PDA

View Full Version : Prokits or Racing Beat?

evik
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Just debating between these two springs...

one is 1.2' all around (Prokits), the other is 0.75' all around (Racing beat)...

Planning on getting new springs for the 2010 hatch! Also going to be picking up 18' rims sometime this week...

I hear that if i am to use prokits for the drop, with 18X7.5 wheels installed, I will experience rubbing at wheel lock, is that correct?

Also, if i go for a more subtle drop, say the racing beat, will it wear out my stock shocks slower than the prokits? Further, will be camber problem be smaller than what people are experiencing with the prokits?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Eric

evik
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Also, any pictures of racing beat springs installed would be great =P All pics i've seen are either sportlines or prokits!!

mit-gee-mui
04-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Also, any pictures of racing beat springs installed would be great =P All pics i've seen are either sportlines or prokits!!

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17798&highlight=racing%2Abeat

Post 14

:)

Donutz
04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
What is that you want from your springs? Drop; performance; looks? You can find some data on the prokits and rb here: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=106175.0

Personally, I would suggest prokits. They offer a slightly larger drop, and slightly harder spring rate.

06Touring3
04-09-2009, 11:37 AM
If a drop with comparable comfort to stock my suggestion if neither and look into Progress springs. The spring rates are almost exact as the stock spring and the drop is 1.3" all around. Otherwise i would say Prokits. Same drop just stiffer

And in regards to your struts I read something somewhere last year when I was deciding to drop or not that sealed it for me. If you put on new springs and your struts go, there's a pretty good chance your struts were going to go anyway.

Also IIRC, Flipdaddy mentioned at one point that he had 3 different kinds of springs on his old 3 (all lower than Prokits) and ran the stock struts the whole time. And I believe this was over the course of a few years so there's some perspective for you.

Hives
04-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I'd go with the prokits if you want a lowered look.
If you want to maintain more of a stock ride height with a more stiffer feel, go with the racing beats.

Iceman_F1
04-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm on prokits and I like the drop and ride. However from what I remember, Jason (DP for Oakville Mazda) has a 2010 hatch running on MazdaSpeed springs (not the OEM, the aftermarket ones...and I believe they are basically the same drop as prokits) and he's on 18" rims I believe. Looks REAL nice and I don't think there's going to be any rubbing. But I could be wrong.

Fuman
04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Personally, I would suggest prokits. They offer a slightly larger drop, and slightly harder spring rate.
both eibach and RB don't list their spring rates. If you know what they are
please update the sticky
http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8772

Donutz
04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
From M3F:

Eibach
Mazda 3 04+
Pro-Kit:
Front 1.2 Rear 1.2
Spring Rate: (F) 160 (R) 171
Spring Type: Linear, Single Rate