PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of S.F.W.'s for sale thread without pictures

Tokic_o
04-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Continuation of discussion regarding this thread:http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=33094

isnt it rules that you have to post the actual item ? and off the car?

royroy
04-27-2009, 03:39 AM
isnt it rules that you have to post the actual item ? and off the car?

mods r exceptions =P

Pimpin_29y
04-27-2009, 05:52 AM
As per buy and sell rules, along with the 50 post requirement everyone is normally required to post actual pictures of items FS.

Please keep in mind these rules were put in place to protect members from fraudulant items with an unknown origin as well as parties only interested in profiting from our members.

The item is on the members car however if interested parties would like to purchase the item the part will be immediately removed as he has stated.

This isn't a court of law and we do bend rules for the benefit of our members from time to time. The club has rules however the moderation team are people too, we are not here to nit pick the MINOR details.

"It is also a rule that a name tag be added with the members name and date be added for each picture. (To prove that indeed the item is within the members possession)"

The moderation team FREQUENTLY overlooks this in the classifieds if the member has been established in the community and is known to have this item. (Again the Moderation team is not here to nit pick the minor details)

Considering the item for sale and the reputation of the member in question he is basically vouching for this sale with his name on the line.

The moderation team has placed rules in the efforts of keeping this community a safe and healthy place. We do not appreciate double edged swords used against us when we are looking out for our members interest.

FYI: IF this is the case and rule enforcement is so important to these TWO members the moderation team will take this day to lock EVERY CLASSIFIED thread which does not follow forum guidelines to a tee.

Additionally in the interest of GOOD WILL of forum "Rule Enforcement" and since this is so near and dear to your hearts.

I am sure that you two individuals will not mind being examples of a "GOOD FORUM MEMBER".

The moderation team will dedicate this day in reviewing ALL posts made by yourselves and act according as "PER FORUM RULES."

I honestly don't see a problem. However if the answer above does not satisfy your needs, please reply with a "Please Lock Thread."

I will PERSONALLY lock this till pictures are posted and the moderation team will act accordingly as per your agreement of being a "MODEL Forum Member" and to look into your previous posts.

Please let us know. :) :) :)

cereal83
04-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Rules are rules imo. You don't bend the rules for other users so why do it for him?

Iceman_F1
04-27-2009, 07:10 AM
UGH...If only I had more money right now. :bang

Oh, and there has been other "bending" with the rules for other people, whether they are forum mods or not. It's usually the case that if the item is on the car in the case of springs, shocks or other item that is hard to see/take a picture of, the forum mods usually are a bit more relaxed.

Pimpin_29y
04-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Please keep in mind these rules were put in place to protect members from fraudulant items with an unknown origin as well as parties only interested in profiting from our members.

The item is on the members car however if interested parties would like to purchase the item the part will be immediately removed as he has stated.

This isn't a court of law and we do bend rules for the benefit of our members from time to time. The club has rules however the moderation team are people too, we are not here to nit pick the MINOR details.

"It is also a rule that a name tag be added with the members name and date be added for each picture. (To prove that indeed the item is within the members possession)"

The moderation team FREQUENTLY overlooks this in the classifieds if the member has been established in the community and is known to have this item. (Again the Moderation team is not here to nit pick the minor details)

Again and again the moderation team is not here to nit pick the minor details if we did many many people would be very bitter of how anal TM3 is. I myself have been guilty for not posting the name tags on FS threads.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=33040

The Moderation team is not here to POLICE every action. If you are an established member and are credible we take your word for having the items. Though part of the rules we "Overlook it in MANY instances"

We would like to believe our members and have kept these FS threads open, here are some examples...

IF you insist on the "RULES are RULES" here are some of the threads which will be locked until...(Parts are off the car, Names and Dates are added etc etc.)

Members can thank you later.

