PDA

View Full Version : K&N Typhoon Intake vs. CP-E Nano Intake

hiyall19
07-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and would like to if anyone has any opinion on my issue...I'm in the process of ording an intake for my speed and I'm thinking of either getting the K&N typhoon SRI or the CP-E nano SRI. I life in Newfoundland Canada, where the weather can be a bit damp, so a CAI is out of the question...does anyone have any opinion on which would be better and why...I have read some reviews of both that state the the nano is really loud, whereas the typhoon is quiter but gives more of a power gain...does anyone have any experience with either...thanks

alhope34
07-17-2009, 06:10 AM
As long as both of them have an air straightener, you will be fine with either one. I'd just take whatever one is cheaper.

BTW, my mom is from Sydney. :)

CanadaGTO
07-17-2009, 09:23 AM
The Nano is quite a bit cheaper than the K&N. I have the Nano in stock also if you're interested.

Notorious MS3
07-17-2009, 09:42 AM
I love the cp-e nano, its a very high quality piece and it makes the car breath and sound so much better.

Nextmod
07-18-2009, 02:58 AM
if you are interested in the K&N Typhoon Intake, let me know thanks

Broxn
09-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Supershyguy - pm sent

Besides dollar difference, is there any signifcant difference in the two?
Thanks,
Greg

Woodman316
01-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Forum People say a CAI will void factory warrenty.

MSMitch
01-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Forum People say a CAI will void factory warrenty.

I have the CPe CAI and have taken my car to the delaership for a CEL that kept coming on - they kept blaming the CAI, but reset it etc without charging me - it happened a thrid time and THEN they found there was a real problem unrelated to the CAI that was causing it all along. Again, all fixed under warranty. Since then, no CEL's at all!

blankets3
01-09-2010, 07:35 PM
i have the K&N set up in short ram its pretty sweet u can hear the sucking sound so nice :drool

if u wanted to extend my maf wires to make it cai set up, i just need more wire and heat shrink right? im not over looking anything am i?

prime
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I just got K&N installed in CAI 5 days ago. It sounds great and noticeable improvement in throttle response. They only cut the plastic that attaches the MAF wires to the battery box and it reaches no problem.

On a side note I got a CEL for the first time ever. I left the car parked overnight outside without CEL but when I turned it on the next morning it was there. I drove the car for 4 mins or so hoping it would disappear but it didn't. I parked it again and left it for an hour or so and when I went back to turn the car on it was fine. Would anyone know of a particular reason or hunch for the cause? It was just parked; not being driven in heavy snow or rain.

prime
01-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I forgot to mention this is not for a MS3. I didn't realize which thread I was posting in :blush