PDA

View Full Version : MS3/ATR: 1.05 maps (LC/FFS fixed for 09's)

Fobio
08-05-2009, 04:02 PM
NEW maps:

http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/mazda/AP-MAZ-002/MS3Maps.html

MSF Discussion:

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/mazdaspeed-3-6-cobb-access-tuner-race-support/34672-mazdaspeed-3-v-105-cobbs-site.html

Cobb's Forum Discussion:

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61048

:pop

EDIT: it appears that the 1.05's are just the 1.04's fixed for the '09 guys.

-cj-
08-31-2009, 12:38 AM
I finally got around to updating my AP today... I still haven't flashed the car because I've got a long drive tomorrow and don't want to deal with any weirdness... But one thing I noticed is that the AP crashes all the time, randomly... Like when I try to monitor sensors, it will monitor for a while and then the AP reboots. If I exit the monitor and sit in the menu system, it will also cause the AP to crash.

Is this because I haven't upgraded the ECU from 1.03 :chuckle ? I figure it is, but I've been having no trouble with 1.03 and I'm still on the fence about 1.05. (I don't plan on trying FFS/LC until all the bugs are worked out)

Fobio
09-02-2009, 01:28 PM
hey -cj-...if the AP is randomly rebooting, I'd chk the cables...and yeah, I'd upgrade the firmware on the AP AND the dongle.

no worries about 1.05...the only issue I have is a hesitation in 1st gear. Other than that, everything else is good.

Also, even if you run 1.05, you don't have to touch the LC/FFS stuff...your car will just drive like normal.

-cj-
09-02-2009, 01:47 PM
I upgraded the dongle and the AP... I think you're right, it must have been the cable. On the way home yesterday my boost gauge was showing stupid numbers (including 25 psi at one point while I was at partial throttle).. After cursing my wife's dad's name for breaking my waste gate while test driving my car earlier that day, I compared values with the AP (Which did not crash this time) and noticed that my boost gauge was on crack... Must need calibrating or something... But the AP didn't crash... Maybe I'll upgrade to 1.05 on the way home today.

How's the LC/FFS? I heard someone popped their motor?

Fobio
09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I haven't heard anyone popping from using LC/FFS, but LC/FFS are not the best things for the car anyway.

How the heck did your in law break your waste gate?!

3DEE
09-02-2009, 04:39 PM
hey Vincent, check your pm when you get a chance.

-cj-
09-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I haven't heard anyone popping from using LC/FFS, but LC/FFS are not the best things for the car anyway.

How the heck did your in law break your waste gate?!

I just starting assuming he did, since my boost was all over the place on the way home. For half the trip it was holding steady at 5-10 psi while I had the car on cruise control at 120km/h... I later compared boost values with the AP and noticed the gauge was in need of serious calibration ;) I don't normally let people drive my car, so I was looking for anything that was out of place with the car lol.

spd frk
09-03-2009, 02:09 PM
You should be showing a vacuum while crusing at highway speeds. Usually at 130 on cruise I see about 10inches mercury of vacuum.

I have been running LC and FFS for about 1 month now, including about 15 dragstrip passes and seem to have no adverse effects.

J

-cj-
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Yep, I'm definitely in vacuum territory. That's why I was surprised when my Prosport gauge showed 5psi. The AP showed vacuum. The prosport fixed itself next time I restarted the car...

I never installed the air filter thing on my prosport, I'm wondering if I should have....