PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change - Mr. Lube - Keele & Lawrence

marvin24k
11-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi guys,

it was time for an oil change, and I decided to give Mr. Lube a chance. I had called the previous night to confirm they had the Mazda OEM Filter, they said they had it.

I went there today over my lunch hour, I figured I had enough time for the oil change (they advertise they can do it in 30 mins or less) then get lunch.

After waiting 1 hour in line and my car was in the shop, they told me they did not have the MAZDA oil filters. I was pissed. So i got the 'regular' oil filter. I was there a total of 1.5 hours. So I missed lunch & was late for work.

So yeah...any good shops you guys can recommend.

Marvin.

Donutz
11-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Search the section you've posted in for reviews of shops. Go to a dealership, Street Performance, or any other shops that are highly recommended here on the forum. FYI, generally people here will advise against any quick lube type shops like Mr Lube.

marvin24k
11-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Search the section you've posted in for reviews of shops. Go to a dealership, Street Performance, or any other shops that are highly recommended here on the forum. FYI, generally people here will advise against any quick lube type shops like Mr Lube.

Thanks for the tip Jason.

MRT_MS3
11-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Yep. Stay away from them. They charge way too much and have kids working on your car.

nicker
11-24-2008, 09:43 AM
tisk tisk. Mr Lube sucks ass. NEVER NEVER NEVER go to those shops. I don't care what car you drive. There may be a few good people or I should say knowedgeable people that work there but the majority of them have people that shouldn't be touching a car. I do not trust them at all!

Thrizzl3
11-24-2008, 07:30 PM
i had my oil change and tranny flush at mr lube on hurontario..i havent had any problems with them

SilentJay
11-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I worked for the Mr. Lube at Mavis and Burnhamthorpe for a few years... believe me, you'll want to stay away from those places.

marvin24k
11-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the info guys.

rick@garage16.ca
12-20-2008, 04:39 PM
why not drive down the street form that mr.lube place

http://garage16.ca/contact.html

We can do it here and plus we will use a OEM filter if you like...all up to you :bana

Effin Itai
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Guys, guys , guys! Do yourselves a favour. Go to the dealership. If people on here are worried about paying to much for an oil change, they shouldn't have boughten this car in the first place. When going to the dealership, have them take a look at anything else that might be an issue. Spend the money now, and save the headaches after. Believe me.