PDA

View Full Version : keyless entry question

victor_t
03-18-2009, 12:51 PM
I bought a used 2007 GX that has power door locks, electric mirrors and windows and air conditioning from a non-mazda dealer.
however, it did not come with the keyless entry FOBs.

I read in some threads here about people adding the remote entry module to a car that has power door locks.

does this mean it's possible to buy a mazda 3 with power door locks but without keyless entry? I thought that when you added the power door locks option to a GX model, you got the keyless entry as well.

until now I thought the dealer/owner lost the remotes and was planning on buying some remotes on ebay.

how can I tell if I have the keyless entry module in the car?

Thrizzl3
03-18-2009, 03:56 PM
so your saying your car has non - OEM parts added to it? i would ask the people where you bought the car from if they have remotes for it..otherwise you can go to audioheaven get one of the computer or viper alarm systems installed

5_Alive
03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
You can go visit one of the service departments at your local Mazda dealer and have a service rep. run the VIN of your car to see if keyless entry was equipped with your vehicle from new.
If so, its as easy as buying a new fob and having it re-programmed.
If not, then you add a module.

victor_t
03-19-2009, 01:19 AM
so your saying your car has non - OEM parts added to it?

no, it is a mazda 3 GX with factory air conditioning and electric windows/mirrors and doors. I believe it is basically the "confort package" but I can't find a description of what the confort package included on a 2007 GX.

Thrizzl3
03-19-2009, 01:30 AM
no, it is a mazda 3 GX with factory air conditioning and electric windows/mirrors and doors. I believe it is basically the "confort package" but I can't find a description of what the confort package included on a 2007 GX.

well i have a 2005 GX and it came with power door locks and key fobs so i dunno what happened with your car. go to the dealership and see if your car can have the keyless entry

mazdabetty
03-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Uhh YEAH you should have a fob... you should have 2 in fact. When I got my car the dealer only gave me one fob and I threw a fit for 2 weeks until they made sure they found the other one. lol... it's part of the car that's like them selling you a car without a steering wheel... haha okay bad example. But it's still part of the car you bought.

They probably have it lying around somewhere. If not they should at least pay for one, as any good dealer would do... unless you bought it at Downsview Auto :whoa

HunGJaI
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
The comfort package should come with FOB keys...

well from what I can tell... 09's do on the site... So I'm guessing your 07 should have them as well.

You should go back to the dealer and ask them about it...techinally if they do have the FOB keys they can access your car anything they want...and seeing how you left info they do know where you live ::whoa

victor_t
03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
... right.

now, assuming I don't get the remotes from the place I bought it from, how can I make the computer forget the previous remotes?

Gizzmo_jr
03-19-2009, 12:59 PM
how can I make the computer forget the previous remotes?

When you do the remote (fobs) reprogram process, all fobs that weren't included are deleted. If I recall.

liquidzyklon
03-19-2009, 08:14 PM
If I remember correctly, the 2007 GX does not come with keyless entry regardless of which option you have. But you can always call the dealer to confirm.

Check out mazda.ca --> Vehicles --> Archives --> 2007 --> Mazda3 --> Features

Jeff-TheBiz
03-20-2009, 12:01 AM
If I remember correctly, the 2007 GX does not come with keyless entry regardless of which option you have. But you can always call the dealer to confirm.

Check out mazda.ca --> Vehicles --> Archives --> 2007 --> Mazda3 --> Features

The GX didn't come with keyless in 2005.

It can be added for about $200-$250.

Thrizzl3
03-20-2009, 12:03 AM
The GX didn't come with keyless in 2005.

It can be added for about $200-$250.

mine did..unless it came with the convience package..

HunGJaI
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Check out mazda.ca --> Vehicles --> Archives --> 2007 --> Mazda3 --> Pricing

Convenience Package: Includes CD Player +2 Speakers, Power Locks, Remote Keyless Entry, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Illuminated Entry.

It does come with Remote Keyless Entry...unless you did not get the convenience package...

HunGJaI
03-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Sorry, I'm wrong...

I clicked on 2005 and not 2007

Power Package: Includes 2 additional speakers (4 total), Steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Power locks with front passenger side switch, Power windows with one touch down feature on driver's side, Power body coloured heated exterior mirrors, Illuminated entry.

Wow, 2005 has keyless while 2007 does not...making you get the GS to have that feature :S

victor_t
03-20-2009, 09:40 AM
yeah. I find it a bit ridiculous to have power doors without keyless entry, in addition to not having a remote trunk release. my previous car was a 2002 sentra and it had remote doors and trunk. oh well...

I discovered that if I keep the key in the lock longer all doors will open so it's not so bad for the passenger.

maybe I'll get used to not having the remote. if not, I'll look into adding one at the dealer.

HunGJaI
03-20-2009, 10:36 AM
just get an aftermarket alarm system/keyless entry :)