PDA

View Full Version : Transmission (driver's side) mount.

alhope34
12-30-2008, 09:37 PM
So what's the deal with all of the different tranny mount replacements?

Does anyone have any experience with any of them? What would be the best/strongest to buy? what would be the cheapest to buy?

I think I should replace my tranny mount and passenger side mount soon.

CanadaGTO
12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I believe the only kit that has both mounts at the moment is the SU one, but I could be wrong. I love mine, not too harsh, and solid as can be :) It's also a completely new mount rather than a refitted stocker like other tranny mounts I've seen.

-cj-
12-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Does this assist with finding 3rd gear better after hard acceleration? Granted, I'm still getting used to this car, but is this a "me" issue or a result of the engine and/or tranny mount?

WhiteSpeed3
12-30-2008, 11:21 PM
i agree with pat the SU mounts are great and well worth the money

Fobio
12-31-2008, 12:12 AM
getting another tranny (driver-side) and passenger-side set from Medieval...should be sent in the next couple of weeks...but I dunno when I'll be installing them...

btw, the engine movement, even tho I have the SU rear engine mount, has caused my Cobb SRI's mounting bolts to have tugged on the plastic bracket enough that it has broken...I was think that the torque damper would cure that but I opt out of that and got these 2 mounts...I'll be zip-tieing the mounting bracket to the big rubber gromet for the time being as it chatters sometimes...

I got some USD in my Paypal acct so without dealing with exchange I was able to get these mounts for $200USD shipped...so you should definitely consider the local source considering the current exchange rates... ;)

check out Darkstar Motorsport on mazdaspeedforums.org...and because I got the 2 mounts, I'm also getting a sweet deal on the oil-pan baffle + balance shaft delete kit...and I dunno when and if I'll install those either...lol...

alhope34
12-31-2008, 05:49 AM
Does the SU transmission mount come with a new transmission bracket, or does the stock have to be used? I was leaning more towards the TRZ at first cause you can get a new bracket, but if the SU is fine I'd rather get that one.

CanadaGTO
12-31-2008, 06:36 AM
It comes with a new bracket, tranny one is the one on the right:

http://www.streetunit.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SUMS3ASMM-2.jpg

If you're interested I have one in stock and can cut you a deal, you can even check it out before you commit. It would just have to be soon.

blackspeed3
12-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Does this assist with finding 3rd gear better after hard acceleration? Granted, I'm still getting used to this car, but is this a "me" issue or a result of the engine and/or tranny mount?

Thats a "you" issue. I have never ever had a problem finding 3rd gear. Even when racing or power shifting.

-cj-
12-31-2008, 11:53 AM
That's a relief to hear... I heard stories about the mounts on this car, but didn't think it was THAT bad... I'm probably hitting the shift gate... Back to the drawing board. Sorry about being offtopic.

alhope34
12-31-2008, 07:21 PM
It comes with a new bracket, tranny one is the one on the right:

http://www.streetunit.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SUMS3ASMM-2.jpg

If you're interested I have one in stock and can cut you a deal, you can even check it out before you commit. It would just have to be soon.

In that picture, there's only the part that mounts to the frame. I meant does it include the bracket that attaches to the actual transmission. the TRZ mount comes with an option to include their transmission bracket.

darkstarmotorsports
01-04-2009, 02:49 PM
getting another tranny (driver-side) and passenger-side set from Medieval...should be sent in the next couple of weeks...but I dunno when I'll be installing them...

btw, the engine movement, even tho I have the SU rear engine mount, has caused my Cobb SRI's mounting bolts to have tugged on the plastic bracket enough that it has broken...I was think that the torque damper would cure that but I opt out of that and got these 2 mounts...I'll be zip-tieing the mounting bracket to the big rubber gromet for the time being as it chatters sometimes...

I got some USD in my Paypal acct so without dealing with exchange I was able to get these mounts for $200USD shipped...so you should definitely consider the local source considering the current exchange rates... ;)

check out Darkstar Motorsport on mazdaspeedforums.org...and because I got the 2 mounts, I'm also getting a sweet deal on the oil-pan baffle + balance shaft delete kit...and I dunno when and if I'll install those either...lol...

You will have them soon! Medieval has already sent me the first batch of passenger side mounts

ovillems3
01-14-2009, 06:35 AM
PTP or DARKSTARMOTORSPORTS mounts have the trans mount BRACKET, SU does not.
Its too bad no one makes a bracket, the stock one is cast aluminum.
Ive been thinking of making 1 or coat the stock 1 in something.

darkstarmotorsports
01-14-2009, 09:57 AM
PTP or DARKSTARMOTORSPORTS mounts have the trans mount BRACKET, SU does not.
Its too bad no one makes a bracket, the stock one is cast aluminum.
Ive been thinking of making 1 or coat the stock 1 in something.

why would you want to use the bracket? The bracket and one bolt design seems to fail over time.

ovillems3
01-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I already have the su mounts