Pimpin_29's Aquarium

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=33040

Big Dad's Ikon Rims

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32998

Siscol's Tires

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32888

PierreB's RX-8 rims

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32787

Chesms3's Prosport Gauges

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32995

Mike Moss's Racing Hart Wheels

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32911

Fobio's Powdercoated RX8's

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31381

Mazda3X2's Sportmaxx rims

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32944

dhawtin's zeo rims

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27742

Stretch's Winter rims

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32881

McGuyver_3's Audio and Car Parts

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32564

Krakor's Parts

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31740

Garu's Massive Part Out Sale

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32837

RedRaptor's OEM Sedan Tails

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31833

Sicsol's Mazda Coilovers

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32713

SpeedBaby's 18" RAYS

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32614

Chuckie
04-27-2009, 08:10 AM
I think its one of those things that you can't really take off until you have a commited sale.

anyway back on topic.

The FSD's do ride very nicely. If someone's shocks are about done they should jump on these.

Noisy Crow
04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Again and again the moderation team is not here to nit pick the minor details if we did many many people would be very bitter of how anal TM3 is.

Hey Gabe,

Ummm... first, I fully understand the point about flexibility.

That said, I think you mods need to go talk about this amongst yourselves. Specifically about what the roles of the mods are on TM3. Mods have do addtional responsibility, and they work hard to to make the place run smoothly, so it is reasonable to cut them some slack. On the other hand an argument can be made for holding them to a higher standard due to their role.

From my perspective the bottom line is that we should all help each other out, cut some each other some slack, and enjoy our common interest. I really don't want this place to turn into one of those boards that is so rule-bound that for-sale threads get shut down just because of a few extraneous comments. Although, in this particular case, I think we might need a new thread so we can stop thread-jacking S.F.W.'s sale.

cereal83
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
I see posts get deleted and MOD's don't have to follow the site rules. I will remember that next time I wanna sell something on here!

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15663

Rule #4

4) Every item listing for sale or for trade must have actual item photos and inclusion of hand-written note stating date and your handle name. An item must belong to and be in possession of the seller and the seller will be held responsible for the accuracy of the item described. Selling on behalf of someone else is not allowed.

p-o-g-i
04-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't recall any time recently seeing threads closed for not having a hand written note stating date and time. Don't get me wrong, I see your point as it is in the rules, but I don't recall any threads being closed for not having the note. Anyhow, I don't want to get off topic as the above comment should be put in the suggestion box.

bump for a trusted seller and good product...

Thrizzl3
04-27-2009, 05:45 PM
your just gauging interest for it to see who is interested

S.F.W.
04-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Often times the moderators allow people to sell parts that are still on their car, without pictures of the actual item. These tend to be situations, where the poster is only going to remove the parts if they sell.
We have never published this exception as it is handled on a case by case basis.
Should you require examples to satisfy your concern, feel free to look through the buy/sell history, or search.

5_Alive
04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
In this type of particular case, where he is selling shocks, I think I'd leave them in too whether or not I had my other set ready to go. This gives people the opportunity to go for a ride in the car, and get a feel for how the car will act.

Let him go put a piece of paper with his name on it, take a picture with his car. If he is a trusted member like people say he is, why worry?

Did it snow again outside? Everyone needs to relax, and the mods have been doing a fine job and I don't see any problem lately.
I remember from my TOProtege days, I never had any pictures of the things I sold of the P5, yet people trusted me enough to know, and I'm still the same way.

This needs to get locked and people need to go enjoy the weather. Come on guys, let loose.
Moe

Kevin@nextmod
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Um.... honestly, IMO, if the item cannot be taken off to take pics, at least find the box of them and put your name and handle and date on it? Iam guilty myself for not following the rules so i'm not raging this against anyone here. But if we want to run this community well, i think we should have SET rules and follow them. I really dont think we should bend any rules for anyone because down the road members will just start arguing about "this person did this and that person didn't". So to prevent that i think from now on, close threads that dont follow rules. Also, we can't really just take words for people because either they are a mod, admin or a long time member. We never know if they're going to cheat or scam any members here.

my 2 cents.

