PDA

View Full Version : Rattle in the passenger side door

Ziggy
10-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Has anyone experienced annoying rattle on their passenger side door? Sounds like something is loose in there that rattles over bumps and when you have the music turned up with a bass heavy song. I took off the door panel and played around by trying to tighten the bolts holding the inner door panel in place and it didn't work for me. I don't want to take the entire inner door panel off because it looks like a royal pain in the a$$. Anyone have similar issues and find a way to resolve them? I actually think the rattle is there on both doors but I only notice it on the drivers side cause I'm never in the passenger seat. Any help appreciated!

BTW... I have a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3

wildchild_MS3
11-22-2008, 06:08 AM
I don't have this problem...but good luck finding it!

Noisy Crow
11-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Has anyone experienced annoying rattle on their passenger side door? Sounds like something is loose in there that rattles over bumps and when you have the music turned up with a bass heavy song. I took off the door panel and played around by trying to tighten the bolts holding the inner door panel in place and it didn't work for me. I don't want to take the entire inner door panel off because it looks like a royal pain in the a$$. Anyone have similar issues and find a way to resolve them? I actually think the rattle is there on both doors but I only notice it on the drivers side cause I'm never in the passenger seat. Any help appreciated!

I introduced that problem to my car when I replaced the speakers. I think the noise is a wire vibrating and hitting the the door panel... need to pull it apart to check, but I am waiting on warm weather when the plastic won't be so brittle. :(

Krakor
12-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I have noticed a door rattle on the passenger side. Mine is a 2008.5. It started to get worse just the last few weeks.
My car is only about 2 months old.

Not sure what to do.

Is it easy to remove the door panel and look for the source?

kevcol74
12-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't there a thread on a rattle from what seemed to be the passenger door, but turns out its in the glove box area? Just remembering somthing I read a while back...

Krakor
12-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I think I might have 2 possibly 3 rattles. Dash/cowl rattle, glove box rattle and passenger door rattle.

They seem to be getting worse.

I will keep searching.

Thanks.

mit-gee-mui
12-11-2008, 03:04 PM

Some speed3-related suggestions here
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=21263&highlight=rattles

Is it easy to remove the door panel and look for the source?
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25806&highlight=remove+door+panel

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=68081&postcount=2

Krakor
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks!

I have to take it in to get it looked at.

I am sure i have at least 2 rattles. The cowl and eitehr the glove box or the side door.

I can't seem to find the Glove box rattle fix instructions posted a while back.

I was thinking of attempting the fixes myself, but not sure I should.

Don't want to screw anything up.

Anyone fix these on their own?

MAZDA Kitten
04-16-2009, 11:27 PM
There was TSB's on front door rattle. I had it in my 04 but that was resolved. Maybe its the same issue

craigrodrigues88
04-17-2009, 01:12 AM
I have this too on my 08.5 speed

Dave_The_BMXER
04-17-2009, 07:13 AM
my 04 door passenger door rattles too!

Plan on addressing it this spring.

Zoom Zoom Boy
04-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Might not be the door. Could be the plastic seatbelt tensioners/height adjusters rattling near the top of the door/pillar area. Easy way to check is to reach over and pull the passenger seat belts tight and see if the noise goes away.

Also, the gloveboxes rattle in the 04, 05 and 06 models. This can sound like a rattle from the passenger door too. Easiest way to see if it is your glovebox is to push the glovebox door tight against the dash, or, to simply open it up and drive over some bumps. If you don't hear the rattling anymore, it is your glovebox. This has been the only real problem with my wife's 2005 hatch. The glovebox rattled from day one. Had it replaced under warranty and it corrected the problem, but now, just recently, it is rattling again. Need to look up the fix for it as I remember seeing a homemade solution for this.

Krakor
04-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Might not be the door. Could be the plastic seatbelt tensioners/height adjusters rattling near the top of the door/pillar area. Easy way to check is to reach over and pull the passenger seat belts tight and see if the noise goes away.

Also, the gloveboxes rattle in the 04, 05 and 06 models. This can sound like a rattle from the passenger door too. Easiest way to see if it is your glovebox is to push the glovebox door tight against the dash, or, to simply open it up and drive over some bumps. If you don't hear the rattling anymore, it is your glovebox. This has been the only real problem with my wife's 2005 hatch. The glovebox rattled from day one. Had it replaced under warranty and it corrected the problem, but now, just recently, it is rattling again. Need to look up the fix for it as I remember seeing a homemade solution for this.

I noticed that if I push my glove box in it stops rattling. How do I fix that. Any ideas yet?

I was thinking of getting some weather stripping and tape around the mouth of the box.

Would that work? Or is it the latch that's rattling?

battleaxe
06-17-2010, 03:55 PM
just to pipe in, I have the same door rattle on my 07 hatch

Noisy Crow
06-17-2010, 04:12 PM
just to pipe in, I have the same door rattle on my 07 hatch

We need a decal to stick on the back: "Member of the passenger door rattle club!"

Rob23
06-17-2010, 05:21 PM
man the mz3 rattles like a bitch. ive given up.

Rob23
06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I noticed that if I push my glove box in it stops rattling. How do I fix that. Any ideas yet?

I was thinking of getting some weather stripping and tape around the mouth of the box.

Would that work? Or is it the latch that's rattling?

i did this with my glove box... it does help but doesn't eliminate the problem. besides once you fix it then you just notice somthing else rattling.

Noisy Crow
06-17-2010, 06:11 PM
I actually have gotten rid of most rattles. Whenever I have a panel out I check if it wiggles at all... I add open cell foam weather stripping to at any point where the panels touch, wrap it around wires, etc.

BiGBanG
06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm getting lots of rattles on my 07 sedan too, it's annoying me. I have rattles on the glove box (often), then I noticed rattle on my dashboard (once a while) and then just recently, my passenger door rattles (quite often) like a btch now. fck