PDA

View Full Version : RUST Issue? What years affected?

Ant1loop
04-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Hello ALL

I am looking to purchase a used Mazda 3.

A major concern after reading reviews.

1) Which years are affected by RUST? Did this go away after 2004? OR is 2005, 2006 etc. still affected?

2) Any Automatic tranmission issues at all? If so what years?

I am looking to get a 2005 most likely as it fits my budget.

Thank ahead of time!

vladimir
04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
all of them.
Just make sure you buy a used one that has no rust, and then rust proof it annually at Krown. My friends think I am stupid rust proofing my brand new car but then I look at their 8 year old cars that have some rust on it and I say, well at least in 8 years my car won't have that rust on it.

omalak
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
double post.. merge threads?

Jeff0
04-08-2009, 01:05 PM
all of them.
Just make sure you buy a used one that has no rust, and then rust proof it annually at Krown. My friends think I am stupid rust proofing my brand new car but then I look at their 8 year old cars that have some rust on it and I say, well at least in 8 years my car won't have that rust on it.

+1
All of the cheap mazda paint and materials...:complain

ismail_alikhan
04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
The Mazda is very nice...I got mine rustproofed...but still the rust issue worries me...I bought mine to keep it till it dies.....

The paint scratches very easily though....

Blue_Jinnee
04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I got the undercoating from mazda , my car still ok so far

mazda lover
04-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Rust proofing will NOT stop surface rust. It will help rust from forming on the inside of the panels, doors, fenders etc. It might be about cheap metal and or poor preperation before painting, or even thin paint and a one coat system that includes the primer. Before it was 2 coats, 1 primer coat than the paint. Many factors what could be the cause. But Mazda says its all about stone chips.
Mazda like GMs intake manifold gasket that they used for 10 years knowing they would fail prematurely Mazda knows from the days of the Protege that they rusted early you would think they would have fixed the problem by now. We got a lot of features for the money, but really didn't ask for or payed for the rust but got it anyways.
Good luck to us....link.....google Mazda Portege rust
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f19ab51

mazdas3sporte
04-10-2009, 10:10 AM
the paint job of the mazda3 is horrible, I think its 1 layer of paint, its so easy for the paint to chip and to get surface rust. for anyone considering getting a 3 I would strongly recommend clear sheild, you can haggle it with the dealer your buying from so u get it free or at a discount, i know for the full car clear sheild its over 7 bills

mazdabetty
04-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Bah... the clear shield does nothing... I have rock chips on my roof/on the sides of my car :complain

mazda lover
04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Bah... the clear shield does nothing... I have rock chips on my roof/on the sides of my car :complain

so you have clear shield? if you do it is probably on the hood, you didn't mention any chips on the hood? do you have clear shied on the roof or on the sides?

agm_ultimatex
04-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Hmm didnt know there was an issue eeeeep.

My mom was telling me around the first winter that I had my car that she didnt like the idea of rust proofing. Chemicals and all that. Also that it never made a difference on her cars.

That said, im wondering if anyone knows of good places to get it done in the barrie area?

aris
04-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Hmm didnt know there was an issue eeeeep.

My mom was telling me around the first winter that I had my car that she didnt like the idea of rust proofing. Chemicals and all that. Also that it never made a difference on her cars.

That said, im wondering if anyone knows of good places to get it done in the barrie area?

Krown or Rust Check is a good place to get it rust proofed

Tuga
04-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Mine is a 05 and i bought it second hand ,but not from a mazda dealer .
Does anybody know if a mazda dealer will fix the rust that i have specially in the wheel well .
Tha car has about 45000 km.
just wanted to know if its still under the warranty

thanu31
04-19-2009, 12:27 AM
you have 5 years so it should expire some time next year.

You can try taking it to dealer, some would do it.

Search the forum, there are a lot of people who had issues fixed.

thanu31
04-19-2009, 12:35 AM
i should add: "TEMP" fix

aris
04-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Mine is a 05 and i bought it second hand ,but not from a mazda dealer .
Does anybody know if a mazda dealer will fix the rust that i have specially in the wheel well .
Tha car has about 45000 km.
just wanted to know if its still under the warranty

It should still be under warranty...As long as it does not go over 5 years. THe km does not matter cause i read in the manual (i think) that it's unlimited km.

Tuga
04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the help guys :)