PDA

View Full Version : nothing definitive on stock endlinks

MOD-P
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
been searching the forums for info regarding stock endlinks mated with a/m sway bars...and i couldn't find anything definitive. Can anyone in the know, tell me whether or not i'll have to beef up my endlinks if I install mazdaspeed swaybars (26mm front/26mm rear), as mazdaspeed doesn't offer or mention the necessity to do so? I'm dealing with a 135% increase in stiffness for the front swaybar, and 186% increase in stiffness for the rear swaybar...if i'm not mistaken.

If it is necessary, I have warranty concerns, and I obviously don't want to void my warranty...suggestions? Will a dealer allow MS3 endlinks under warranty on my MZ3...lol, wish I had the money for an MS3 in the first place:/ Any concrete info would be appreciated:D

yearoftherat
02-24-2009, 09:36 PM
1) If the swaybars/ endlinks are from a mazdaspeed 3 car and they are installed on your car, if there is a problem with your car and it is suspension related, warranty may be voided due to the modifications.

2) If the swaybars are the ones mazda offers as an aftermarket accessory and they are installed by the dealership, they are covered under warranty.

Donutz
02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
You should be fine with your stock end links. People have had their endlinks go with am bars. I'm running RacingBeat's rsb on stock end links without any issues (knock on wood).

In terms of warranty, the fact is, when you mod your car you are always at risk of voiding your warranty.

MOD-P
02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
they are mazdaspeed accessories, but are a green warranty level which means i can have anyone install them without having the mod affect my warranty...the bars themselves are under warranty for 12 months/20,000km. I've checked this over with andrew at oakville mazda...forgot to ask about endlinks though:/

Donutz
02-24-2009, 09:50 PM
That's a good point. I assume that the bar is under warranty, but the endlinks wouldn't be covered (just a guess though). I assume this because they are designed for use with the stock bars.

Ask Andrew and let us know what he says; I'm curious.

yearoftherat
02-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Endlinks will not be covered since they are not part of the original car

MOD-P
02-24-2009, 10:58 PM
guess i'll have to go with the stock endlinks until the warranty runs out...hope they hold up:whoa

MOD-P
02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
going to call him tomorrow and find out...i'll let you know when i find out...sucks i can't edit posts yet:bang

MOD-P
02-25-2009, 09:18 PM
so this is what oakvillemazda told me today...the stock endlinks would be replaced under warranty if they were to break as a result of using a MAZDASPEED swaybar...for as long as your vehicle warranty lasts, though I don't know if that applies to a 3rd party a/m swaybar (eibach included even though they supposedly make the mazdaspeed bars)...if I were to order MS3 endlinks, and have them installed on my MZ3, they too would be covered under warranty being an OEM Mazda part albeit from a different car (not sure how that all works out, but that's what I was told, so i'm going with it:P)...I'm not sure about how other dealerships would view this issue, but this is the case at oakville mazda

condor888000
02-25-2009, 09:30 PM
I suggest you ask for something in writting, just in case.

MOD-P
02-25-2009, 09:33 PM
good suggestion...only spoke with them over the phone today, but i'll be sure to do that on my upcoming oil change