn't work, simply tell them/demand, that you want it and/or the motor, replaced under warranty. That is why you have a warranty.

ICEBOX
09-14-2008, 09:21 PM
if its the tracks, maybe spray some lubricant on the tracks. Like WD-40 or Fluid Film

b
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM

That is the least of my worries with my car :) lol. I have a problem car ha.

bluemazda3
09-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Mine has no issues.. but than again I dont use it much.. but I think you can get that covered under warranty?

b
09-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Mine is way too old and it didn't start acting up until after warranty was over. I will only pay to have it fixed when I can't get it shut again and it is stuck open. So far it still closes :)

notoriousb
01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Mine no longer opens... it makes the motor noise, but it doesn't move. It's like it has come off the tracks. Can you tell me how much it will cost to fix that?

b
01-20-2009, 09:45 PM
You would have to call a dealership for that I think...

notoriousb
01-20-2009, 10:15 PM
they told me that they would have to open everything up to see whats up... I'm not really prepared to pay for that, and for them to tell me the part is a 1000 dollars or some stupid shit like that.

freddymak18
05-12-2009, 04:38 AM
i had the exact same problem. I fixed it by pressing the tilt-open button, then i tilt-close it, and while it's closing i press the slide-open button real quick. that seemed to fix it, for some reason. now my sunroof works perfect.

provizion
05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Mine was doing that!

I would try to closed itamd it would stop then not even respond. Turned the car off then on, fixed itself. Sometimes I miss my Honda!