PDA

View Full Version : A/C instal

jalarner
07-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Yup....I was dumb. :loco Lack of $$ at the time and being still in university I bought my 2009GX bare bones.

I'm thinking about getting a/c + Mazda rims, either 15" or 16".

My question is....anyone ever had A/C put in AFTER they bought the car? How much did it cost you from the dealer? I want to make sure the warranty is still valid, so I figure best for the dealer to put it in.

I've already sent out some emails, just waiting on responses.

I know rims from mazda are $$, so I'm loking to buy slightly used. Hard to find on craigslist....so...aiting for my 50 posts here to get buy and sell!

Jamie the :AH

seelsy
07-21-2009, 03:01 PM
we tried to do it for our company service vehicles, it costs thousands for ac, i think we got quoted 4500 from the dealer but it was so long ago, just call the dealer and find out

mazdabetty
07-21-2009, 03:12 PM
ahhhh!!!! Yeahhh that stinks... it already costs an extra $1000... ($2000?) buying new from a dealer, adding it in afterwards would be a beeotch...

I think you should get tints for now, and go through one winter and decide next year whether you still need AC or not... (I'm sure you will haha but the summer is almost over :( ) Who knows what your future plans will be, maybe you'll decide not to keep the car next year and will have wasted a good chunk of cash on AC for nothing :\ Just my opinion...

jalarner
07-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Thats what I was thinking...looking at tint places now. The gf's new Yaris might have to do if/when it gets a million degrees out.

TheMAN
07-21-2009, 03:55 PM
mazda never made any AC kits for the 3, so you are really SOL as far as upgrading... you'll have to figure out what parts you need such as the AC lines, the evaporator core, compressor, wiring, etc

oh and you'll need to pull the dashboard out to get to the evaporator

sorry, but you're better off trading the car in considering the labour involved in upgrading to AC

McGuyver_3
07-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah you are better off trading in and upgrading or if you are really hardcore about doing it your best bet would be to start calling up wreckers and peicing it all together.

Pereira11
07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
i think you had emailed us (Oakville Mazda), it is a very costly option since every piece required will have to be ordered individually, as previously mentioned. i think parts alone for just the main components were adding up to $3000 and thats before labour and any other smaller pieces required such as lines

aris
07-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Just take a loss on the car and trade it in..or just deal with it..:chuckle

Hope you learned a valuble leason...buy A/C...now when ever i buy anything i make sure it's got A/C or i don't even bother with it

Good luck with what ever you decide!

Thrizzl3
07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
my car doesn't have a/c but i have had my car over a year and im not complaining as i get more mileage compared to the cars with a/c. your decision:)

mazdabetty
07-27-2009, 02:28 PM
^^

This guy's car has EVERYTHING except a/c... can you believe it??? :chuckle

And by everything I mean the car even does his dishes for him/tucks him in at night. :whoa

Thrizzl3
07-27-2009, 04:35 PM
^^

This guy's car has EVERYTHING except a/c... can you believe it??? :chuckle

And by everything I mean the car even does this dishes for him/tucks him in at night. :whoa

i don't have a sunroof..!:chuckle

mazdabetty
07-27-2009, 04:39 PM
... I just realized I put a "t" in front of "his" and it's eating me up inside...

Well there you go, no sunroof and better mileage. Just pimp out your car like Phil and it won't matter so much anymore haha

Thrizzl3
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM
... I just realized I put a "t" in front of "his" and it's eating me up inside...

Well there you go, no sunroof and better mileage. Just pimp out your car like Phil and it won't matter so much anymore haha

wtf are you talking about??!!

mazdabetty
07-27-2009, 04:46 PM
And by everything I mean the car even does this dishes for him/tucks him in at night. :whoa
:(

Thrizzl3
07-27-2009, 04:48 PM

lmao! forgiven!

TheMAN
07-27-2009, 07:23 PM
my car doesn't have a/c but i have had my car over a year and im not complaining as i get more mileage compared to the cars with a/c. your decision:)
you realize people with AC get better gas mileage on the highway than people without right?

Thrizzl3
07-27-2009, 07:33 PM
you realize people with AC get better gas mileage on the highway than people without right?

550-600kms a tank on average for me. whats yours?

Zoom Zoom Boy
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM

Only if the people without A/C are driving with the windows down on the highway. If they keep the windows up, then they will get better gas mileage to those using A/C on the highway.

Jeff-TheBiz
07-28-2009, 03:21 PM

fixed. :)

mazdabetty
07-28-2009, 03:30 PM
aw, thanks Jeff. Now I can continue living in peace.

:P

JSI
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
With the way this summer and last have been I'd say you wouldn't need A/C that much. Am umbrella holder might be a better investment.

Jeremy

aris
07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
550-600kms a tank on average for me. whats yours?

ANd how many Literes are you puting in..last time you said you get 604 on msn you only get 35mpg when i calcutled it:chuckle

jalarner
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
About 550km this tank and I think I put in 45L today. Thats mixed driving.....will be way more when I go all out highway. Cool vents work for me....and soon to be tinted windows. Anyone had it done at Krown Lakeshore in Mississauga? Got my rims....just standard 'preferred package' ones from kijiji....$450.

ggn00b
08-05-2009, 01:52 AM
ohhh thats so brutal i feel sorry for you. I suggest you just sell the vehicle and get a new one if your gonna spend any kind of money to install ac your looking at easily over 3 grand for the whole system installed. It probably wouldn't even be worth it

Dave_The_BMXER
08-05-2009, 07:21 AM

I think that was myth busted. If I recall they were both really similar a/c on vs windows down.

TheMAN
08-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I'd like to see that comparison when you haul ass on the highway

Krazy
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
So it's true that it's efficient to use A/C on highway than windows down right? I heard cause there's grater resistance from wind.. with windows down.. it's less efficient. not by how much though.

mazdabetty
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
No way!! Guess I should use AC more often if it's true....

I'm really bad on my trips to TO, I always have the AC on and the windows down hahahha... I can never get the right temperature unless I have it like that :chuckle

Iceman_F1
08-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I think that was myth busted. If I recall they were both really similar a/c on vs windows down.

Under highway speed, windows down was better. At or over highway speed, A/C is better. Obviously driving style also affects things...same as what else might affect drag/wind resistance.

TheMAN
08-05-2009, 03:37 PM

I'm really bad on my trips to TO, I always have the AC on and the windows down hahahha... I can never get the right temperature unless I have it like that :chuckle
so turn the heater knob up, that's what it's for!

Karen Lee-McNair
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM

LOL! that's so funny, i do that too! I do it because A/C makes me nauseaus, (I think i may be allergic to freon), but sometimes you just need something cool - esp if it's really humid.

Chester_Lampwick
08-05-2009, 07:06 PM
LOL! that's so funny, i do that too! I do it because A/C makes me nauseaus, (I think i may be allergic to freon), but sometimes you just need something cool - esp if it's really humid.

Actually, you wouldn't come into contact with freon. It's a sealed system, and the cool air wouldn't have any freon in it. Unless of course you have a leak. Then you wouldn't have cold air for long.

STeeLy
08-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Lets put it this way. I'm driving on the highway at about 113km/h... I know it is not all accurate, I was getting about 5.1L/100KM (With fan speed at 1, windows up), my brother complained it was too hot so I turned on the AC (fan speed at 1 with full re-circulation), it jumped to 6.4L/100KM.

So for Phil's car, if he has his windows up and use the fan, he'll get better mileage than those of us with the window up and use AC...

as for AC an windows down comparison, I have no idea.

Dreamliner
08-08-2009, 09:58 AM
This is the dilema I face, windows open, sunroof open, or A/C?