PDA

View Full Version : Engine noise at idle getting louder?

Unoriginalusername
09-24-2008, 05:51 PM
anyone notice the noise at idle when you have the windows down and are beside another car or anything that reflects sound that the engine noise at idle seems to be getting louder?

Go_Habs_Go
09-24-2008, 06:04 PM
what do you mean when you say:

the engine noise at idle seems to be getting louder?

louder than when you first bought your car???

------
UPDATE: sorry didn't realize this was a speed3 thread :blush

*quietly backs out of thread area*

Mazda3X2
09-24-2008, 07:36 PM
I noticed it at the Timmy's drive though the other day. With the sound reflecting off the brick wall right beside me. It almost sounded like a diesel. Almost. But I do find that this particular engine has a different sound than others. Maybe it's the direct injection? Any experts?

SP33D 3
09-24-2008, 07:46 PM
i understand the diesel comment, but mine makes a more high-pitched sound than a lower one that diesels usually make :S

Fobio
09-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I do notice it being louder than when I first got the car...then again...my car's doing all kinds of things unlike when I first got it...I chalk it up to its adam's apple starting to show...

I also drive under the Gardiner on a daily basis...when I speed by certain support structures/barriers, it makes the echo sound like my car's stuttering...funny sometimes esp when I light it up in 2nd and traction kicks in...all kinds of ruckus going on...

cosic
09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
I noticed it too when something as small as a curb is beside me lol..