PDA

View Full Version : Seperate sections for the different generations!

crono06
08-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Like the title says. I think we should have separate sections for the previous gen and the current gen. Meaning the mods sections and discussion sections, etc.

I think something similar to what My.IS has going on would be nice!

1flycdnM3
08-19-2009, 11:13 AM
I liked this setup when i was with TAC. However, to do that now on this forum might be a lot of work. We have different threads here relating to specific model years and merging/moving them would take quite a loooooooooong time. Not to mention, I have sort of gotten used to this format so it doesn't make much difference to me, good suggestion though. I still like that idea, just not sure if it is possible because of all the work needed to do this.

Unoriginalusername
08-19-2009, 11:54 AM
they really haven't changed much mechanically so i think we'll find that the 010's can use most of the same mods etc. that last generation uses and as such likely doesn't make sense to segregate the forum into old 3/new 3 old ms3/new ms3 etc. etc.

mazdabetty
08-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Why segregate? WE ARE ALLLL THE SAME!!!!! Winning Blue, Black mica, Copper red... no difference people... no difference.

:chuckle

Unoriginalusername
08-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Why segregate? WE ARE ALLLL THE SAME!!!!! Winning Blue, Black mica, Copper red... no difference people... no difference.

:chuckle

+1... even some of the larger international forums like msf try to create multiple regional sections/generations etc. and despite the larger userbase still have many sections that are virtually empty/stale etc. which is what i could see happening if we were to subdivide too many ways.

Many 010 owners might be previous gen owners and would still comment on discussions relating to the previous gen when questions are asked etc. so i think it benefits everyone keeping it all in the family

Zoom Zoom Boy
08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
You will only create an even larger division amongst the posters on here by seperating the sections. There is already too much old gen vs. new gen crap on these forums, of which, I have been guilty enough of too, albeit, in a completely joking manner.

I say leave it as is. Why not share the culmulative knowledge on here anyway. If you seperate the gen's, most people won't even bother to read posts in the other category.

However, I do vote to segregate Phil05X, but only cause he's black and likes fried chicken. :chuckle

She_Prime
08-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh lordy Tim, what are we going to do with you?

Unoriginalusername
08-19-2009, 02:29 PM
You will only create an even larger division amongst the posters on here by seperating the sections. There is already too much old gen vs. new gen crap on these forums, of which, I have been guilty enough of too, albeit, in a completely joking manner.

I say leave it as is. Why not share the culmulative knowledge on here anyway. If you seperate the gen's, most people won't even bother to read posts in the other category.

However, I do vote to segregate Phil05X, but only cause he's black and likes fried chicken. :chuckle

all who second that motion say aye

Thrizzl3
08-19-2009, 02:48 PM

watch when I see you tim..

Zoom Zoom Boy
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
watch when I see you tim..

LOL! It will be all cool man. I'll bring a bucket for ya. :)

Thrizzl3
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
LOL! It will be all cool man. I'll bring a bucket for ya. :)

that won't be necessary as i am eating a bucket of chicken right now..lmao!

anyway:OT

Zoom Zoom Boy
08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
that won't be necessary as i am eating a bucket of chicken right now..lmao!

anyway:OT

Why do I find getting a lecture on staying on topic by TM3's official post whore, so damn funny????!!! :AH

Thrizzl3
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Why do I find getting a lecture on staying on topic by TM3's official post whore, so damn funny????!!! :AH
Because it is..*licks fingers after finishing chicken drumstick*

crono06
08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm not black and I like friend chicken =[

McGuyver_3
08-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm not black and I like friend chicken =[

dont worry its an ongoing inside joke no need to take it seriously or see it as stereotypical

back on topic though
I think we should ust leave the forum as it is we are doing well new old who cares? The new car has had a face lift and a minor interior redesign but suspension wise and electronically pretty much the same as before

FLIPDADY
08-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Good suggestion but not necessary.

BTW, Phil I think I saw a feather growing on the back of your head bro.:chuckle

rab33
08-28-2009, 11:24 AM
I like the boards the way they are.

-RJ3-
08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
if your concerned about different gens.. just check the signatures of the members.. it will show their year.