Unoriginalusername
04-27-2009, 06:15 PM
i think its fine ... shocks and sways are hard to get pics off until uninstalled

mit-gee-mui
04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
And it was very easy to identify that it was his car in the picture. Would that not suffice for proof of possession? I know some people have done that in the past.

*continues browsing from deck*

dentinger
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
i think its fine ... shocks and sways are hard to get pics off until uninstalled

x2

i dont have a problem with this.

and im sure members, such as S.F.W. dont want to pay the uninstall/install few twice
(to remove/install koni's/stock shocks, then, in ami's case, remove stockers, installer coilovers)

McGuyver_3
04-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Just put this to rest leave him be we all know it is his car and he is stating that he wants coilovers. Why would he take off the shocks he has now to go back to stock and then instal his new coilovers? Thats labour 3 times if you include the original swap. I to have not followed the rules by putting that peice of paper with my name on it. i think its safe to say we can all trust each other with honesty

McGuyver_3
04-27-2009, 06:50 PM
x2

i dont have a problem with this.

and im sure members, such as S.F.W. dont want to pay the uninstall/install few twice
(to remove/install koni's/stock shocks, then, in ami's case, remove stockers, installer coilovers)

:@ you beat me to the punch with your reply lol

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Since there are so many exceptions to the rule already why do we even have it?

If the person starting the thread is selling something why do they need to have a sign with their user name on it? They started the thread. They should just provide pictures and if they don't have picture write out a description as detailed as possible until pics can be posted.

This is some senseless nit picking about a rule that IMO is pointless since the very people that are supposed to enforce the rule break it themselves.

Fobio
04-28-2009, 10:45 AM

If the person starting the thread is selling something why do they need to have a sign with their user name on it? They started the thread. They should just provide pictures and if they don't have picture write out a description as detailed as possible until pics can be posted.

This is some senseless nit picking about a rule that IMO is pointless since the very people that are supposed to enforce the rule break it themselves.

it's not about the "rules"...certain items are well known in the community...ie. Ami's coilovers...

having a sign with your handle and date shows ppl you actually have the goods in hand. this is particularly important for members of lower standing/exposure since not everyone knows them or whatever they're selling is legit...also to prevent scammers/spammers. It's not really breaking the rules when the member/goods in question are well-known and is vouched for by their member standing (ie mod) or from others. I'll put a sign up for generic goods so others know it's legit...I appreciate the flexibility being shown for my wheels (show me another set of of wheels that looks like mine...hehe), as ppl know me, my car and the wheels.

I don't have an issue with Ami's ad, but if someone does ask for pictures, I'd expect Ami to oblige as well, since I think he genuinely wants to sell them...

Nit-picking on mods is bad karma...

Iceman_F1
04-28-2009, 10:45 AM

I think the point of it is that it shows the item is in the hands of the user at the time of the post. Since it's not just a picture with a sign with the user name but a picture with a sign with the user name and date. At the same time, it shows the condition of the item as well as possible with the pictures taken. Without that, a person could say the item is in great condition and then waste the time of the person wanting to buy it. Or not even have it at the time.

Personally, I'd rather everyone follow the rule as much as possible while allowing a few exceptions on a case by case basis. In the case of parts on a car, I can understand not GREAT photos, but I'd still rather see whatever photos the person is able to take at that time.

mleblond
04-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I mean if you've sold a bunch of stuff before and have good feedback I don't see whats the problem. The rules are there to protect you from fraudulent sellers. We are a community and I think this far not many are the ones unsatisfied from their purchases.

Also this coming from a TRUSTED member, a mod, I know I would be buying in trust. Compared to a 100 post user or 1000 post user than never sold anything before on the site that could simply disappear the next day with my money.

chinsterr
04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Touchy subject right here ....

I'm just going to stay out of it completely.

