PDA

View Full Version : Back online - Any issues please post here

S.F.W.
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
We are back online after making our changes. You will see a number of changes, and some will be an ongoing process.
One of the big changes is new styles. If you look in the bottom left corner of any page you will see a drop down box that lists a few different styles. Feel free to use the one you like.
If there are changes to any style you would like to see made, please let us know.

If you find any issues, please post in this thread.

I would like to thank Ryan, aka cwp_sedan for his work in creating the styles.

Hope everyone likes the changes!

stormin84
01-31-2010, 03:18 PM
i do not have a picture with the darkvision skin, photobucket has it removed

Soyabean
01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
i do not have a picture with the darkvision skin, photobucket has it removed

yea, on the top left it is not showing the pic for the darkvision

ST3ALTH
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
wow i love the new looks! good job guys!

PCLoadLetter
01-31-2010, 03:33 PM
TM3 Carbon FTW. Nice new look guys. Great work cwp.

Next update: homepage :)

stormin84
yea, on the top left it is not showing the pic for the darkvision

picture is now working

is anybody else having difficultly reading threads, i'm finding that the colour of the text is not the greatest

cwp_sedan
Please be patient with any issues as the new version of VB may have some glitches. We do appreciate any feedback as to any issues with the forum graphically or functionally.

Any dark skin will have some issues as I am not an expert with these templates and may have some legibility issues in some cases. Please point out any if possible and include a link for reference.

Thanks!

mazdabetty
01-31-2010, 03:35 PM
aww our visitor messages are gone :(

EDIT nevermind there's just a GIANT white gap..... what's up wit that

W_L89
01-31-2010, 03:36 PM
darkvision and carbon looks good but a lil hard on the eyes. default ftw for now

S.F.W.
01-31-2010, 03:36 PM
aww our visitor messages are gone :(

EDIT nevermind there's just a GIANT white gap..... what's up wit that

that's weird...let me see if I can do something about that..

stevenma188
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I seem to have lost the ability to edit my posts.

EDIT: Ah I guess I just can't edit anything I posted before the update (even though they were posted this morning).

CoolColombian
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Big thanks to the people involve, the forum looks GREAT!! The only thing I would sugest is for the "new posts" page to make the fonts on the thread tittle a lil bigger.

optiklenz13
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Big thanks to the people involve, the forum looks GREAT!! The only thing I would sugest is for the "new posts" page to make the fonts on the thread tittle a lil bigger.

Agree!! It looks good but the font size for the thread title should be bigger. I'm posting from my iPhone so I have yet to see it on my laptop.
But yeah, I find the thread title hard to find.

Stylus_MZ3
01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Damn the page is looking good.... Good Job!!! Five Star rating for you guys:star:star:star:star:star

cwp_sedan
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM

Agree!! It looks good but the font size for the thread title should be bigger. I'm posting from my iPhone so I have yet to see it on my laptop.
But yeah, I find the thread title hard to find.

That's really weird. It looks ok on my 24" screen but it looks retarded on my iPhone. I'm not sure if we can do anything with that but I'll look into it.

Gizzmo_jr
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
clicking on "go to first new post" doesn't. :(

CoolColombian
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Its not a big issue at all, I noticed it on my iPhone but like you said it looks much better on a pc screen.

bman13
01-31-2010, 04:45 PM
favicon is missing.

SpeedBaby
01-31-2010, 05:20 PM
i like the look and the new functionalities, however there's a couple (so far) things that I would personally like tweaked:

1. When i click on the "go to first unread post" button thingy in list forum view it takes me to the first post of the PAGE where my first unread post is located. i.e. if the new posts are located somewhere on page 2, it will take me to the first post on that page.

2. The forum links "New PostsPrivate MessagesFAQCalendarCommunity Forum Actions Quick Links" bar isn't as visible i guess as i would love it to be. i know that after some time i will get used to that, but a bigger font, or more contrasted links, or more stretched out link would be nice since they are the most used ones.

other than that i love it and THANKS!

bman13
01-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Any chance of making Carbon the default?....I'm not sure how many people have switched to it but if a non-member was to go to it, Carbon would be a sweet first look.

