PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Removing Plastic Trim in Trunk

seelsy
01-21-2010, 03:11 PM
ive searched the net, and here but cant find the answer. Ive removed all 4 pins from that black plastic piece in the trunk where the latch is, but i cant get it to come off to get a good look at the taillights, are there clips, or a bolt im not seeing that i need to remove? When i pull, it doesnt budge and i dont want to break anything by hauling on it. I have an 09 gs sedan if that makes a difference?

zakman
01-23-2010, 12:01 AM
So ya all u do is remove the fasteners and then pull, with force strait up. thats all i have ever done and thats what the survice manual actually tells u. pull from the middle because that is where the major A and B clips and pins are. You are on the right idea just pull harder. best of luck!!

Noisy Crow
01-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Yup, pull straight up. FWIW, I broke clips on mine when I pulled it out :(

I would really suggest that you wait until summer to pull it out. The plastic clips will be more pliable and will be much more likely to flex with out breaking.

I don't think you need to pull it out all the way to get to the tail lights... you should be able to flex the sides enough to get at the pins holding the corner panels in place. (Haven't tried though). Again, easier to do when the plastic is warm and more pliable.

bubba1983
04-25-2010, 08:38 AM
grow some muscles...pull up hard

seelsy
04-25-2010, 09:07 AM
grow some muscles...pull up hard

thanks bubba but this was from january lol

bubba1983
04-25-2010, 09:56 AM
well shoot chalk that one up to my stupidity oops

Noisy Crow
04-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Well I did recommend waiting until warmer weather! And it's now warmer..........