PDA

View Full Version : WeatherTech Digital Fit vs All Weather

sip
01-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Which is better for all year driving: Digital Fit or All Weather front mats?

These are the negative comments (minority) I found in research:

Digital Fit:
- Material is flimsy. Slippery when wet.
- Doesn't fit well near driver side door leaving a little gap for dirt to get in.
- Lip on the dead pedal is too small

All Weather: Not a custom fit for Mazda 3.

Is Digital Fit worth the extra $55 over the All Weather?

Gizzmo_jr
01-23-2010, 10:50 AM

It still be worth if it was $100 difference. They can hold like a litre of water each. They also clean up really well and easily.

fini
01-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I had the all weather mats.

Although it wasn't "custom fit" they were more than adequate to keep the undercarpet clean and your pants dry.

In my opinion they are good value for money and backed by a lifetime warranty. The previous mats i had cracked and ripped. Presumably these wont do that and if they do, you get them replaced.

sip
01-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks

jurgenk
01-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Which is better for all year driving: Digital Fit or All Weather front mats?

These are the negative comments (minority) I found in research:

Digital Fit:
- Doesn't fit well near driver side door leaving a little gap for dirt to get in.

All Weather: Not a custom fit for Mazda 3.

I have had both... material on the WeatherTech's is not flimsy in the slightest and, in my mind, not particularly slippery (unless you were to put a conditioner on it which is not reccomended). Yes, there is a small gap but nothing more than you would expect and I have a Xenonexpert set of alumimum pedals and it covers approximately a third of that.

As to the all-weathers, I found the rubber nubs on them wore quite quickly and I found all the divots in them hard to get clean. I believe that the WeatherTech's are worth the money if you are choosing between the two...

Brad

jonjon72
01-23-2010, 05:11 PM
No way shape or form is the Digial Fits flimsy. These are by far the best mats I've owned in my 20+ years of driving. Easy to clean, keeps the salt and dirt off the carpets plus they look amazing.

sip
01-23-2010, 05:16 PM
I have had both... material on the WeatherTech's is not flimsy in the slightest and, in my mind, not particularly slippery (unless you were to put a conditioner on it which is not reccomended). Yes, there is a small gap but nothing more than you would expect and I have a Xenonexpert set of alumimum pedals and it covers approximately a third of that.

As to the all-weathers, I found the rubber nubs on them wore quite quickly and I found all the divots in them hard to get clean. I believe that the WeatherTech's are worth the money if you are choosing between the two...

Brad

Digital Fit floor liners and All Weather Mats are both made by WeatherTech. Were you referring to WeatherTech All Weather mats or some other all weather mats in your post above?

jurgenk
01-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Sorry, I thought you were referring to the OEM All-Weathers (which is what I was comparing the WeatherTechs to).

Brad

PEPSIGIXXER
12-02-2010, 12:17 PM
WEATHER TECH IS NOW MAKING A DIGITAL FIT FLOOR MAT FOR THE MAZDA 3'S SAW A SET LAST NIGHT AND THE LOOK NICE. THEY NEED THE MAZDASPEED LOGO THOUGH.

PEPSIGIXXER
12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
SORRY MAZDA LOGO ON THE WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS.

bman13
12-02-2010, 12:32 PM
No way shape or form is the Digial Fits flimsy. These are by far the best mats I've owned in my 20+ years of driving. Easy to clean, keeps the salt and dirt off the carpets plus they look amazing.
+1

WEATHER TECH IS NOW MAKING A DIGITAL FIT FLOOR MAT FOR THE MAZDA 3'S SAW A SET LAST NIGHT AND THE LOOK NICE. THEY NEED THE MAZDASPEED LOGO THOUGH.

SORRY MAZDA LOGO ON THE WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS.

^^ somebody either left caps on or is really excited.

They should/may have speed3 ones as they are available from the dealer as well now.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?48710-OEM-Mazda-Custom-Fit-Floor-Liners

Elusivellama
12-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Digital Fit:

Nope. Material is tough, slightly flexible but overall quite stiff. Just significantly thinner and lighter than the heavy rubber all-weather mats you see in Canadian Tire, yet stronger. Not at all slippery, I had the same concerns, but I've been using it in rain/snow/dry weather and no issues at all with slipping.

I have no issues with fitment of the mat, I do not see this huge gap that is mentioned.

As for the dead pedal, you can make your own. Go to Home Depot, carpet section, bullnose stair tread (black) and double-sded carpet tape. Cut to shape, it has a curled lip so it will slightly wrap around the dead pedal area. Stick the tape on the stair tread. Stick the stair tread on the dead pedal. Problem solved for $12.

gad84
12-03-2010, 06:24 PM
As for the dead pedal, you can make your own. Go to Home Depot, carpet section, bullnose stair tread (black) and double-sded carpet tape. Cut to shape, it has a curled lip so it will slightly wrap around the dead pedal area. Stick the tape on the stair tread. Stick the stair tread on the dead pedal. Problem solved for $12.

+1. I was thinking of doing it that way with my car. I ended up just picking up a $4 vinyl mat from Home Depot, mounting it where the dead pedal would of been mounted and then placing my Digital Fits on top to hold them in place. Seems to do the trick.

No word of lie, absolutely worth purchasing. Had shoes covered in mud, wash bucket and coffee spills. The carpet is still in good condition.

ovie8
12-03-2010, 07:42 PM
The digital fit is great for your carpet not so much for your pants...

It doesn't have grooves to hold the water...

zoso
12-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Just picked up for the front and was thinking of getting a small liner to place for the dead pedal and put it so it drians into the mat.

But my concern is the clutch. I have had mats before and have dug out the area under the clutch. Is this a problem with the Weather tech mats?

Elusivellama
12-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Just picked up for the front and was thinking of getting a small liner to place for the dead pedal and put it so it drians into the mat.

But my concern is the clutch. I have had mats before and have dug out the area under the clutch. Is this a problem with the Weather tech mats?

I don't see any problem with the clutch area, what do you mean by digging out the area?

zoso
12-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't see any problem with the clutch area, what do you mean by digging out the area?
Where my heel sits, i'v worn out a mat before

Elusivellama
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Oh I see, well, I think the weathertechs may be thinner and lighter but the material they use isn't as soft and pliable as rubber, therefore it should resist being worn through significantly better than rubber. It's more like a tough plastic liner than it is a 'rubber mat'...