Also, I noticed when I logged out and logged back in, it did not stay with my preferred skin. It is a simple drop down switch but yeah, but assume it should stay with last/preferred skin.

S.F.W.
01-31-2010, 06:14 PM
i like the look and the new functionalities, however there's a couple (so far) things that I would personally like tweaked:

1. When i click on the "go to first unread post" button thingy in list forum view it takes me to the first post of the PAGE where my first unread post is located. i.e. if the new posts are located somewhere on page 2, it will take me to the first post on that page.

There is a fix for this coming with version 4.02 due later this week. There is temporary fix available, but I would rather not implement unless 4.02 is delayed beyond this week.

S.F.W.
01-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Any chance of making Carbon the default?....I'm not sure how many people have switched to it but if a non-member was to go to it, Carbon would be a sweet first look.

Also, I noticed when I logged out and logged back in, it did not stay with my preferred skin. It is a simple drop down switch but yeah, but assume it should stay with last/preferred skin.

We are still tweaking some of the skins. Once we are finished, we will put up a poll for desired default skin.

stevenma188
01-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Just one thing I noticed. In the top left corner of each post that symbol that indicates whether the post is new or not is difficult to tell if it's blue or white. Maybe making the blue darker or something would be nice.

Donutz
01-31-2010, 06:40 PM
I can't login from my blackberry. It says thanks for logging in and redirects me to the main page, but I don't actually get logged in.

kramr
01-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Don't seem to have the ability to look at posts made by me anymore. Don't know if this is because of the new look and everything prior to got wiped out or what! Just an observation as of yet....otherwise the site looks good!!

Default User
01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
What the hell?!?!?!
Since the new look - I've got no gas, lost a $20 bill outta my wallet, and ended up drinking 4 bottles of beer!
Y'guys gotta stop fackin with me

stormin84
01-31-2010, 08:03 PM
the search function doesn't work

it only work from after the new site, can't search for anything before the new upgrade

sp3GT
01-31-2010, 08:15 PM
It seems to me for PM's you can't quote what you said before or am I missing something?

Donutz
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
It seems to me for PM's you can't quote what you said before or am I missing something?

There is a quote feature, but you are right, I didn't see quotes automatically carry over to the quick reply box.

eqlso
01-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Is it possible to get the highlight over the thread popup back? I find it quite useful to get the first few sentences in a balloon window.

Kevin@nextmod
01-31-2010, 09:42 PM
I love the blackvision

S.F.W.
01-31-2010, 10:03 PM
the search function doesn't work

it only work from after the new site, can't search for anything before the new upgrade

Yes, I just found I need to rebuild the search tables. Hence the 11pm maintenance window I just announced.

S.F.W.
01-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Is it possible to get the highlight over the thread popup back? I find it quite useful to get the first few sentences in a balloon window.

This still works for me...

S.F.W.
01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
There is a quote feature, but you are right, I didn't see quotes automatically carry over to the quick reply box.

quotes were never part of quick reply, only in the full reply.

S.F.W.
01-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Don't seem to have the ability to look at posts made by me anymore. Don't know if this is because of the new look and everything prior to got wiped out or what! Just an observation as of yet....otherwise the site looks good!!

I'm hoping this will be cured when I rebuild the search index.

S.F.W.
02-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Search function is now working again! As is "view all posts by user", the old option for "view all threads by user" will be back later this week with VB 4.02.

S.F.W.
02-01-2010, 12:19 AM

if you hover your mouse over the thread title, you will get the first few lines.

SonicBoy
02-01-2010, 07:09 AM
When using the Darkvision skin, the prompts for User ID and password become hard to see once you start typing. (Font text is black on a grey background.)

Almost locked my ID out because I could not see what I was typing.

MistaChin
02-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Where is the blasted UserCP?
I like checking threads that only i've posted to, not every single new thread.

cwp_sedan
02-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Where is the blasted UserCP?
I like checking threads that only i've posted to, not every single new thread.

Click on a users name in a thread and a box will pop up. If you are looking for your own UserCP just click your user name up in the top right corner of the page.

MistaChin
02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Click on a users name in a thread and a box will pop up. If you are looking for your own UserCP just click your user name up in the top right corner of the page.

