PDA

View Full Version : SOLO 2: 2009 Casc-Or Mobil 1 Autoslalom Championship

mleblond
02-18-2009, 02:24 PM
The schedule is out. Anyone thinking of competing this year? I am basically looking for people to race with. Maybe have a team or something.

Anyone?

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15800

Fobio
02-18-2009, 03:17 PM
I'll prolly do one or two HADA events in Brampton if time permits, but I can't commit to a full season of running autox, running around southern ontario.

mleblond
02-18-2009, 03:27 PM
But will you commit to CSCS this season?

Fobio
02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
dang...if CSCS moves all over the province then I dunno. If it's just Cayuga, then prolly yes, esp if we can get some sort of benefit from registering for the series. Basically, my wknds from now til Oct is wedding planning or track related. =)

mleblond
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
dang...if CSCS moves all over the province then I dunno. If it's just Cayuga, then prolly yes, esp if we can get some sort of benefit from registering for the series. Basically, my wknds from now til Oct is wedding planning or track related. =)

Hahaha, yea budget is tighter for me this year so I am trying to figure out what I will do. It was too much last year...

sjd
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
The schedule is out. Anyone thinking of competing this year? I am basically looking for people to race with. Maybe have a team or something.

Anyone?

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15800

I'll running all the Regional events except one (wedding to attend) in my MX-5. I've started to put together a team for the CASC regional series, we have 4 of 6 so far. I'll also be running HADA, some PITL events and all of our TLMC series too. I'll be at two of the 3 CSCS events but won't be running unless I put a roll bar in the MX-5.

Fobio
02-19-2009, 12:38 PM
^^^dude...you are the guy we've been waiting for! We need factory support for CSCS... amongst many, many other things!!!

...now, I just hope you are the THE MAN, and not just someone working for "The MAN" spying on us... =)

sjd
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
^^^dude...you are the guy we've been waiting for! We need factory support for CSCS... amongst many, many other things!!!

...now, I just hope you are the THE MAN, and not just someone working for "The MAN" spying on us... =)

LOL. Thanks. I've been a member of the Mazda community since 2002, having owned an RX-7 and Protege5 and there are several people from the Protege club, RX-7 club and T.O. Mazda6 who know me and can vouch for me.

As for factory support, I am huge motorsports fan and have been for years and I love talking to owners who are as passionate about cars (And Mazdas) as I am, if I wasn't I wouldn't still be on these forums! I used to wonder why Mazda Canada never really got involved until I started working here and got a feel for how small the Canadian market really is, even for new car sales let alone for motorsports and modded cars. There is very little return on investment.

Even when Mazda was involved with MOTM in 2007 several people on a few forums (this one included) complained that the event was becoming too corporate. That was before my time at Mazda BTW. I am currently here on contract until 2010. I have to put that work for Mazda in my sig so you guys know who I am and you can take that into account when I say something. It's not really spying if you know who I am. LOL. Obviously the opinions above are my own and not those of Mazda Canada.

Fobio
02-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey Steve...looking forward to meeting and running with you this year then!

How about this to start...you bring a nice Mazda tent for all of us to chill under, we bring some Mazda's...make some videos...and trophies?

S.F.W.
02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I am currently here on contract until 2010. I have to put that work for Mazda in my sig so you guys know who I am and you can take that into account when I say something. It's not really spying if you know who I am. LOL. Obviously the opinions above are my own and not those of Mazda Canada.

Well, on behalf of the admin team and other members, thank you for being open about working for Mazda. Though your opinions are your own, it's still nice to see.

Ziploc
02-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Unless my classes get scheduled for Saturdays I should be at most of the HADA, PITL and local Casc events hooning around.

silentRAGE
02-19-2009, 08:38 PM
i was at the open house and attend the 2 day driving course last year.. but due to work and school i didn't join the solo2 series.. i plan to run this year for the full schedule mleblond you planning to put a time together?

silentRAGE
02-19-2009, 08:39 PM
** team

Marsh
02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I'll be at the full series, being as I'm the series steward. Hopefully exacting a little revenge after last years season from hell.

silentRAGE
02-21-2009, 05:05 AM
hey marsh.. remember me? i was at the 2 day driving course.. i had the black turbo eclipse.. how is the miata doing?

Marsh
02-21-2009, 10:25 PM
New one is OK for the moment, but it still has issues. Hopefully it will last the season without too many issues. But it more or less needs a new engine which I won't be able to afford this year.

silentRAGE
02-21-2009, 10:53 PM
oh that sucks.. well its okay.. i totaled my eclipse! =(
so thats why i got a mazda 3 well i'll see you soon at the events

silvermist99
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I want to check out the mosport one... but won't be in the country =/

sjd
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Well, on behalf of the admin team and other members, thank you for being open about working for Mazda. Though your opinions are your own, it's still nice to see.

Thanks. :)

silvermist99
02-25-2009, 11:41 AM
silvermist99 will be attending:

PITL July 4th 2009
TLMC July 5th 2009
HADA July 25th 2009

tentative:
CSCS Aug 23 2009. Will be spectating if I can get that day off work & my camera gears