PDA

View Full Version : CP-e "Full Control" Flash w/ Power "Wall" Remover

-cj-
01-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Have you guys been keeping track of the recent CPe developments? Apparently they cracked a part of the ECU that has been limiting our cars from making crazy power with aftermarket turbos. Doesn't really apply to most of us, but it's still cool because it looks like they've unlocked the platform. (Edit: 'Cracked the ECU' might be jumping the gun. I think their SB + flash bypasses/overwrites it or something... Just speculation at this point. CPe claims they'll be updating their blog soon...)

Apparently they improved Socks' AP-based tune by OVER 100 whp simply by switching him to the SB and the flash.... crazy.

I was very surprised in the way that CP-e called out Race Roots... Totally unexpected.

Here's the link:

Alright time to make some comments and I really hope they do not cause problems but I don't want any comparisons to Race Roots.

Please do not assossiate or compare us with race roots. The only reason their motor hasn't blown is because they are not making power or torque. I personally do not believe their dyno to be valid and real. I have real proof but will not go public. Our runfiles and muiltiple dynos will be posted.

Doing this on a stock block will NOT be supported by cp-e. If I put our tuning solution and flashes tuned PERFECTLY on the RR car the motor would vent a rod near instantly. This motor is not capable of making the power we are now able to make on a stock bottom end.

We brought seans car here and with a turbo 1/2 the size of the RR dyno made the same whp as what RR claims to have made yet did it at 19psi on pump gas, DI only, and no meth and he has LOWER compression than stock. Power begins at 3500 (400wtq hit at 3500rpms) and power holds on till redline. Our results are NOT able to be replicated by an AP. Like I have said multiple times - what we have found completely removes the limits this car has had in the passed. Sean tried EVERYTHING to make power with his AP. The best he was ever able to do was 355whp on a dynojet. That 355whp made 290whp on our dyno and we put down over 100whp and 100wtq over that. This motor will NOT stay running on a stock engine. RR may endorse that but when actually making power we don't. Sean's power under the curve is maintained from 3500rpms on. It does not make power between 5500 and 6500 only.

We are not RR's competition. We do not make turbo kits. We offered Brice our tuning solution but his business practices led to our companies not working together. His kit seems to be quality. The only issue is that an AP does not have access to areas in the ECU that need to be adjusted and as a result the car can not make this kind of power on it. If Brice is willing to blow his motor I would be more than happy to put this on his car just as I would with any other regular customers car.

Mazdaspeed Forums (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f330/socks-came-cp-e-46135/)

JamesDL
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Sucks that you cant just bolt on to get big power tho. Have to do a lot of work to get to Socks stage

-cj-
01-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah I agree... Although Race Roots claims you can slap on a big turbo and an aux fuel system and you're golden... They're pushing 4XX whp on the stock block. But CPe is calling BS... So we'll see.

-cj-
01-10-2010, 08:56 PM
They've updated their blog with details and dynos:

CP-e Blog (http://cp-e.com/blog/)