Cool, thanks.

With the old layout when I click UserCP I could see any new posts that have been made to my subscribed threads. With this new one I see every single thread I've ever subscribed to, even ones I've unsubscribed to from the old layout. I'm assuming I need to go through everything and unsubscribe?

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
^

Not sure if this is just my browser or if this is something more, but if you are doing a quick reply and the text will need to word-wrap, then you click go advanced, it shortens the text. As shown by MistaChin's above post (at least as it shows right now), it's like there is a barrier of how wide it goes for that one but not others...

Oh, and not a huge thing...but just weird...when you go to the advanced reply, the emoticons look weird squished/resized like that...

cwp_sedan
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
favicon is missing.

Fixed!

2. The forum links "New PostsPrivate MessagesFAQCalendarCommunity Forum Actions Quick Links" bar isn't as visible i guess as i would love it to be. i know that after some time i will get used to that, but a bigger font, or more contrasted links, or more stretched out link would be nice since they are the most used ones.

other than that i love it and THANKS!

I can fix the font size for sure. I'll increase it 1 pt and see how it is. I will see what else I can do to make it more legible. Unfortunately I can only do so much but I'll try to find a better solution.

Just one thing I noticed. In the top left corner of each post that symbol that indicates whether the post is new or not is difficult to tell if it's blue or white. Maybe making the blue darker or something would be nice.

I'll see what I can do. :)

Cool, thanks.

With the old layout when I click UserCP I could see any new posts that have been made to my subscribed threads. With this new one I see every single thread I've ever subscribed to, even ones I've unsubscribed to from the old layout. I'm assuming I need to go through everything and unsubscribe?

Not sure. I personally never look at my subscriptions. Maybe Ami can clarify?

^

Not sure if this is just my browser or if this is something more, but if you are doing a quick reply and the text will need to word-wrap, then you click go advanced, it shortens the text. As shown by MistaChin's above post (at least as it shows right now), it's like there is a barrier of how wide it goes for that one but not others...

Oh, and not a huge thing...but just weird...when you go to the advanced reply, the emoticons look weird squished/resized like that...

I think it's a VB issue itself. VBulletin.com even has the issue. It fixes itself if I edit the thread and re-save it. Hopefully it gets fixed in 4.0.2.

cwp_sedan
02-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Ok maybe not. I re-saved it. It fixes it. I refresh my browser, then it reverts back. :loco

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Ok maybe not. I re-saved it. It fixes it. I refresh my browser, then it reverts back. :loco

:chuckle

Not really too big a deal. Just weird that it happens. As long as the "go to new post" thing will eventually be fixed, I'll be happy.

eqlso
02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
if you hover your mouse over the thread title, you will get the first few lines.

Ah ok. Before you could just hover anywhere over the rectangle the thread is in and it would pop up. But this is still good. Thanks!

Donutz
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I can't open some links in the marketplace like Group Buys, or Garage16, PSI, etc.

cwp_sedan
02-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I can't open some links in the marketplace like Group Buys, or Garage16, PSI, etc.

Please include links to some of these. Anyone else having issues with any of these?

Donutz
02-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Please include links to some of these. Anyone else having issues with any of these?

I can't send you links because I can't actually open the links. If you navigate from the main forum (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/forum.php) try clicking on garage16 for example. In fact, the last active link from the marketplace is Exclusive Wheel and Tire; anything after that and my cursor doesn't turn into a finger.

However, if I click the most recent post in one of the marketplace subforums (I.e., http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?40954-Exhaust-GB-thread-HKS-Vibrant-Borla-Greddy-Magnaflow&p=562293) I can navigate the marketplace using the links at the top of the page. I hope that makes sense.

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I can't send you links because I can't actually open the links. If you navigate from the main forum (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/forum.php) try clicking on garage16 for example. In fact, the last active link from the marketplace is Exclusive Wheel and Tire; anything after that and my cursor doesn't turn into a finger.

However, if I click the most recent post in one of the marketplace subforums (I.e., http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?40954-Exhaust-GB-thread-HKS-Vibrant-Borla-Greddy-Magnaflow&p=562293) I can navigate the marketplace using the links at the top of the page. I hope that makes sense.

