PDA

View Full Version : Best places to get decent prices all-weather floor mats?

k-existence
08-05-2009, 02:14 PM
I dont want to spend $100+ for floormats.. so no to weather-tech no matter how amazing they are...:whoa

as for other options, where did you guys get your all-weather floor mats?
How much? I do want it to fit decently... OEM fit is good..

thanks.

philipfreire
08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Costco.

39.00 Set of 4 Michellin All Season Mats. Great Depth for trapping water. Works very well.

When on sale, even cheaper. at 29.00 as you can see (but dont expect that till next year)

Only downside, you require a membership. If you dont have one - You can come with me one day and pick it up for you.

Looks like this:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/89/michelinsaddlefloormatspl3.jpg

chinsterr
08-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Crappy Tire or Walmart . I got mine from crappy tire on sale ... can't remember how much I paid , but it was cheap.

If you want good quality stuff , NextMod is running a group buy for weathertech products.
edit* sorry , I just read that you DONT want weathertech stuff :P

k-existence
08-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Ohhh thanks for the photo!

I've started looking at universal ones but the fit seems REALLY OFF (i made a little template haha)

How well do these fit?

coreyhkh
08-09-2009, 10:52 PM
I looked everywhere I took my mates into the stores and nothing fits very good.

I just ordered some weather tech ones, they cost alot but worth it from all the reviews.

bman13
08-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Walmart FTW

k-existence
08-10-2009, 09:47 PM
I looked at the ones at wal-mart but their fit looked to be REALLY off from OEM fit

mzkaye729
08-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Costco.

39.00 Set of 4 Michellin All Season Mats. Great Depth for trapping water. Works very well.

When on sale, even cheaper. at 29.00 as you can see (but dont expect that till next year)

Only downside, you require a membership. If you dont have one - You can come with me one day and pick it up for you.

That's the same one I use ! But I got mine on clearance from CT in Markham ... $5 each mat ! :)

k-existence
08-11-2009, 10:43 AM
=O when did you get these on clearance? recently?
How do they fit?

mzkaye729
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
=O when did you get these on clearance? recently?
How do they fit?

Oh, I got them a few months ago when I first bought the car. Around late April to mid-May.

Fitment is OK. I find they're a little too wide... just a tiny bit though. But they are good mats and do what they're supposed to do. I was lucky I found a pair as they were all sprawled out on the floor :)

jsbola
08-12-2009, 12:35 PM
i got the same ones from costco. i took a sharp knife and cut the driver side mat to fit around the foot rest and trunk release, otherwise it just wouldnt sit properly. no complaints

k-existence
08-12-2009, 01:19 PM
i got the same ones from costco. i took a sharp knife and cut the driver side mat to fit around the foot rest and trunk release, otherwise it just wouldnt sit properly. no complaints

Yeah nothing seems to fit the footrest area...:whoa
so when you cut it, doesn't it still leak rain/slush in that area?

how do these Michellin ones compared to OEM all-weather mats?

Cardinal Fang
08-12-2009, 01:29 PM

If you get universal mats the odds are they will not fit perfectly. You save some money but you have to compromise on the fit. You can't have it both ways.

Yes it will. And the OEM all weather mats will do the same because they are very shallow. I've gone the universal floor mat route as well as the all weather OEM floor mats in the winter. I even went as far as putting down poly-sheet under the mats in the winter. I still got salt stains on my carpet and they are a bitch to clean. Paying the $135.00 for the weather-tech liners is a small price to pay for the trouble and effort I've had to put up with the last two winters.

jsbola
08-12-2009, 06:12 PM

how do these Michellin ones compared to OEM all-weather mats?

You will obviously get water on the foot rest since its exposed but the part of the mat that I cut was the thin portion, not the deep area that collects water. I did get a little staining this winter but not much, but I always shake the slush off my shoes before I get into the car and that helps.

bman13
08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
I was satisfied last winter with my pant savers from Walmart that were on sale right before winter but...that's me.

k-existence
08-12-2009, 09:51 PM
did you guys all CUT the mat to fit the foot rest part? or does someone have another solution of doing it?

towelsnap
08-17-2009, 09:52 AM
xs cargo kingston full set of 4 mats $20 taxes in lol

Pereira11
08-17-2009, 05:18 PM
OEM or weathertech, its worth the money to keep the salt stains off your carpet. the universal ones never seem to cover your carpet well even with the cutting

aris
08-17-2009, 08:04 PM
OEM or weathertech, its worth the money to keep the salt stains off your carpet. the universal ones never seem to cover your carpet well even with the cutting

+1

k-existence
08-23-2009, 09:45 PM
BLAH! i tried looking for the mats posted w/ the photos and no luck.
arg... there are these crazy michelin ones but its like 26.99 front... and then $26.99 back... =_= might as well get the weather-tech ones... then these HD950 but its still $50 for all four...

arg :complain

maybe i should get these $12.99 for all four mats!
http://tinyurl.com/lmrqjw

omalak
08-23-2009, 10:44 PM
BLAH! i tried looking for the mats posted w/ the photos and no luck.
arg... there are these crazy michelin ones but its like 26.99 front... and then $26.99 back... =_= might as well get the weather-tech ones... then these HD950 but its still $50 for all four...

arg :complain

maybe i should get these $12.99 for all four mats!
http://tinyurl.com/lmrqjw

Thats what i got last winter.. does the job, just be careful and dont go sticking your foot in the dead pedal area...

