PDA

View Full Version : Apexcone HID headlights

iagraham2
10-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Has anyone installed these? I was just wondering how they look and how's the install? I do a lot of night driving and would like a true HID light.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=336

cbrkp
11-12-2008, 09:01 PM
what type of headlights do you have? do you have projectors or regular reflective type halogen. Anyways apexcone has decent products, i personally use them for all my retrofit installs, good warranty and price. for the most part if you go with any of the newer type kits you'll be fine.

btw if you dont have projectors you will never be at true HID hehe, then its a totally different story about the projectors out there as there are some better than others but we'll leave that for another time.:)

Donutz
11-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Has anyone installed these? I was just wondering how they look and how's the install? I do a lot of night driving and would like a true HID light.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=336

Yeah, if you currently have halogen projectors you'll need to retro your projectors for 'true HID light', although 55W will be nice regardless. However, you can't expoit the full potential of the HID's with halogen projectors.

EastYork3
11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
I installed apexcone 35w 5000k HIDs on my '08.5 and love them. Instal was super easy once you figure out how to unclip the halogen bulbs and once you figure out where you're going to put the ballasts. the ballasts are really thin and tiny. When you turn them on, they fire up quite blue but then settle to a really nice cool white. WAY brighter than stock halogens.

Hives
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
I ordered the 55w 6000k for my low beams and 35w 6000k for my fog lights. Im getting them tomorrow I hope. I will get they installed in April though.

queens49
01-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I would suggest you stay away from TheRPMStore if you are going to order the Apexcone HIDs. They don't stock the kits themselves, and just forward the order onto Apexcone. Apexcone ships from their warehouse UPS. It took 1.5 weeks just for them to ship the kit, and than I got dinged $39.98 for brokerage. I've ordered something else from RPM store before and it was shipped USPS. They failed to mention that the kits would be coming directly from Apexcone via UPS. I sent a few emails during the 1.5 weeks to see why the kit was taking so long to even ship out. Finally, I told them to cancel my order b/c it was taking too long, and surprise, surprise, instead of cancelling, my order was shipped out the very next day. I won't be dealing with The RPM Store in the future.

Hives
01-28-2009, 01:46 PM
I would suggest you stay away from TheRPMStore if you are going to order the Apexcone HIDs. They don't stock the kits themselves, and just forward the order onto Apexcone. Apexcone ships from their warehouse UPS. It took 1.5 weeks just for them to ship the kit, and than I got dinged $39.98 for brokerage. I've ordered something else from RPM store before and it was shipped USPS. They failed to mention that the kits would be coming directly from Apexcone via UPS. I sent a few emails during the 1.5 weeks to see why the kit was taking so long to even ship out. Finally, I told them to cancel my order b/c it was taking too long, and surprise, surprise, instead of cancelling, my order was shipped out the very next day. I won't be dealing with The RPM Store in the future.

I got mines at 1pm today. My brokerage fee came to $58.60 for 2 hid kits (H7 and H11). All my taxes and shipping costs are more then the actual product itself lolll. I ordered from DDM 3.5 weeks ago. It took such a long time b/c they had a lot of orders still to fulfill from xmas b/c they had some good deals, and told me it would take 1 week alone to just process my invoice. I didnt really care though b/c I plan on installing them in April/May times.

FONZ
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I have Apexcone 5000k HID's with the 35W Slim Ballasts. I like it.

queens49
01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I got mines at 1pm today. My brokerage fee came to $58.60 for 2 hid kits (H7 and H11). All my taxes and shipping costs are more then the actual product itself lolll. I ordered from DDM 3.5 weeks ago. It took such a long time b/c they had a lot of orders still to fulfill from xmas b/c they had some good deals, and told me it would take 1 week alone to just process my invoice. I didnt really care though b/c I plan on installing them in April/May times.

That's the crappy part, that the shipping/brokerage cost more than the product itself. If I had known, I would of used that extra money to buy a japanese kit.
I got mine today as well, tooke 2.5 weeks to get mine. I have the Prolumen slim ballasts and was surprised that these DDM ones are even smaller. Looks like a well put together kit though. One of my bulbs on the Prolumen kit isn't working, so I got this kit. The one headlight is brighter than regular halogens, so I'm not planning on installing them till it gets warmer as well.

Hives
01-29-2009, 09:53 AM
That's the crappy part, that the shipping/brokerage cost more than the product itself. If I had known, I would of used that extra money to buy a japanese kit.
I got mine today as well, tooke 2.5 weeks to get mine. I have the Prolumen slim ballasts and was surprised that these DDM ones are even smaller. Looks like a well put together kit though. One of my bulbs on the Prolumen kit isn't working, so I got this kit. The one headlight is brighter than regular halogens, so I'm not planning on installing them till it gets warmer as well.

Yea, the 35w ballasts are really slim, I was so surprised. The 55w ones are much bigger though, and feel nice and heavy. I agree with your statement about the quality. It should hopefully last a lifetime lolll

S.F.W.
01-29-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm trying to decide what to buy now. One of my old Xtec 5000K bulbs died. Doesn't seem wortwhile to just replace the bulb..

hood
01-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Greattt kitt i got the 55W 6000k bulbs, Great light output and ive had no problems yet, they been in for about 7 months now

S.F.W.
01-29-2009, 06:53 PM
I picked up a generic kit today. $120, and I needed something fast.

mazdathree
01-29-2009, 07:16 PM
I bought mine (35W 6000K - Apexcone) from RPM. Its been good so far. Great light output and also good service.