PDA

View Full Version : Next Suspension Mods?

RNUOVR
02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Well I'm looking at beefing up the suspension a little more on my hatch, I don't do any autoX so I'm not looking to go extreme.
Right now I've got Progress springs, mazdaspeed camber kit & front strut bar.
I am wondering what the next suspension step would be that would make a decent difference on these cars:

I was looking at:

- a rear strut bar
- rear sway bar

after that I see alot of options for other types of bars & braces offered for the 3, but not sure which ones would make a difference (or the biggest difference) & which ones are more bling than anything.

Marsh
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Rear sway bars will greatly help any FWD car. Best mod I ever made on my Prelude.

cwp_sedan
02-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Rear sway for sure!

Donutz
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Cheap: rear sway bar (a thick one like RacingBeat).
Not so cheap: struts

RNUOVR
02-12-2009, 09:18 AM
now I'm looking at either the Progress or Racing Beat rear sway bar. Now the other question that I have is:
I was reading that the Racing Bet one works better in a set (with the bigger front bar), as supposedly this is the way that they are designed to work best torgether, I really don't see myself gettign a front bar this summer (already spent way too much on the car already this year). Now if I was only looking to get a rear bar would I be better with say the Progress one or the Racing Beat one?

Donutz
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm typing on my BB so I'll keep it short. RacingBeat.