PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Buyer's market

SilentJay
03-27-2009, 02:24 PM
All this is, for those who haven't had the misfortune of sitting through business classes, is a condition where there are more sellers than buyers. Now obviously there are more members than sponsors, but the theme behind this idea would remain the same.

For example: I am looking for rims, a cat-back exhaust, and a cf hood. I create a post indicating that I am looking for these products, and am looking for bids or price quotes from sellers/sponsors (RFQ). SponsorA PMs me with a quote of $2000 for all of the above. SellerB PMs me with an offer for $2100 for all of the above. SponsorC PMs me with an offer for $1985.

In essence, it gives more buying power to the consumer - No special PHP plugins, just an additional forum heading.

http://www.reload.me.uk/stuff/bunny_pancake.jpg

JadeButterfly
03-27-2009, 02:37 PM
wouldn't that be similar to posting a WTB thread in the classified?

SilentJay
03-27-2009, 05:33 PM
It would, but it'd be a more "specialized" place that doesn't have all the noise of FS/GI/GB posts. Sellers/Sponsors/Vendors would have all the merchandise requests in one neat sub-section, as opposed to trawling through the masses.

Shotta-KB
03-31-2009, 02:03 AM
That is a great idea actually...It would help sponsors generate potential revenue as well with less filtering to go through in the "general classifieds"

BoostieMonster
04-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Good idea!!