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 11:09 AM
it's not about the "rules"...certain items are well known in the community...ie. Ami's coilovers...

having a sign with your handle and date shows ppl you actually have the goods in hand. this is particularly important for members of lower standing/exposure since not everyone knows them or whatever they're selling is legit...also to prevent scammers/spammers. It's not really breaking the rules when the member/goods in question are well-known and is vouched for by their member standing (ie mod) or from others. I'll put a sign up for generic goods so others know it's legit...I appreciate the flexibility being shown for my wheels (show me another set of of wheels that looks like mine...hehe), as ppl know me, my car and the wheels.

I don't have an issue with Ami's ad, but if someone does ask for pictures, I'd expect Ami to oblige as well, since I think he genuinely wants to sell them...

Nit-picking on mods is bad karma...

I didn't nit pick on any mod.

Because a lot of people know "you" or "your" parts (not you specifically Fobio) does not seem like a good enough reason to NOT follow the rules in place for selling an item on the forum. Rules are put in place to be followed. They aren't guidelines for posting something for sale if you don't already have an existing credible reputation with the members of the community.

To tell me that because we all know Ami and his coil overs that it's "not really" breaking the rules? It absolutely is breaking the defined rules of selling.

Now with that said. I am only using Ami as an example because his thread sparked this discussion. Obviously it makes no sense for him to take them off take pics and put them back on. Too much unnecessary work.

cwp_sedan
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm fine with not having any pics for them as I, as well as many others know these are currently on Ami's car. All I would suggest (to clam up those complaining about it) is to take a pic of them from underneath...if you can get underneath to take a pic.

I understand the rules are in place to protect all members but in some rare cases there are exceptions, and this is one of those cases. Since this time it's a mod everyone is having a fit. If someone is actually interested in purchasing these from Ami, go in person and see them. This will be even better than a picture with his name on it.

aris
04-28-2009, 11:18 AM
In my opion he should be able to do what he wants cause he is a moderator!

My $.02

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 11:22 AM

My $.02

Which is exactly why someone in that position should be more inclined to follow the rules they helped put in place. Sets the right example.

But I do see your point and don't disagree (before someone thinks I'm attacking a mod again)

Iceman_F1
04-28-2009, 11:26 AM

My $.02

So based on that, police officers can speed whenever they want, ignore other traffic laws when not rushing to a call just because they are police officers? Since, that's basically what it boils down to...

Which is exactly why someone in that position should be more inclined to follow the rules they helped put in place. Sets the right example.

But I do see your point and don't disagree (before someone thinks I'm attacking a mod again)

I agree with this statement. People in a position of power should be more inclined to follow the rules to set the example for everyone else.

Just adding my thoughts really...My "official position" about the thread in question is still have whatever pictures can be done while the items are still on the car...and if possible, have a sign still to say who the seller is and the date.

Fobio
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM

My $.02

actually, I think whether Ami's a mod or not is irrelevant. Nobody made a stink about my ad (but I did have pics), but ppl are being "rubbed the wrong way" cuz it's Ami/a mod's ad? Sure, perhaps, mods SHOULD be held to a higher standard, but that's a different topic. Whether Ami's ad has/need pics or not should have nothing to do with whether he's a mod or not...and the fact that I PERSONALLY feel this ad is OK because 1) it's Ami (not because he's a mod), 2) they're on the car, 3) you can make arrangements to see them yourself.

Furthermore, I tend to think this particular discussion is healthy, esp to revisit what ppl think of mods and how to contiually improve the relationship between the mods and the board... so ppl know mods are ppl too and so are guys on board.

emcdonnell
04-28-2009, 11:30 AM
No system is perfect. The reality is that no one set of rules will allow for all possible situations. As a result mods are forced to make judgemnt calls. Seeing as they are veteran members and know the forums best, they are most qualified to make such calls. The mods are human and will make mistakes. Even if they occasionally take advantage of their authority I would consider to be reasonable compensation for the service that they provide (within reason).