Not sure if it's related, but browser? I'm currently using Opera 10.10 and it works no issues for me.

cwp_sedan
02-01-2010, 12:25 PM

That is weird because I have no issues. I tried it in both Safari and Firefox on a mac. They also work on my iPhone. Are the links that don't work blue?

S.F.W.
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM

I just tried it in both Chrome and IE and can not replicate the issue.

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
I just tried on IE8 and FF 3.5.7 here at work, no issues. Works just as well as on Opera 10.10. Weird.

cwp_sedan
02-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Operator issue perhaps? :chuckle

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 12:35 PM
PEBKAC? :chuckle

Donutz
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
IE 6.0. I just wiped out the cache and it still happens. I'll see what happens when I get home. Definitely not operator issues; I'm apt at pressing links! :chuckle

S.F.W.
02-01-2010, 01:13 PM
IE 6.0. I just wiped out the cache and it still happens. I'll see what happens when I get home. Definitely not operator issues; I'm apt at pressing links! :chuckle

you are also two major ie revisions out of date. IE8 is the standard now, and you may need to upgrade your browser.

Donutz
02-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Bah! Ok. I'm at the office so I have no control over that, but I'll let them know. Thanks Ami!

sevsev
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
vb4 doesn't support ie6 very well, and within good reason, it's garbage! bitch at your IT guy

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
vb4 doesn't support ie6 very well, and within good reason, it's garbage! bitch at your IT guy

While I would normally say be nice to the IT guy (being one myself), I agree. Should really upgrade that ASAP. Probably not the best security wise...

mazdabetty
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Who even uses IE anymore????? wow....

optiklenz13
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Who even uses IE anymore????? wow....

we still do at work. LOL.

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
we still do at work. LOL.

+1

For development and such, I use IE at work. Personal and general browsing, I use Opera. Firefox on the rare occasion. Then again, I've done compatibility tests on all for web development we do here so it's justified :chuckle

eqlso
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm using IE 6.0 at work, and the links all work properly...

mazdabetty
02-01-2010, 02:55 PM
..you guys are so oldschool....

I bet your monitors are all still 800x600 :chuckle

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
..you guys are so oldschool....

I bet your monitors are all still 800x600 :chuckle

Not mine. Mine is 1400x1050 on my main monitor and my 2nd monitor is 1440x900 :pop

froggy
02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
when I hit " + reply to thread" it only gives me the quick reply box that I'm typing in right now not the old window. Also I'm having trouble logging in from the main screen it asks for only your user name and not password and when I type in my user name by itself it gives me an error. Right now I have to log in by going into a thread and hitting reply to a thread and it takes me into a login window that asks for both user name and Pwd

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 03:26 PM
when I hit " + reply to thread" it only gives me the quick reply box that I'm typing in right now not the old window. Also I'm having trouble logging in from the main screen it asks for only your user name and not password and when I type in my user name by itself it gives me an error. Right now I have to log in by going into a thread and hitting reply to a thread and it takes me into a login window that asks for both user name and Pwd

Well, easiest way is to just use the quick reply as it's always at the bottom anyways. But if you need the advanced, at the bottom right below the quick reply, there's a "go advanced" button that does it.

As for logging in, should be at the top left to have username & password. Shouldn't need a separate place for it. I'm looking at it now, and there is a box that says "username" with an empty box beside that. So you erase the "username" and put your username in there, in the other box, you put your password...

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
OH, in relation to the not going to latest post issue. Not sure if this also aware of or will be fixed with the update when it happens, but when I click on a link from the main page in the last post column. IE I just clicked the "Help finding 2010 bulb size" from the main page as that was the latest updated at the time of my refresh. It took me to the bottom of that current page. Yet there are 7 comments before that last one I hadn't read where before it used to go to the newest one I hadn't read.

Not sure if it's related to the subscription go to new post problem. Just putting it out there.

cwp_sedan
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
OH, in relation to the not going to latest post issue. Not sure if this also aware of or will be fixed with the update when it happens, but when I click on a link from the main page in the last post column. IE I just clicked the "Help finding 2010 bulb size" from the main page as that was the latest updated at the time of my refresh. It took me to the bottom of that current page. Yet there are 7 comments before that last one I hadn't read where before it used to go to the newest one I hadn't read.

