PDA

View Full Version : ***GI: 04-09 Sedan CF eyelid***

blankets3
12-10-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=162547.0;topicseen

incase n e one was interested (last 1 kinda died op got banned for something lol)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/dial3lo3388/maz3dubai03.jpg

sorry wrong copy pasta!

cwp_sedan
12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm confused. You did say eyelids right? What's with the pic??

blankets3
12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm confused. You did say eyelids right? What's with the pic??

sry there we go!

S.F.W.
12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Nextmod already makes CF eyelids. I have a set, and I think Peter may even have some in stock.

blankets3
12-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Nextmod already makes CF eyelids. I have a set, and I think Peter may even have some in stock.

right but these are going to be a new design... not as thin much more agressive looking

S.F.W.
12-10-2009, 07:00 PM
right but these are going to be a new design... not as thin much more agressive looking

Fair enough, my worry about something thicker is the potential decrease in light output.

blankets3
12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Fair enough, my worry about something thicker is the potential decrease in light output.

that will prolly happen butwho cares ur car will look cool! :P

(srsly tho only ur high beam will be affected, they are trying to avoid messing with ur normal lights)

MPS
12-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Mat can make this with his new Carbon 3M

blankets3
12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Mat can make this with his new Carbon 3M

these wont be stickers...

MPS
12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
that i know
but the price will be better also

blankets3
12-10-2009, 07:59 PM
but its going to be something u have to rep than wouldn't price < quality

towelsnap
12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
but its going to be something u have to rep than wouldn't price < quality

he's (Matt) rocking the vinyl eyelids now... trust me... I've got the abs plastic .... fitment looks like ass.... as soon as these plastic ones fall off I'm going vinyl more of a "flush" look. You'd have to do a lot of fit test if going abs plastic to see regarding the light cut off if going a lot wider(don't want half your eyelid to light up caz it covers the light) ... If that made any sense gold star for me

But I do agree if we had the same eyelids as hatches that would kick ass... the one in the pic is vinyl

ricohman
12-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Illegal in SK. I didn't know these were allowed anywhere in Canada.

blankets3
12-10-2009, 08:30 PM
he's (Matt) rocking the vinyl eyelids now... trust me... I've got the abs plastic .... fitment looks like ass.... as soon as these plastic ones fall off I'm going vinyl more of a "flush" look. You'd have to do a lot of fit test if going abs plastic to see regarding the light cut off if going a lot wider(don't want half your eyelid to light up caz it covers the light) ... If that made any sense gold star for me

But I do agree if we had the same eyelids as hatches that would kick ass... the one in the pic is vinyl

the pic is what its being based off of.

if the fitment issue perfect than im not buying, obviously there are concerns like that --- but if they fit well than they would be better looking than vynal (imo) but to each his own.

cwp_sedan
12-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Illegal in SK. I didn't know these were allowed anywhere in Canada.

Why? Not all eyelids reduce the amount of visibility from the headlights.

ricohman
12-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Why? Not all eyelids reduce the amount of visibility from the headlights.

Can't cover any part of the headlight assembly. Just like those cheesey wire grille headlight cover were illegal so many years ago these are today.
But I am reffering to SK law.

mazdaskit
12-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Can't cover any part of the headlight assembly. Just like those cheesey wire grille headlight cover were illegal so many years ago these are today.
But I am reffering to SK law.

so if you need to drive though lol dont go though SK

towelsnap
12-11-2009, 10:24 PM
the pic is what its being based off of.

if the fitment issue perfect than im not buying, obviously there are concerns like that --- but if they fit well than they would be better looking than vynal (imo) but to each his own.

hey man do it up , you did highlighter winters they turned out aight if they look good with the eyelids.... I'll go with these ones any day (larger)

LuXuEuX
12-23-2009, 07:52 PM

Hey, you got a PM.

Just to clearify, ANY eyelid will block partial of the HIGH BEAM on our headlight housing. You can try turning on your high beam, and you will see that the light output of the highbeam will cover from top to bottom of the housing.

But I can gurantee that lowbeam won't be blocked or effected at all.
We're gaining interests right now and if we reach 30+ we keep on completing the prototype. The link to the original thread is here just to post it again :)

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=162547.0