PDA

View Full Version : Ho to repair key scratches on door

Tazmaniandevil
07-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie on this very nice forum. I saw post regarding fixing pitts on paints and even scratches. This morning I had a nice surprise on my car. A "very intelligent person" (to be polite) took a key and scratched the front passenger fender, front passenger door and the rear passenger door. I'll try buffing it out, but I'm worried the one on my front fender is to deep!!!!:flaming

Did anyone tried to repair fix a scratch with touch up paint. Did it come out nice? A'm a little pissed...... GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Leave my nice car alone..... :flaming

Christ.

mazdabetty
07-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Awwww that sucksss :( People are dumb.... it's gonna keep happening, unless you park ridiculously far from the entrance in parking lots, like meee hahhahaha

I've tried to fix a scratch with the paint and it looks like hell... it works better on stone chips, but that's just my experience. If it's really buggin ya and you can't get it out yourself there are a few sponsors that might be able to help you out for a reasonable price.

Good luck!

cyberscorpi0
07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Try to post some pics. At least we'll have an idea if we can help for advice . . .

I'm with "mazdabetty'; I park my car far, far away.

M3-ZOOM
07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
my car got keyed too! :flaming I was so mad when i saw it...it sucks cause in order to have the best fix, you would have to repaint the entire part of where ever the scratch is. stupid :AH...

Tazmaniandevil
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
my car got keyed too! :flaming I was so mad when i saw it...it sucks cause in order to have the best fix, you would have to repaint the entire part of where ever the scratch is. stupid :AH...

Thanks guys for the pep talk.

Yesterday, I tried buffing it out. The ones on the doors are almost invisible. I'll retry to buff it again. But, I don't wan to go nuts cause I might burn through the clear coat. For the front fender, no such luck. I took an artist brush (really fine) and did a touch up. Looks awfull right now. I'll wait for it to harden and then I'll color sand it and buff it. With any luck, it should almost dissappear.

If I catch the little #$%@&?&*, I'll choke him..... (Being polite of course :chuckle)

This happened in front of my house. On the street. I also don't park near the entrances at the mall. Reason being: morons who open their doors to wide without even looking....

GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:flaming

I should have taken pictures before. But, when it will be all done, I'll take pictures circling the results.

Thanks again.

mazdabetty
07-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Reason being: morons who open their doors to wide without even looking....

AHHH!!!! I have the same problem with my neighbor. In fact I caught her this morning, WHILE I was sitting in my car, and watched her just swing open the door and let it fly!!!! JUST missed my mirror.... I don't have power windows so I couldn't get to the other side in time to reach over and slap her... lol

We need a thread dedicated to venting specifically about this. hahahha

Glad to hear you got the majority out, definitely don't buff too far down or it might end up looking worse if you screw up... sigh and welcome more bumps and bruises with open arms over the next few years, or you'll drive yourself crazy over every little scratch... the joys of having a car :(

Flagrum_3
07-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Damn!....Reading the thread title, I thought I'd find some pics of a curvaceous beauty working on your car. :whoa :chuckle

_3

mazdabetty
07-07-2009, 04:01 PM
hahahhaahaha

STeeLy
07-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Damn!....Reading the thread title, I thought I'd find some pics of a curvaceous beauty working on your car. :whoa :chuckle

_3

A scantily dressed woman detailing my car...

perhaps using such tools as the handjobber?

(God, I'm still horrible)