Personally I appreciate the job that they do. The rules exist to deal with abuses of the forums and there members. If it can be reasonably determined that there is no abuse occuring then why throw the rule book at people. This is a casual forum not the military.:loco

cwp_sedan
04-28-2009, 11:33 AM

My $.02

Uh, I don't necessarily agree with this statement, as mods should follow the rules just like everyone else. I know Ami as a person and am fine with the way his current FS thread even if he wasn't a Mod. Yes mods have more flexibility which is how it should be anyway.

aris
04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
So based on that, police officers can speed whenever they want, ignore other traffic laws when not rushing to a call just because they are police officers? Since, that's basically what it boils down to...

I agree with this statement. People in a position of power should be more inclined to follow the rules to set the example for everyone else.

Just adding my thoughts really...My "official position" about the thread in question is still have whatever pictures can be done while the items are still on the car...and if possible, have a sign still to say who the seller is and the date.

Every time i put anything for sale on this fourm i never had any problems with the mods..The rules are for us not them!!!

aris
04-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Uh, I don't necessarily agree with this statement, as mods should follow the rules just like everyone else. I know Ami as a person and am fine with the way his current FS thread even if he wasn't a Mod. Yes mods have more flexibility which is how it should be anyway.

I own my own bussiness and their is rules for my employess to follow...The rules were not set for me to follow.

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Every time i put anything for sale on this fourm i never had any problems with the mods..The rules are for us not them!!!

How do you figure the rules are not for them???

They are the ones who created the rules so it is ESPECIALLY important for mods to follow them. Or else how can they enforce them and expect people to listen?

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I own my own bussiness and their is rules for my employess to follow...The rules were not set for me to follow.

How can you make a statement like that when you own your own business? How can you enforce your own rules if you don't follow them?

That is some messed up logic right there

Noisy Crow
04-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Personally I appreciate the job that they do. The rules exist to deal with abuses of the forums and there members. If it can be reasonably determined that there is no abuse occuring then why throw the rule book at people. This is a casual forum not the military.:loco

+1000

Common sense should prevail.... please, please, PLEASE let's avoid nit-picky blind adherence to a precise set of rules simply because "they are the rules". There is nothing like going all legalistic for crushing the enjoyment out of something.

Cardinal Fang
04-28-2009, 11:48 AM

Uh....let me just say that I disagree with this.

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 11:48 AM

Thank God!

Noisy Crow
04-28-2009, 11:54 AM

I read this as meaning the rules are for us, and we are not for the rules. We being ALL members, mods and non-mods.

Cardinal Fang
04-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Thank God!

1. He's too busy with the Swine Flu to be concerned with forum rules.
2. It was a silly statement.

aris
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
How can you make a statement like that when you own your own business? How can you enforce your own rules if you don't follow them?

That is some messed up logic right there

OK thats your opion and it's fare enough...
Their is no need to get all worked up about all this..realy who cares if he bends the rules or not..i couldn't care less..i just stated my opion earlier and for some reason you think that you need to jump down my back..

aris
04-28-2009, 12:01 PM

Fare enough

1. He's too busy with the Swine Flu to be concerned with forum rules.
2. It was a silly statement.

No i do not have the Swine Flu..i was just stating my personal opion

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 12:04 PM
OK thats your opion and it's fare enough...
Their is no need to get all worked up about all this..realy who cares if he bends the rules or not..i couldn't care less..i just stated my opion earlier and for some reason you think that you need to jump down my back..

lol I'm ok

Kevin@nextmod
04-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Um...Why can't you take pics of your suspension? Here is an example of how strict the civic site is. You HAVE to provide pics with your handle in order to keep the thread alive.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn163/k20redline/FG2Parts018.jpg

Kevin@nextmod
04-28-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm not trying to cause any troubles here but you can easily get under the car and put your handle on it especially on the 3 because you can see the springs and shocks seperately. I'm not saying i dont trust ami and i for sure do because hes a stand up guy and i believe him. But i think rules are set to follow and exceptions should not be applied.

