PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Mazdaspeed 3

Big Dad
10-03-2008, 11:21 PM
The MS3 is being carried over for 2009 with a lower msrp. Price for the 2009 MAZDASPEED3 model is$29,360.00. Obviously the car is selling and more feasable than the MS6. I have had mine for a year now and still absolutely love it. Best bang for the buck imho.

Zoom Zoom Boy
10-04-2008, 12:43 PM
+1 on that for sure.

craigrodrigues88
10-08-2008, 05:02 PM
preaching to the choir here buddy lol

zmtomako
10-10-2008, 07:23 PM
well actually, one of my friends is looking to buy a new car, we are soon to discover that the new cobalt SS is faster AND cheaper than the MS3....

its specs are better than the MS3, and the cobalt's track times by caranddriver has the cobalt SS even faster than cars like STi and EvoX...

Mazda3X2
10-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I really hate to bash another car.....so I'll try really, really hard to stay politically correct.

The Cobalt could honestly have 300bhp, do the 1/4 in 13 flat, and even cost $5k less than the MS3. It wouldn't even be a consideration for me. I am much more concerned with things like build quality and reliability. The MS3 is not perfect either, I know this and I'm not a fanboi.

Sorry Chevy.....

well actually, one of my friends is looking to buy a new car, we are soon to discover that the new cobalt SS is faster AND cheaper than the MS3....

its specs are better than the MS3, and the cobalt's track times by caranddriver has the cobalt SS even faster than cars like STi and EvoX...

Big Dad
10-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I really hate to bash another car.....so I'll try really, really hard to stay politically correct.

The Cobalt could honestly have 300bhp, do the 1/4 in 13 flat, and even cost $5k less than the MS3. It wouldn't even be a consideration for me. I am much more concerned with things like build quality and reliability. The MS3 is not perfect either, I know this and I'm not a fanboi.

Sorry Chevy.....

Agreed, not to mention looks. The MS3 is 10X better looking and more sophisticated inside and out than a cavalier! The MS3 also outbrakes it and has more complex suspension components as well.

mazdas3sporte
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
i admit that the new cobalt ss turbo is very fast, just read the articles on edmunds or car and driver but in terms of styling inside its horrible, very cheap materials like any american car so no suprise there, the rims look great and the brembo brakes... cobalt really outdid it self this time around, major major diffrence between the supercharged and the new turbo , i would still go with the speed3, if not speed 3 then honda civic si, untill the cobalts interior is seriously upgraded from the crappy interior it has now

zmtomako
10-10-2008, 10:52 PM
but seriously though, best bang for buck for pure performance, i think the cobalt SS bested the MS3 in that category....

honestly though, if i just wanted something simply because its fast and cheap, i would've just gotten a motorcycle...
there are more levels to enjoy about a car than just being really really good in terms of performance... and its not like the MS3 is far behind.... maybe like 0.2 seconds, big deal...

Unoriginalusername
10-11-2008, 01:04 PM

the hhr ss is the true competitor space wise and it is not competitive. I've sat in a ss before and they feel as cheap as they are priced. The ms3 comes with smaller tires, i am pretty confident that the performance delta would be erased by something as simple as having the same 225 tire vs. our 215s

Zoom Zoom Boy
10-11-2008, 02:40 PM
the hhr ss is the true competitor space wise and it is not competitive. I've sat in a ss before and they feel as cheap as they are priced. The ms3 comes with smaller tires, i am pretty confident that the performance delta would be erased by something as simple as having the same 225 tire vs. our 215s

:agree... Especially about the absolute cheap ass look and feel of the Cobalt.

5_Alive
10-12-2008, 04:37 AM
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS $25,045
1SA Package $0

Colours & Wheels Change
Exterior: Summit White $0
Interior: Ebony/Gray w/2-Tone Performance Suede Appointed Cloth $0
Seats: Reclining Front Bucket Seats Incl.
Wheels: 18" x 7.5" Painted Forged Aluminum Incl.

Selected Options Change
Engine: 2.0L Turbocharged 4-Cyl SIDI DOHC Ecotec Incl.
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual w/OD Incl.
Tires: P225/40R18 Performance Summer Radial BW Incl.
Radio: AM/FM/CD Player/MP3 Playback w/USB Port $115
Limited Slip Differential $645
Front License Plate Mount BC/MB/NB/NL/NT/NS/NU/ON $0
Body Colour Aero Wing Spoiler $275
Pedal Covers $180
Smoker's Package $35

Selected Accessories Change

Option & Accessories Total $1,250
Destination $1,125
Total $27,420

Okay, I had a whole typed thing, and it went away, so I'm not re-typing everything.. on a cole note, I owned one which was more equipped than the new ones, mine had heated seats, leather, XM standard.. the new ones don't offer leather, heated seats, and XM is optional.. for god sakes they made me pay $550 for my wheels because they were chrome, but no actual standard wheel, tell me how gay that is.

Your lucky to find one under $28k right now, and MS3's are selling for $25k brand new Canadian.. with more options.. full airbags, DSC, Trac, EBFD, HID, LED, LSD.. hell, at least our spoiler comes standard..

and the interior is so god damn garbage in the Cobalt.. aarrgh.. it drove me crazy.. frikkin' rubber-maid garbage bin plastic..

Mazda3X2
10-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I just got the newest issue of Road & Track. :pop

They had been huge fans of the MS3 for the past 2 years. basically it was king of the pocket rockets to them. In the new issue they put it up against the new Subaru, Lancer and Cobalt SS. Sad to say in overall ratings we came in at 3rd :( . It was a disappointing read to say the least, especially with the Cobalt taking 1st :bang

Oh well, wouldn't change my mind at all. They do mention about the interior materials and fit and finish etc. But in terms of performance:dollar we have been outshone.

5_Alive
10-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Like I said, I don't care. Most of the magazines base choices on bang-for-buck.. Personally, the amount of problems I had with mine, the amount of problems my friend has with his Solstice GXP, I know to stay away..

Hell, the problems Saab owners see all the time are enough for me to stay away.. I bought it because I loved the style.. Once everything sunk in, it got old real fast having to visit the dealer when they know you by name..

Also, the Speed3 is on 2 year-old technology. A small snail, and a short-power band. The advantage the Cobalt has is the 5-speed vs. the 6-speed..

I'd still rather have the MS3 at the end of the day..