PDA

View Full Version : Installation Hella Horns

Dragazn
03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I have some hellahorns that I want to install. Just wondering what a decent price is for installation. I was quoted $70. Any idea and recommendations?

Donutz
03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Free is the best price; diy. YOTR posted a how to, which details the install in you stock location. I installed mine behind the grill on my rad support.

$70 seems like a lot. I was quoted about $50 from Andy, but decided to diy because it is a really easy install.

Dragazn
03-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Yea I've read Chris' how-to, the only problem is I don't have the tools. Andy was the one that quoted me $70, guess his installation prices went up? :loco

omalak
03-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Talk to Dan he's your man ( I find myself doing a cheerleader rantin my head.... If he can't do it no one can) lol

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=201

Donutz
03-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Dan has been MIA for a few weeks (I hope everything is irie).

Op, how do you want to mount your horns and where? I have the tools if you have all of the additional parts you need.

mazdaskit
05-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Im gonna get some hella this week or next and wanted to know if any one has put them in the lower grill like the pic below and have pics how they were mounted. Also what is the right way to do it with the relay or not. if i dont use it what is the harm or what ever lol or should i just use Thanks

http://goldphishe.com/cwp/slides/IMG_0700.jpg

Donutz
05-23-2010, 10:19 AM
I put mine behind the upper grill simply to keep them less exposed to the elements. They hang down from the rad support and are slightly tucked behind front bumper at the outer edge of the upper grill.

yearoftherat
05-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Ally, (the one who owns the above car) removed the front bumper and installed the hellas with the brackets installed/drilled into the front bumper reinforcement.

Gizzmo_jr
05-23-2010, 11:26 PM
I put mine behind the upper grill simply to keep them less exposed to the elements. They hang down from the rad support and are slightly tucked behind front bumper at the outer edge of the upper grill.

I think we have ours in the same spot, but I agree with getting them up out of harms way. In fact, if you do it right you can reuse the hood latch bolts.