Another thing about vouching for other members should not be trusted. For say, i can post something up for sale now, and i'm sure a few members here can vouch for me but what if i was planning to scam someone? The buy of my product blames me and the people that vouched for me.

KenYork
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM
I find exceptions like this should be legit for members that attend meets regularly and have the item on their car.
What I mean is that they are showing their cars regulary including the item for sale and the proof is at the meet for all to see and criticize. Show up to B&B tonite he'll be there and so will his suspension.

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I find exceptions like this should be legit for members that attend meets regularly and have the item on their car.
What I mean is that they are showing their cars regulary including the item for sale and the proof is at the meet for all to see and criticize. Show up to B&B tonite he'll be there and so will his suspension.

Not everyone can make it to meets that Ami goes to. Or meets in general.

KenYork
04-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Not everyone can make it to meets that Ami goes to. Or meets in general.

I was refering to meets in general, and the point is the credability of having an item(not Ami situation specifically).

Couldn't we have just avoided all of this by just asking for actual pics? We do that with all other members.

FLIPDADY
04-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Okay someone take a picture of Ami's shocks already!

KenYork
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Okay someone take a picture of Ami's shocks already!

I'm thinking of doing that tonite.:chuckle

FLIPDADY
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Oh and don't forget to add the forum handle and date!

Iceman_F1
04-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh and don't forget to add the forum handle and date!

+1 :chuckle :pop

chinsterr
04-28-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't think there has every been an incident where a seller (from this board) scammed or cheated another member ... but I could be wrong.

However, I know there have been incidents where sellers were robbed !

We (as a community) need more seller protection :P

sp3GT
04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
^ I agree lol, I think it was someone that was selling eyelids, got them robbed.

cwp_sedan
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
^ I agree lol, I think it was someone that was selling eyelids, got them robbed.

I think he's referring to buyers getting ripped off, not sellers. I do remember that though about the eyelids or whatever it was.

Krakor
04-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I had my threads shut down a few times by S.F.W. when I didn't have pics!

Not to be a jerk, but if the rules apply to us, it should apply to the mods.

Krakor's Parts

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31740

You have my parts listed above but I have everything listed according to the rules.
Krakor's Parts

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31740 (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31740)

All my parts are off th ecar and tagged with my TM3 Alias.
Am I missing something?

Iceman_F1
04-28-2009, 03:18 PM
You have my parts listed above but I have everything listed according to the rules.
Krakor's Parts

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31740 (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31740)

Am I missing something?

If you want to get technical, I'd say, A) note not hand written, B) pictures are too small so, in some, you can't read the note, C) Exhaust has no note

Like he was saying...if they went EXACTLY by the rules, that would probably be why as the rule states
4) Every item listing for sale or for trade must have actual item photos and inclusion of hand-written note stating date and your handle name. An item must belong to and be in possession of the seller and the seller will be held responsible for the accuracy of the item described. Selling on behalf of someone else is not allowed.

He even listed his own FS thread as even he broke one of the rules (no note at all)

Jeff-TheBiz
04-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Am I missing something?

Pretty sure he was referring to the original thread that was fixed by meth, that had red x's

Um...Why can't you take pics of your suspension? Here is an example of how strict the civic site is. You HAVE to provide pics with your handle in order to keep the thread alive.

I am sure that if we had over 800 people on line at one time and 20+ sponsers as well as google ads all over our site then maybe the reigns would be much tighter.

If this discussion continues in the direction that it looks like, the rules and how they are enforced could change drastically.

I can see all classifieds sitting in PENDING APPROVAL before anything is posted. This is how it is handled on many of the money making giant forums in the states.

The guy has the springs, you know it, I know it.. everyone knows it.
He post a pic of the car they are on, and we all know it is his car.

Can we move on?

As for mods following the rules, my own thread has been closed in the past for missing info.. big deal..

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

Way off topic.... Anyone watch Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday.. Joan Rivers, what a mouth!

