PDA

View Full Version : Alignment question

aberg83
06-04-2009, 10:35 PM
How often should I get a 4 wheel alignment done? I had one done in January 14000km ago with my winters on. The car seems to pull to the right a little now. I just got new summers and don't want to cause premature wear. Time to get them aligned again?

Fuman
06-04-2009, 10:39 PM
first, double check your tire pressure.

your alignment should not change unless you hit something like a curb or a BIG-ASS pot hole

aberg83
06-04-2009, 10:46 PM
first, double check your tire pressure.

your alignment should not change unless you hit something like a curb or a BIG-ASS pot hole

I'll look into that but pressure should be okay since Allen @ simply just installed the tires last Sunday.

Fuman
06-04-2009, 10:50 PM
if you do end up needing an alignment, there is a sticky that has a list of places to do alignment (i think in the suspension/brakes section). There are a few not listed, so if you want more, feel free to search.
good luck!

Cosmo77
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Every set of tires will have different "pulls" to them, having an alignment on your snows may have se the car up to those tires. Your summers (or snows) may be at a differnt state of wear and thus change the toe settings and increase the thrust angle of the car.

If the steering wheel is off center, then get an alignment. No need wearing out a set of tires over $65-90 bucks

aberg83
06-15-2009, 03:44 PM
I thought the alignment was done with the wheels removed? Wouldn't it not matter what tires you are using?

Flagrum_3
06-15-2009, 04:51 PM
I thought the alignment was done with the wheels removed? Wouldn't it not matter what tires you are using?

Wheels are not removed for an alignment,...take Cosmo's advice, for the money spent it's well worth having the alignment done again...especially with new tires...Remember it doesn't take much to knock the alignment off, especially with our shitty winters and roads!!

_3