PDA

View Full Version : Official Cobb 1.03 OTS Maps

Fobio
01-09-2009, 10:24 PM
For some reason I wanted to take the AP up from the car tonight and guess what...it was worth it...:bana

http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/mazda/AP-MAZ-02/MS3Maps.html

SpeedBaby
01-09-2009, 10:46 PM
its about time

Big Dad
01-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Are they different than the beta maps?

Unoriginalusername
01-10-2009, 12:39 AM
holly molly that took a long time... i had the beta fmic 103's in july

Fobio
01-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Are they different than the beta maps?

these are NOT the beta maps we've been testing since the summer...

CanadaGTO
01-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Good eye Fobio. Seems Cobb took their time with these ones.

Wish it were spring though so I could really put these through their paces.

Pilzz
01-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Good eye Fobio. Seems Cobb took their time with these ones.

Wish it were spring though so I could really put these through their paces.

AT least you can try and run it now. NOT ME!!!!! AP is on hold till spring. LOL

CanadaGTO
01-10-2009, 06:44 PM
AT least you can try and run it now. NOT ME!!!!! AP is on hold till spring. LOL

Don't worry Pilzz...... It'll be here soon :)

Garu
01-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Don't worry Pilzz...... It'll be here soon :)

lol about 4 months soon?

Big Dad
01-10-2009, 08:13 PM
these are NOT the beta maps we've been testing since the summer...

Are they better? Any feedback yet?

Fobio
01-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Are they better? Any feedback yet?

these maps aren't made for snowy weather...:chuckle

Garu
01-11-2009, 10:28 AM
these maps aren't made for snowy weather...:chuckle

Yea true, however one of their descriptions got my attention.

These new calibrations from COBB Tuning provide the following improvements:
* Increased threshold for cold weather fuel cuts
* Improved boost control parameters to hold more boost towards redline
* Modified fueling and ignition tables
* Extensive updates to improve power output

I did few WOT tests yesterday, I did not have any fuel cuts.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w173/garu79/Garu_MS3_Datalog_20090110.jpg

Fobio
01-11-2009, 12:08 PM
^^^ very nice...

ever since they went to the firmware that logs, I haven't pulled any logs from the AP and I've sold the DH...I should really try and pull some logs from the AP...

Pilzz
01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
lol about 4 months soon?

Have fun guys just dont blow your motors!!!!!!!!

:flaming

CamelFilters
01-11-2009, 04:00 PM
i didnt find out until midnight that the maps were out; i went out in the middle of the snowstorm just to burn off the remaining 1/4 left of my tank and filled her up with sunoco 94.
i'm using mscai2 stage1+ 1.03 93 octane and so far i've only taken the car out 2 times today and I do feel a difference :bana2. now i wonder what the shift points are, compared to 1.02 i was shifting at 5500rpm. Now it seems to pull hard all the way to 6000rpm and maybe even beyond.

RX9
01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
done!

this map really impressed me!! the car sounds and acts much much much more aggressive after 2500rpm(i used 3 much here.:chuckle) it really makes ultra94 worth the extra 10Cent now.:chuckle theres no fule cut so far and i felt the exhaust gas smells not as rich as before.:bana2

Fobio
01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I've found the official datalogging how-to...hope we can all share and compare soon...

http://www.accessecu.com/support/docs/DataLog.html

Zspeed
01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
nice log Garu....which map are you running? I'm running stage 2+sf 103 since yesterday. I can't really get on it cause of the damn snow/cold weather.
I just got my AP 2 weeks ago, did you do that log with the AP???

Fobio
01-13-2009, 11:02 PM
anyone up for a dyno night...?

and yeah, I said night...I'm thinking 2 hrs...6 cars together...

Garu
01-13-2009, 11:04 PM
nice log Garu....which map are you running? I'm running stage 2+sf 103 since yesterday. I can't really get on it cause of the damn snow/cold weather.
I just got my AP 2 weeks ago, did you do that log with the AP???

Yup, I'm running stage 2+sf 103.
Logs were captured using AP and plotted using excel.

brecker
01-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Long time no type on here...