Pimpin_29y
04-28-2009, 03:42 PM

TM3 has a unique flavor, that many people have come to appreciate. The good with the bad.

That's great that you shared about the Civic Club but how they do things has NOTHING to do with us. We are NOT the Civic Club!

THAT IS THEM. THIS IS US!

Every club has their own unique guidelines and regulations. They all have their own chemistry and operate accordingly.

If you want to get technical, I'd say, A) note not hand written, B) pictures are too small so, in some, you can't read the note, C) Exhaust has no note

Like he was saying...if they went EXACTLY by the rules, that would probably be why as the rule states

He even listed his own FS thread as even he broke one of the rules (no note at all)

Ah yeah...was just about to reply but you beat me :)

As mentioned it's merely an example of how things are seen and often overlooked we understand that everyone is human...

This ain't the "Civic" club we don't lock everything if all the T's ain't crossed and i's dotted...

Dave_The_BMXER
04-28-2009, 03:43 PM
This is the only automotive forum I have ever been on where pics/username etc is required. So all this fuss seems very odd to me.

I do agree that mods should follow the same rules as everyone else but I've seen mods go crazy and be exiled from community before so again the mods on this forum are not fuss worthy.

Iceman_F1
04-28-2009, 03:48 PM
TM3 has a unique flavor, that many people have come to appreciate. The good with the bad.

That's great that you shared about the Civic Club but how they do things has NOTHING to do with us. We are NOT the Civic Club!

Every club has their own unique guidelines and regulations. They all have their own chemistry and operate accordingly.

As mentioned it's merely an example of how things are seen and often overlooked we understand that everyone is human...

This ain't the "Civic" club we don't lock everything if all the T's ain't crossed and i's dotted...

So if we were, then TECHNICALLY, wouldn't the actual CARS for sale be locked as well? As those don't have any note in them...though I think it would be amusing to see...someone buying/splicing a large board/banner just to write their handle on and putting it next to their car... :chuckle :pop

Pimpin_29y
04-28-2009, 03:50 PM
So if we were, then TECHNICALLY, wouldn't the actual CARS for sale be locked as well? As those don't have any note in them...though I think it would be amusing to see...someone buying/splicing a large board/banner just to write their handle on and putting it next to their car... :chuckle :pop

Good point! Should we lock that too now?? Give us a break ppl...

KenYork
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I think there should be a new section for cars...too many stickys, have to scroll down a page or two to get to the items for sale.

Aitch
04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I think people are getting their panties in a knot over nothing here. I understand why the rules are in place, and I also understand why often they are not strictly enforced. As anywhere, the rules really are buyer beware, and the forum and mods have a place in helping protect buyers as the mods are responsible for hosting the sale. However:

1) I would venture that 90% of the sales (outside of group buys) take place in person after something is posted to the forum. It is a minority where people send money and have the item shipped to them, so ensuring the seller does actually own the item becomes a moot point.

2) This whole thing erupted over one comment that Ami should have proper pics, where in this situation it is hard to take proper photos and it is generally accepted (and vouched for by other members) that he has the parts, and isn't going to scam anyone. IMO, this situation is an exception that should not be held to the stricter guidelines. As others have mentioned, we are a smaller forum where the members are more close-knit and not spread out geographically - it is simply not necessary to hold every sale to the strict guidelines.

3) Because Ami is a mod, it can be argued that he could and should adhere to the strict guidelines anyway. This is a valid point; however based on my opinion presented in (2) above, I don't think it applies in this situation. Ami qualified his reasons in the first post of his thread as well, indicating why he didn't have the proper photos.

Coles Notes: Not every sale should be held to the strictest guidelines to protect members, who should also always be vigilant when buying from someone they don't know, and the situation that started this thread was unique and should be excused from the photo requirement (but NOT because Ami is a moderator).

p-o-g-i
04-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I don't think there has every been an incident where a seller (from this board) scammed or cheated another member ... but I could be wrong.