As long as you wipe your boots before getting in you should be ok ..

jjwhoa
09-02-2009, 11:18 AM
if you're looking for just a simple universal weather floor mats, costco has them for $30

k-existence
09-03-2009, 09:09 PM
if you're looking for just a simple universal weather floor mats, costco has them for $30

i don't have membershipppppppp booooo

undftd
09-05-2009, 01:42 AM
i don't have membershipppppppp booooo
wait for the Canadian Tire, Michelin mats to go on sale, those are better than the Costco ones, they hold much more water, although I'm not sure how well they fit in the Mazda 3 because I just had a set for my old Rav 4...

k-existence
09-05-2009, 09:43 AM
that what i am thinking maybe jus wait...
till boxing day lol hopefully it doesn't snow by then..
or i'll get those $12.99 from xcargo or wait for someone to sell their used OEM...

unless they sell mats at importfest lol

k-existence
09-25-2009, 08:30 PM
AH HAH! that day I have been waiting for has arrived... LOL

Michellin Car Mats SALE for $24.99 (Clear) or $29.99 (black, Grey or Tan)

The site only shows the clear which is $24.99 and the black or grey one is $29.99 (save $10) I tested the size/fit... and its really good. No cutting or anything.. even in the footrest. Its soft and flexible so it fits good enough (maybe not weathertech or OEM fit) even on the driver side (with the darn footrest).. only down side is the rear... its a little small for the back. But I recommend to anyone that doesn't want to TOO spend much for mats and pick it up this week!!

CLICK TO VIEW CLEAR MAT (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoAccessories/CarFloorMatsFront/PRDOVR~0312227P/Michelin%2BNon-slush%2B4-piece%2BFront%2BFloor%2BMat%2BSet.jsp)

CLICK TO VIEW BLACK MAT (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoAccessories/CarFloorMatsFront/PRDOVR~0312608P/4-piece%2BRubber%2BFloor%2BMat%2BSet.jsp)

I also tried these "sporty" mats... and they don't fit as well as the ones above BUT still okay and they look better so I think I am going to get them instead hehe (since im gonna get footwell LEDs)... They have the slanted square areas in the middle in different colors too like blue, red, grey, pink and black.

VIEW THIS MAT (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoAccessories/CarFloorMatsFront/PRDOVR~0312216P/Sportex%2B2-piece%2BFront%2BFloor%2BMat%2BSet.jsp)

Default User
09-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Has anyone driving a stick shift have any problems with the pedal catching the edge of the mat, or not press in all the way?

This is my first winter driving the car - but so far the clutch pedal catches and lifts the edge of my carpeted summer floor mats

Pyro
09-29-2009, 01:37 AM
AH HAH! that day I have been waiting for has arrived... LOL

Michellin Car Mats SALE for $24.99 (Clear) or $29.99 (black, Grey or Tan)

The site only shows the clear which is $24.99 and the black or grey one is $29.99 (save $10) I tested the size/fit... and its really good. No cutting or anything.. even in the footrest. Its soft and flexible so it fits good enough (maybe not weathertech or OEM fit) even on the driver side (with the darn footrest).. only down side is the rear... its a little small for the back. But I recommend to anyone that doesn't want to TOO spend much for mats and pick it up this week!!

CLICK TO VIEW CLEAR MAT (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoAccessories/CarFloorMatsFront/PRDOVR~0312227P/Michelin%2BNon-slush%2B4-piece%2BFront%2BFloor%2BMat%2BSet.jsp)

CLICK TO VIEW BLACK MAT (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoAccessories/CarFloorMatsFront/PRDOVR~0312608P/4-piece%2BRubber%2BFloor%2BMat%2BSet.jsp)

I also tried these "sporty" mats... and they don't fit as well as the ones above BUT still okay and they look better so I think I am going to get them instead hehe (since im gonna get footwell LEDs)... They have the slanted square areas in the middle in different colors too like blue, red, grey, pink and black.

VIEW THIS MAT (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoAccessories/CarFloorMatsFront/PRDOVR~0312216P/Sportex%2B2-piece%2BFront%2BFloor%2BMat%2BSet.jsp)

hey man, do ou have a picture of the fit? I bought michelin ones from costco but i think i have to cut them..if these ones fit well without cutting and can hold a decent amount of water i'll swing by and pick em up tomorrow
thanks

MRT_MS3
09-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Has anyone driving a stick shift have any problems with the pedal catching the edge of the mat, or not press in all the way?

This is my first winter driving the car - but so far the clutch pedal catches and lifts the edge of my carpeted summer floor mats

I got into a habbit of pulling my mats down everytime I get in the car. Its gonna happen unless you zip-tie or secure it from sliding up....

k-existence
09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
i don't have a photo... sorry.

just buy them and try out the fit. If you don't like it return it.
i have a sedan automatic and it fit well.. i don't think you need to cut anything with the Michellin ones. They are soft and flexible too. so they wrap nicely

undftd
10-01-2009, 10:51 PM
hey man, do ou have a picture of the fit? I bought michelin ones from costco but i think i have to cut them..if these ones fit well without cutting and can hold a decent amount of water i'll swing by and pick em up tomorrow
thanks
not sure how it fits, but I had the Canadian Tire Michelin mats in my old car and it holds water very well, definitely better than the Costco mats, about twice as deep