PDA

View Full Version : Lend-A-Hand Thread: What can you offer?

JovianGhost
11-24-2009, 08:34 AM
I've decided to start this thread, simply because the original thread (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38243) has completely derailed, and the majority of posts now seem to discuss how to properly drive a manual transmission car.

So let's try this again: everyone can just post what they can offer, and if someone is interested in their services, they should PM them. That way it's much easier to find someone and the thread stays clean.

I also thing this thread is a great idea (mad props to the OP!) so maybe if this thread is more successful, it can get stickied.

I'll start.

I'm a computer nerd, so I can do any computer-related stuff. I know Windows, some Linux, but no Mac. I know software, and I can also do software development (i.e. write applications.)

I also know computer hardware-- repairs, upgrades, new installations, networking, etc.

bubba1983
11-24-2009, 09:24 AM
i don't mind break work and suspension work

stevenma188
11-24-2009, 09:33 AM
I can help with installing short shift, Intake, Sub (just did it myself, definitely not hard after you do it once), as well as general things like Brakes pads, Oil change, tire change etc.

I am also a complete computer nerd. Very good with hardware as well as general repairs, upgrades, overclocking, networking.

The catch is I live in London, and occasionally go to Guelph/Tri-City area on the weekends.

bubba1983
11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
my catch, i live in the tri cities lol

Darkfrosty7
11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I can help with anything paintball related retail, fixing etc. I can also install intakes, pretty comfortable with that and I have some experiance with vinyls. located mississauga

blankets3
11-24-2009, 03:18 PM
the main point of the original thread was so the mods could start a new area in the forums so ppl could just ask...

example:

new topic:
I need help installing a exhaust (hamilton)
body:
I need help, if any one doesnt mind
i have no tools and only 1 oem jack ...

can anyone help me install?

ppl just sugesting things they could help with will just derail again :\

taz4432
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I am also very technologically inclined and would be more than happy to help in that regard.

I have tons of tools/equipment but don't have a ton of hands on experience with car specific tasks (am very capable of doing other hands-on tasks). Willing to assist anyone with even mundane maintenance tasks just so that I can get more familiar with it all. Would love to help out with some of the more in-depth installs/items, particularly performance mods but also exterior/interior stuff as well.

I'm currently in Richmond Hill but will be back up in the tri-cities for school come January and will be back here probably every other weekend.

Darkfrosty7
11-25-2009, 02:18 AM
i say this is a good idea... mods? how about it, make a seperate section?

Cosmo77
11-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I can do anything

kevcol74
11-26-2009, 09:26 PM
I can do anything

Anything you can do, i can do better! :bana

MAZDA Kitten
11-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Not car related but I can definatley help out with any resume writing tips/questions. I love to edit resumes

She_Prime
11-26-2009, 11:39 PM
I can't certify anyone officially but I can teach basic entry level CPR- First Aid if needed/wanted (might be a good tool to know with children around)

Darkfrosty7
11-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Not car related but I can definatley help out with any resume writing tips/questions. I love to edit resumes

ah, i might need to write a resume soon too

blankets3
11-27-2009, 02:27 AM
I can't certify anyone officially but I can teach basic entry level CPR- First Aid if needed/wanted (might be a good tool to know with children around)

u just looking to get fresh with some members? :chuckle

She_Prime
11-27-2009, 04:34 PM
u just looking to get fresh with some members? :chuckle

Nope lol, I can easily borrow a CPR dummy from work for a day though

stormin84
11-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Can clear engine codes (CEL) and provide you with a description of the problem (mazda's only)
install intakes

live in the Tri-Cities area

PCLoadLetter
11-28-2009, 09:12 PM
- Web and graphic design.
- New computer builds and hardware upgrades.
- Access to lathe / bridgeport mill, can machine small parts.
- Can teach guitar.
- Music recording.

Hives
11-29-2009, 11:24 PM
- Web and graphic design.
- New computer builds and hardware upgrades.
- Access to lathe / bridgeport mill, can machine small parts.
- Can teach guitar.
- Music recording.

Hey man, are you pro with Microsoft Access?

Aceius
11-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Computer guy as well; PC/Mac/Linux, networking, electronics, programming, security systems(access control, cctv(cameras) - analog/digital).