PDA

View Full Version : Window cleaning near the weather strip

Ogata
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know what I am talking about? The black strip between the windows. Over the past few days, I have been wondering why there was a scratch on my tinted windows and I thought something scratched it (like the seatbelt). After using some stoner invisible glass....IT WAS GONE. I don't know if it was dirt or perhaps something sharp stuck in between the window and the black weather strip but is there a way to clean it? I was thinking of using compressed air and spraying any sort of specks in between the window and the "black moldings below the window to protect yourself again wind and what not" as I do not know the proper name. Thoughts/Opinions or do I need pics to point out what I am trying to say?

Noisy Crow
09-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Ummm.... I know pics would help me. The thing below the window is the beltline molding. Item 4 in the diagram:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214264&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2732&groupid=2724&subgroupid=3472&componentid=0&make=22&model=Mazda%203&year=2008&graphicID=5417725&callout=4&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

5_Alive
09-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm taking it you mean the window seal when you roll the window up, at the top?

If that's the case, spray some Invisible glass on a clean paper towel, shop towel etc., and use a flat head and being very careful, wrap the towel around the flat head, run it along the inside a few times.. turn and repeat a few times, you get it..

Ogata
09-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Ummm.... I know pics would help me. The thing below the window is the beltline molding. Item 4 in the diagram:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214264&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2732&groupid=2724&subgroupid=3472&componentid=0&make=22&model=Mazda%203&year=2008&graphicID=5417725&callout=4&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

The belt molding on the other side at the bottom..theres some fluffy stuff there and I think thats where the dirt is being stored.

Ogata
09-30-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm taking it you mean the window seal when you roll the window up, at the top?

If that's the case, spray some Invisible glass on a clean paper towel, shop towel etc., and use a flat head and being very careful, wrap the towel around the flat head, run it along the inside a few times.. turn and repeat a few times, you get it..

I never thought about the top though good idea!! Praise Invisible Glass...I was about to ask AudioHeaven Jeff what it was.

thrasher
10-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know how to take off #4? Belt w strip

Noisy Crow
10-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know how to take off #4? Belt w strip

They are easy to get off, but you will almost certainly break the clips at each end. The beltline moulding is basically clipped over the edge of the door skin, the middle held with friction clips, the ends clips that latch into holes.

To remove: Roll down the window all the way. Pull the moulding straight up the middle. There are about four frictions clips that will pop loose. For the ends you need to use a small screw driver to release the latch on the clip that pokes down into a hole in the door -- insert the screwdriver under the moulding between the doorskin and the moulding (tape the screwdriver to prevent scratching) and press in the latch release on the clip and pull the moulding straight up.

For the front doors you need to remove the side-mirror, as the moulding goes under it. To remove the mirrors, you need to remove the sail panels on the inside, disconnect any connectors into them mirror, and then unbolt the mirror.

Ogata
10-08-2008, 11:24 PM
They are easy to get off, but you will almost certainly break the clips at each end. The beltline moulding is basically clipped over the edge of the door skin, the middle held with friction clips, the ends clips that latch into holes.

To remove: Roll down the window all the way. Pull the moulding straight up the middle. There are about four frictions clips that will pop loose. For the ends you need to use a small screw driver to release the latch on the clip that pokes down into a hole in the door -- insert the screwdriver under the moulding between the doorskin and the moulding (tape the screwdriver to prevent scratching) and press in the latch release on the clip and pull the moulding straight up.

For the front doors you need to remove the side-mirror, as the moulding goes under it. To remove the mirrors, you need to remove the sail panels on the inside, disconnect any connectors into them mirror, and then unbolt the mirror.

!!!!! I should have asked you to help me remove my old belt mouldings as the ones I had were messed up by Agincourt Mazda's tint people "knife scratches". Had to go to MOT and pay the labour myself to get them all replaced. :flaming