PDA

View Full Version : How to steal mazda 3's

Dante
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1226326230/Car_Thievies_Are_Using_A_New_Technique

Thrizzl3
11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
wow are you serious??? who does that?:chuckle

Chuckie
11-11-2008, 08:22 PM
ooo her left reverse light is out..

Thrizzl3
11-11-2008, 08:24 PM
thats the european mazda 3..those cars over there only have 1 reverse light

Chuckie
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
thats wierd..

condor888000
11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Other is a rear fog light....

Go_Habs_Go
11-11-2008, 11:58 PM
so what exactly does the guy tie to the car?? empty cans? LOL like someone would hear that after driving a foot or 2...

bunchi
11-12-2008, 12:25 AM
moral lesson: don't leave your car that open to strangers. If you really have to get off your car, bring your key! I have also heard instances where the car behind you just nudges your rear, and of course, some of us would get off the car to check out what the hell happened, and the driver of the car behind you or someone with him runs to your car and steals it. I don't know if that video is a fake or not, but 3 cans tied to your rear and moved a foot or 2... yeah you might hear it... some will and some won't. Just be careful out there.

Dante
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
They could be heavy and when it goes over the curb like that she may hear the bang. Funny none the less.

iconicrocket
11-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Good info to know, gotta watch out for those distraction techniques.

Dave_The_BMXER
11-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Ive heard of people putting something on your rear window so you start your car check your mirrors notice whatevers on your window get out to take it off and someone runs up and steals your ride.

Go_Habs_Go
11-12-2008, 02:16 PM
The times they are a-changing!! I say we all buy guns and shoot anyone that even gets near our cars!! Shoot first and ask questions later! Or don't even bother asking questions and just drive away. When the cops ask us what happened, we'll just say "don't you know about the ol' cans-tied-to-the-back-of-the-car trick?? We gotta protect ourselves!!" :chuckle

Fine Print. My lawyer told me to include the following disclaimer: In no way do I condone the use of firearms as a means to protect oneself from the potential of becoming a victim of crime. Please use caution when driving your vehicle and hearing the unusual sound of tin cans tied to the back of your vehicle. Please read this in a low hushed voice at four times the normal speed you usually speak at.

Thrizzl3
11-12-2008, 03:43 PM
The times they are a-changing!! I say we all buy guns and shoot anyone that even gets near our cars!! Shoot first and ask questions later! Or don't even bother asking questions and just drive away. When the cops ask us what happened, we'll just say "don't you know about the ol' cans-tied-to-the-back-of-the-car trick?? We gotta protect ourselves!!" :chuckle

Fine Print. My lawyer told me to include the following disclaimer: In no way do I condone the use of firearms as a means to protect oneself from the potential of becoming a victim of crime. Please use caution when driving your vehicle and hearing the unusual sound of tin cans tied to the back of your vehicle. Please read this in a low hushed voice at four times the normal speed you usually speak at.

lol thats so mean "shoot first ask questions later" i kno i either have a baseball bat or a hockey stick along with the equipment in my car so im well protected

mazdas3sporte
11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
that method was so stupid it worked! WOW

MSMitch
11-12-2008, 05:10 PM
KISS principle - works everytime! (keep it simple stupid). Wonder if it'll work on the Porsche GT I see sometimes! :)

jaimie08mazda3
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
hmmm looks like mitch will be the next person in jail lol. stealing a mazda3 compared to the porsche GT. ya biiiiiiig difference. not to mention even if you did that to a porsche GT i don t think the guy in it would not hear it. the exhaust is louder lol

MSMitch
11-12-2008, 08:26 PM
hmmm looks like mitch will be the next person in jail lol. stealing a mazda3 compared to the porsche GT. ya biiiiiiig difference. not to mention even if you did that to a porsche GT i don t think the guy in it would not hear it. the exhaust is louder lol

True, I shouldn't give people ideas - but put those cans inf front of the rear passenger tire may may him stop!! :chuckle

okay, I've gone too far, I apologize. No Porsche GT deserves that! :blush

jaimie08mazda3
11-13-2008, 07:31 AM
true for that. now lets all sit here and hope that every rice burner civic gets this done to it and gets set on fire after the guy steals it. however I LOVE THE PORSCHE GT. such a beautiful car. havent seen one here however when i went to the post office i was sittting in the car waiting for my grandma and what do i see behind me a bentley continental. maybe not a big deal for you toronto people but me living in a town of 2500 *rockwood* thats amazing.

JMAK74
11-15-2008, 10:59 AM

I've heard in the state of Florida the above is 'legal' - i.e. you can shoot first and then prove you had reason to shoot. Kinda scary though considering who can own a gun...

JMAK

x_o_k_x
11-15-2008, 12:38 PM
When I worked at the car rental company, we had this customer that rented a car and he parked it on his driveway with engine still running went inside for a second to grab something, comes out and car was gone. Month later the driver was caught when gas attendant called police for stealing gas.. Car was trashed and few minor damages.
Also we had this guy that rented a car to go to MTL and he went inside the building, comes out few hours later and car was gone. It was found few weeks later ditched then brought to car impound.
My friend had his fully modded Prelude "show car" hacked into alarm and stolen at the mall, stripped and then set on fire to cover evidence.
Lesson is dont leave your keys, and watch which area you park at.

Go_Habs_Go
11-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I've heard in the state of Florida the above is 'legal' - i.e. you can shoot first and then prove you had reason to shoot. Kinda scary though considering who can own a gun...

JMAK

It is scary and we're lucky that we can still "joke" about that stuff here in Canada. I'm really hoping our culture/society never goes in that direction in terms of people feeling they need to have guns in order to protect themselves and just carry out their daily lives.

JohnyGT
11-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Wow! intense!

Halogen
12-22-2008, 10:35 PM
I've always been big on security, awareness is key, prevention is the lock.

I noticed that you can't even leave the Mazda 3 locked while its running, it will auto-unlock, so you need to shut the car down always.

Another way to steal a Mazda would be to beat up the driver and take his keys. Just to add more fuel to the fire here.

Malcolm991
12-23-2008, 08:07 AM
I have to say it looks staged! Not good acting!

rotarygreg
12-23-2008, 07:45 PM
ive heard of people doing this. or people putting something liek a peice of dark paper on the back winder. you get in the car not really noticing whats on the window, then you look in your mirror before you drive off and stop, get out and wham. you were just jacked. this vid may be staged but the truth is this is happening. if you dont leave the door open when you go to check, that would likely slow the theif down enough to give you a chance to get a hold of them. I often do a little walk around of my car anyways before i get in anyways, not really for this reason, but you never know whats been left behind your car while you were away. ive heard of kids bikes being ditched and you wont know its there before it does some damage. better safe than sorry.

Greg

DARK3
12-24-2008, 12:47 AM
WOW...that is way to easy. SMART

m_a_t_r_i_x
12-24-2008, 11:20 AM
one way of preventing this ... dont park in reverse, just drive in :) and/or look/walk around your car before leaving, especially if you knw you are not parked in a secured lot/space :)

Go_Habs_Go
12-24-2008, 01:55 PM
I have to say it looks staged! Not good acting!

whaddya mean staged??!! that was worthy of an Oscar!!

1flycdnM3
01-05-2009, 12:30 PM
whaddya mean staged??!! that was worthy of an Oscar!!

+1 that was quite impressive!!!