PDA

View Full Version : Not enough space

M3Driver
10-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey guys,
Do you think there just not enough empty compartments around audio system/ashtray, to put in the small stuff like change, sunglasses, pack of gum and junk like that?

I owned a VW Golf previously and there was plenty of room for small stuff.

In my '09 Mazda gx I only have cup holders and a couple of small compartments behind the emergency break which I don't find very convenient.

Does it bother anyone else here?

Cardinal Fang
10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
It used to but then I realized that when you put all that small stuff in those trays it makes the car cluttered and I HATE CLUTTER!

Word of warning though. Be careful when you put pennies in the ashtray slot (after you've taken out the ashtray). There's a gap that coins can slide back into under hard braking that allows coins to slide through and into the floor below. You have to remove the center armrest console to get at it. :bang

yearoftherat
10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Thats why you need a coin purse.....

x_o_k_x
10-02-2008, 11:27 AM
A space for sunglasses would be great..

kevcol74
10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Something wrong with a sunglass clip for your visor? Or the nice big holder molded in your doors? Mine are my eyes too, so they go in a case and sit in my door. Coins in the "ash-tray", cups in the cupholder.... what else do I need to distract me while I drive? Oh, right... kid in the back seat, wife nagging in the passenger seat.... :complain

x_o_k_x
10-02-2008, 01:31 PM
I guess i didnt try, but what I had in mind was sunglass holder by the sunroof..

Go_Habs_Go
10-02-2008, 10:07 PM
A space for sunglasses would be great..

what I did is I removed the ashtray (who smokes these days anyway, right? :)) and I can fit my sunglasses in the remaining space perfectly. Works like a charm for me!

As for loose change, don't leave that in your ashtray compartment. You gotta be old school with this one. What you do is you get yourself one of those plastic camera film containers (yes remember when camera's actually had film LOL) and you put your change in that! Then you put the container in the top compartment of the center armrest, it stays in there nice and safe. And voi-freaking-la, just like that you've solved your loose change problem.

Fits toonies, loonies, quarters, etc and you can fit like 10$ worth in there no problem.

Zoom Zoom Boy
10-03-2008, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=Go_Habs_Go;343503]what I did is I removed the ashtray (who smokes these days anyway, right? :))

You're from Montreal. You must be an outcast for not smoking... It always seems like everyone smokes in Montreal and anywhere they damn well want too... :chuckle

Go_Habs_Go
10-03-2008, 12:49 AM
You're from Montreal. You must be an outcast for not smoking... It always seems like everyone smokes in Montreal and anywhere they damn well want too... :chuckle

LOL, yeah man I used to smoke like a chimney because EVERYONE smoked in Montreal bars, but as I got older I decided to stop. Right around the time they passed the no smoking law for bars and restaurants so it was good timing. It's been a few years and surprisingly enough most people have adapted...but yeah you still get a fair bit of people smoking wherever (and whatever) the heck they want. It's the joie de vivre over here...LOL

rajin929
10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
more compartments mean more places for the g/f to put crap in and never clean it...*waves angry fist* LOL

TRICK
10-10-2008, 03:39 PM
more compartments mean more places for the g/f to put crap in and never clean it...*waves angry fist* LOL

That goes for kids too! Drives me crazy when they put their gum or straw wrappers in the cup holder...I don't let them leave the car until they take everything with them!

"voi-freaking-la"

That's classic. I'll have to remember that one. :chuckle