Hit fuel cut on the beta this morning - shit that was cold!!

I'm downloading all the updates and maps now... So the stage2+SF is good?

mleblond
01-16-2009, 01:33 PM
fuel cuts still with the 103 OTS, I hate the knock at 5.9 still.

Fobio
01-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I don't care about the knock anymore, but everytime I update maps, it hits over the 5.9 for a bit anyway...

the way I see it is if it is really knocking, I should be able to audibly hear it...I can't...I have a feeling that the knock sensor is particularly sensitive on our cars...but I have no idea what I am talking about anyway... ;)

anwyay...I am particulaly gentle with the car when it's cold...and I usually only get knock hwy cruising...110 - 130...6th gear, 3000 - 3500 rpm...knocks when stock too...so this is not a tuning issue...

I've heard that you can tune the knock away at the expense of fuel mileage...the way I see it, is that if that knock is truly that bad, we'd have a lot more blown engines than we already do, as it tuned or not...

never for a second do I think we have a inline-6 that is harmonically balanced and ideal for turbo-charging...

who's running on the econo maps? I might do it for a trip up to Montreal, but I figure it's more frustration than it's worth...hehe...

Fobio
01-16-2009, 02:15 PM

fuel cuts still with the 103 OTS, I hate the knock at 5.9 still.

^^^ fuel pump upgrade group buy/install? :bana

and no one heard me about dyno night?! =)

mleblond
01-16-2009, 02:34 PM
^^^ fuel pump upgrade group buy/install? :bana

and no one heard me about dyno night?! =)

I don't want to knock my car to sleep...

mleblond
01-16-2009, 02:37 PM
as for econo fobio, one word "boring"

....and it sucks when you need to pass a transport truck with almost no boost.

RX9
01-16-2009, 02:42 PM

hey mark, where ahve u been?:chuckle you should be able to use stage2+ 93+ SF.

anyway, couple days ago (-21 in the morning), i got a first cel after i warm up the car too long, i totally forgot the car has already started--about 15min. i chk the code, P0421 (warm up cat not efficiency). i ran back to smell the exhaust gas, it smelled normal. no CEL since then. this car doesnt like extream cold for sure.

Fobio
01-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I think you stg2+ guys are gonna be more prone to CEL from cold weather just for the very fact that the hi-flow cats traps less heat and therefore takes longer to get up to their working temperature...

Unoriginalusername
01-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't care about the knock anymore, but everytime I update maps, it hits over the 5.9 for a bit anyway...

the way I see it is if it is really knocking, I should be able to audibly hear it...I can't...I have a feeling that the knock sensor is particularly sensitive on our cars...but I have no idea what I am talking about anyway... ;)

anwyay...I am particulaly gentle with the car when it's cold...and I usually only get knock hwy cruising...110 - 130...6th gear, 3000 - 3500 rpm...knocks when stock too...so this is not a tuning issue...

I've heard that you can tune the knock away at the expense of fuel mileage...the way I see it, is that if that knock is truly that bad, we'd have a lot more blown engines than we already do, as it tuned or not...

never for a second do I think we have a inline-6 that is harmonically balanced and ideal for turbo-charging...

who's running on the econo maps? I might do it for a trip up to Montreal, but I figure it's more frustration than it's worth...hehe...

i think in the map notes you aren't supposed to run econo except for stock cars so i wouldn't try it if you have other mods

Fobio
01-18-2009, 01:16 AM
i think in the map notes you aren't supposed to run econo except for stock cars so i wouldn't try it if you have other mods

Thanks for the heads up man!

brecker
03-16-2009, 03:13 PM
hey mark, where ahve u been?:chuckle you should be able to use stage2+ 93+ SF.

anyway, couple days ago (-21 in the morning), i got a first cel after i warm up the car too long, i totally forgot the car has already started--about 15min. i chk the code, P0421 (warm up cat not efficiency). i ran back to smell the exhaust gas, it smelled normal. no CEL since then. this car doesnt like extream cold for sure.

I have this CEL daily!! No big deal
I'm running stage2+SF 91 103 beta still - I'm loving it too much to use the official releases.