PDA

View Full Version : Rain Guards

M3-ZOOM
11-08-2009, 09:56 PM
has anyone here have their aftermarket rain guards which are stuck with dbl sided tape have any issues with it? for example getting loose to being ripped off entirely while driving?

aris
11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
has anyone here have their aftermarket rain guards which are stuck with dbl sided tape have any issues with it? for example getting loose to being ripped off entirely while driving?

I had them on my truck for over 8 years and never had an issue with them coming off...on my car it's on been on for over a year..The 3m tape that is used is very good tape and you will not have any problems with it coming off..just make sure you clean the surface before intalling them

M3-ZOOM
11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
well the ones i am looking at are off a members car at m3f. he said that i will have to go and buy dbl sided tape myself. is ~$35 CDN a good deal for used rain guards? btw how hard is the install?

aris
11-08-2009, 10:20 PM
well the ones i am looking at are off a members car at m3f. he said that i will have to go and buy dbl sided tape myself. is ~$35 CDN a good deal for used rain guards? btw how hard is the install?

ya just go to ct and buy some 3M tape and intall the 3m tape on the inside of the visor..and intall on car....and they are very easy to intall.

Depending which one you got..i got the Auto vent shde ones and they go for around $60 to $70 depending where you buy it from..and it comes with the tape all ready to go..all you will have to do is peel the backing off the tape and intall...cause buying 3m tape is not cheap

M3-ZOOM
11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
hmm so that means im going to need alot of dbl sided tape. the tape that is used for rebadging the cars (3m exterior mounting tape) should be fine, correct?

aris
11-08-2009, 10:38 PM
hmm so that means im going to need alot of dbl sided tape. the tape that is used for rebadging the cars (3m exterior mounting tape) should be fine, correct?

yes that's the tape you will need...and you will need alot for all 4 windows

Good luck:)