PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Hatch - Creeks and squeeks

Ex-Rolla
10-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey guys,

Any 2010 owners out there experiencing a bunch of creeks coming from the dash area? I'm getting it on both the driver and passenger side. I have nothing in the door compartments or glovebox. It is beyond annoying as it happens when i go over every tiny little crack in the road. It's not even a single sound. It's a bunch of sounds all over the place. The interior noise in my 05 is like a Lexus compared to my 2010.

Anyone have any issues with the 2010? I am going to take it to the dealer, but thought i'd double check before i make an appointment. It is driving me insane!!!!

thanks!!!

edit... tried to fix the spelling in the title :blush

Son of Zartan
10-12-2009, 11:35 PM
if u dont get a chance to take it to the dealer straight away, fold a small piece of cardboard a few times. (like from a cereal box) and wedge it in wherever u hear the squeak. might be a temporary solution for your sanity until something more concrete can be done.

Ex-Rolla
10-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Thanks, will try the cardboard thing out, but it's going to be tough pinpointing where the noises are coming from.

It seems like every single screw in the dash area needs to be tightened. It gets worse the colder it is, so I can just imagine how bad it will be throughout the winter is a solution isn't found.

plontoc
10-13-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm not getting any noise from the front end, but the plastic/felt tray that covers the "trunk" area is driving me insane. I'm going to try padding the areas that touch plastic in the cargo area to see if it helps. Anyone else have this issue? A tried and proven fix maybe?

Broli
10-13-2009, 02:11 PM
i havent noticed that . . .but i will listen for it now . .

Broli
10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
update

went for a drive just now

didnt hear anything

CFX
10-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm not getting any noise from the front end, but the plastic/felt tray that covers the "trunk" area is driving me insane. I'm going to try padding the areas that touch plastic in the cargo area to see if it helps. Anyone else have this issue? A tried and proven fix maybe?

I'm hearing the same thing but it's an easy fix.
Purchasing some thin weather stripping tape (foam) from Rona/HomeDepot/etc., will solve the issue.

pacmann33
10-14-2009, 09:57 AM
I have no creeks and bangs yet, only 1600kms on it so far though...I only drive it on weekends, bonus to having a company vehicle to commute in!

plontoc
10-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm hearing the same thing but it's an easy fix.
Purchasing some thin weather stripping tape (foam) from Rona/HomeDepot/etc., will solve the issue.

I figured that would be the best method. Looks like I'm taking a trip to HD tomorrow.

pacmann33
10-14-2009, 10:13 PM
so....I finally HEARD IT!

the damn plastic hatch tray DOES squeak....it is annoying as hell...I also just noticed that my passenger side tweeter crackles like a mofo! I'm annoyed, I'm too lazy to bring it in...but when I'm driving it annoys the hell outta me with my iPod plugged in!

GRRR 2010 blues!

Mundek
11-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Hm... my 2010 GX hatch does not emit any unwanted sounds in the cabin and I have 11000 km on it.

plontoc
11-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Hm... my 2010 GX hatch does not emit any unwanted sounds in the cabin and I have 11000 km on it.

Looks like you one of the lucky ones then!

But now that you've posted that...you know whats gonna happen?

That's right....UNWANTED SOUNDS :chuckle

Honestly though...I envy you. As the weather gets colder, the creeks get louder.

Mundek
11-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Sorry to hear you have these efing creaks in the cabin. I know how annoying they are. I've had some cars where it drove me nuts too. However I must say I'm surprised that the new 3 has them. My 2006 Mazda5 that I've enjoyed for full 3 years had absolutely zero cabin creaks/squeaks. I realize that it's easy for my to give advice, but I think if you can not pin point the place/es you have no other choice than a visit to a dealership. And for them to rectify this ... what will they do? Take apart whole dash and re-assemble it again?

gfong
01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
omg, i am having similar issues today!!

somewhere on dash board or passenger side, i started hearing it on my new 2010 hatchback mazda 3 ... with only 1600 kms ...

what can i do?

DualSoul
01-27-2010, 02:18 AM
I think I've heard sounds from my 2010, but I've never been able to pinpoint them, and they happen once every couple of weeks, so it's more of an annoyance than a worry at the moment.

Flunk
01-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm not hearing anything at about 2600k on my 2010 GX Sport. Of course I'm used to driving American cars which squeak and groan at every turn.

Ex-Rolla
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I've got about 16000K on my car. I was at the dealership on friday. The tech came along for a drive and he heard it. Unfortunately I needed my car over the weekend so they didn't have enough time to get to that particular issue. I'm waiting for a cruise control module, so once that comes in, I'll take my car back and I'm sure they'll look after the noises from the dash/window/a-pillar area. It's tough leaving the car there because I do tonnes of driving, but at the same time I have no choice.

Zoom Zoom boy recommended a few things in the "rattles" thread in the mazdaspeed section (thanks zoom zoom boy) so I'll be sure to bring them up when I take it in.

I'll update this thread once the car is looked at and hopefully fixed :)

CFX
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
...noises from the dash/window/a-pillar area.

I'm hearing this too, driver's side. Not sure if it's because of the cold weather or what, but it's not a pleasant noise.

grex
03-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Im hearing it and i found that its coming from my guage cluster...kinda annoying and I find that it only happens after i hit a big pothole which seems to loosen things up

Mr. Scruples
03-27-2010, 12:39 AM
I started hearing creaks from what seems to be the dash area just this morning, which also happens to have been the coldest it's been since I bought my car..

There was a TSB issued for a VERY similar sounding problem on the MY2007-2008 cars, and I'm wondering if this might not be the same (or at least a related) issue..

More info on that problem can be found in this thread:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?28741-Windshield-Dash-Cowl-Rattle

Anyone have any thoughts?

floodgatez
03-27-2010, 12:53 AM
the driver seat is also creeking :(