However, I know there have been incidents where sellers were robbed !

We (as a community) need more seller protection :P

Yeah that was me.... I'm surprised you guys remembered.
It was back in '07 when I was selling a bunch of eyelids. I was meeting people (at Cooksville GO Station I think) who were interested in buying a set. Anyhow, as I would talk to some memebers, other's would come by and grab a set to try on their car. As time went on that evening, I noticed that I was missing sets. I came to the conclusion that there were people taking off with them.

Whatever..... I belieive in Karma 100%.

FLIPDADY
04-28-2009, 03:58 PM
^Couldn't have said that better myself Steve!

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 04:06 PM
For me it's the principle of the matter.

Mods should follow the rules that they developed. Just as we should. TM3 might not be the strictest forum on the net but the rules are there. If they were JUST guidelines there'd be no argument from me.

I'm not talking the Ami situation. I'm talking all situations where any rule isn't followed.

Aitch
04-28-2009, 04:21 PM
For me it's the principle of the matter.

Mods should follow the rules that they developed. Just as we should. TM3 might not be the strictest forum on the net but the rules are there. If they were JUST guidelines there'd be no argument from me.

I'm not talking the Ami situation. I'm talking all situations where any rule isn't followed.

And I completely understand where you're coming from. Its just that I believe in a smaller community such as this, the strict rules are not always necessary. And in Ami's case, he qualified why he was unable to follow the rules (without taking logistical and financial pains to do so). The rules, as they are followed now, could very well be called guidelines.

06Touring3
04-28-2009, 04:24 PM
The rules, as they are followed now, could very well be called guidelines.

I'd agree with that

Noisy Crow
04-28-2009, 04:35 PM
. The rules, as they are followed now, could very well be called guidelines.

I like that.

Much better than everyone getting their shorts in a knot over minutia.

Kevin@nextmod
04-28-2009, 04:37 PM

When did i say that we have to follow there rules? I simply pointed out an example as to how he can take pics from behind his car. The person took a pic of his suspension on his car did he? was it rocket science?

Like i'm not even pointing fingers at Ami (honestly) but simply take a pic of the suspension from the back and call it a day. I can post a pic of my car with my rims on right now and who knows if i already sold 2 days ago or not? Like if he can't really post a pic of his suspension, maybe try to post a pic of his car with his handle and date? Would that sound a little more fair?

cwp_sedan
04-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Good. Now lock 'er up!

Iceman_F1
04-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Good point! Should we lock that too now?? Give us a break ppl...

LOL...Don't get me wrong. I'm just pointing out that there are exceptions to the rule. I never said I was against it and we have to be 100% technical. It was more me being amused at the whole discussion in general as well as the idea of someone holding a big sign near their car to show their handle and date XD

Pimpin_29y
04-28-2009, 05:02 PM
When did i say that we have to follow there rules? I simply pointed out an example as to how he can take pics from behind his car. The person took a pic of his suspension on his car did he? was it rocket science?

Like i'm not even pointing fingers at Ami (honestly) but simply take a pic of the suspension from the back and call it a day. I can post a pic of my car with my rims on right now and who knows if i already sold 2 days ago or not? Like if he can't really post a pic of his suspension, maybe try to post a pic of his car with his handle and date? Would that sound a little more fair?

Try READING between the lines, I was trying to be polite but NO ONE CARES about WTF the Civic club does.

I am happy he knows how to use a camera. It's not rocket science but HERE we try not to be as ANAL to make members go take pics behind their cars. Stick there heads under their cars or hang banners over it...

IS it ANYWHERE where I suggested YOU said we had to follow their rules?? What they do there has nothing to do with us.

READ between the LINES. The T's and i's comment was a mere poke that WE are NOT them.

We are TM3. NOT Toronto Civics NO ONE cares what they do there.

FLIPDADY
04-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Alright children this is getting off topic and out of hand. Locking this thread up so we can discuss what has been posted here and make any changes to the current buy/sell rules.

:lock