PDA

View Full Version : Question about DRL

Whosit
03-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I just ordered my HID kit and am only now reading that I will have to disable my DRL and move them to my fogs. Now before I get told to use the search function I did and found a few different methods. My question is which is the easiest/best way to Disable the DRL and have the fogs as DRLs?

Fuman
03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
I just ordered my HID kit and am only now reading that I will have to disable my DRL and move them to my fogs. Now before I get told to use the search function I did and found a few different methods. My question is which is the easiest/best way to Disable the DRL and have the fogs as DRLs?

relay kit will get rid of DRLs.
Fogs as DRL will require some rewiring - check the FAQ page or HOW-TO section for this one

notoriousb
03-15-2009, 12:29 AM
get rid of DRLS... forget about them.

Just turn on ur HIDS when u drive if u care so much!

Gizzmo_jr
03-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Like others have side, the relay harness kit will bypass DRL. Use the trigger wire activated by your stock low beam wiring.

Fog light bypass there are generally two methods, some rewiring at the PJB (passenger side junction box) or running a wire from the stock switch to another 12v source. Basically bypassing the computers decision to only allow fogs if your low beams are on.

wikdslo
03-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Are fogs legal to use as DRL's?

It was my understanding that any car that was sold from the factory with DRL's must have DRL's operating, or else you can get ticketed. no?

Thrizzl3
03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
some audi's have their fogs as DRL's. im pretty sure that as long as people see any light on the front of your car then your ok

Hives
03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
arggg, 04-06s are such a bitch lol
I hafta get mines done in May. Good thing im not doing it myself lol

Whosit
03-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Are fogs legal to use as DRL's?

It was my understanding that any car that was sold from the factory with DRL's must have DRL's operating, or else you can get ticketed. no?

This is true but it does not have to be the lights that came from the factory. Fog lights are legal.

Hives
03-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Whosit, have you also considered the independent fog mod?

Whosit
03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Whosit, have you also considered the independent fog mod?

yup... already done :)

RedRaptor
03-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Neons, Muranos (HID equipped), Audi all have fog DRLs.

The new BMWs have angel eyes as DRLs now.

So I would say anything goes in terms of DRLs.

Whosit
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Neons, Muranos (HID equipped), Audi all have fog DRLs.

The new BMWs have angel eyes as DRLs now.

So I would say anything goes in terms of DRLs.

Correct. I checked with a guy at work (transport canada) to confirm this before I did it.

sp3GT
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I have independent fog mod done and i'm using nokya yellows as drls but I only turn them on sometimes to save the bulbs.

You don't really need drls IMO

Gizzmo_jr
03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
You don't really need drls IMO
We don't need front plates either, but the law is the law.

ismail_alikhan
03-26-2009, 02:51 PM
I have a friend whos a cop and hes said as long the cops see 2 driving lights in the front it doesnt really matter even at night!.....but yeah the law is the law....