Not sure if it's related to the subscription go to new post problem. Just putting it out there.

Are you sure you didn't click on this button next to the link by accident?

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/tm3_carbon/buttons/lastpost-right.png

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Are you sure you didn't click on this button next to the link by accident?

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/tm3_carbon/buttons/lastpost-right.png

100% sure. What I do for Opera is either right-click and do "Open in Background Tab" or Shift+Ctrl+Click (does the same thing, opens in the background tab). It's opening it to the last post. Just tested it again now. Never used to do this.

froggy
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Well, easiest way is to just use the quick reply as it's always at the bottom anyways. But if you need the advanced, at the bottom right below the quick reply, there's a "go advanced" button that does it.

As for logging in, should be at the top left to have username & password. Shouldn't need a separate place for it. I'm looking at it now, and there is a box that says "username" with an empty box beside that. So you erase the "username" and put your username in there, in the other box, you put your password...

ok so that User name box is actually a text box. the way it looks I didn't think you could modify it. Now I see.

also I hate quick reply is there a way to make it go to the advanced screen by default?

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
ok so that User name box is actually a text box. the way it looks I didn't think you could modify it. Now I see.

also I hate quick reply is there a way to make it go to the advanced screen by default?

Glad to be of help for login XD

For your second point, in a way, yes there is. In testing just now, it's a bit weird. Steps are as follows:

- Go to top right of forum and click "settings"
- On the left where it says "My Settings", scroll down and click on the "Forum settings"
- On this page, scroll down until you hit "Miscellaneous Options".
- Check "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"
- Save changes

What this will do is bring up the "advanced" reply when you click the reply at the bottom left. (The + Reply to Thread)

HOWEVER! If you click "Quote" it still puts the quote in the quick reply and you have to go advanced from there. Just looked, multi-quote is working the same way with this.

Not sure if there's a change the mods can do to change this, but it gives part of it back!

Now time for me to switch back to the quick reply as I prefer that method myself :chuckle

froggy
02-01-2010, 04:53 PM
thanks a bunch

It's still going to take some time to get used to the interface here

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
thanks a bunch

It's still going to take some time to get used to the interface here

Yeah, I'm bored...so semi-fun for me to find weird things with new interfaces and dig down in settings to try and help...part of my job at work anyways so I'm used to it XD

I agree. But that's with anything new. Always takes time to get used to it.

froggy
02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
ok this is upsetting me, I've already changed to the wysiwyg setting on the reply thread option and it still just sends me to the quick reply!

Iceman_F1
02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
ok this is upsetting me, I've already changed to the wysiwyg setting on the reply thread option and it still just sends me to the quick reply!

So you set it to enhanced?

Cause if so, then when you click + Reply to Thread, it should go to advanced. It's doing that for me. But when you click "reply" or "reply with quote", I think it still only does quick reply.

stormin84
02-01-2010, 07:18 PM

does it for me also...

Donutz
02-01-2010, 08:11 PM

Well, no issues from home!

froggy
02-01-2010, 08:35 PM
nope still doing the same, I'm running the latest version of firefox if it makes any difference

sp3GT
02-01-2010, 09:51 PM
I have WAP on my phone (not smartphone) before I could always log in no problem and had the Remember be feature saved. I tried multiple times today it shows me the welcome and please wait to be re-directed.

Once I'm re-directed I'm still not logged in?

mazdabetty
02-01-2010, 10:35 PM
That giant white gap is back again above visitor messages :(

eqlso
02-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Is it possible to get the FS (or other) icons when you check the new posts?

SpeedBaby
02-01-2010, 11:46 PM
oh one more thing: is there a chance to get the "quick links" menu under the "what's new" tab as well? It would make things a lot more convenient as i like to switch between the general new posts view and the subscribed threads view...

Nextmod
02-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Good job guys, looks pro =)

S.F.W.
02-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I have WAP on my phone (not smartphone) before I could always log in no problem and had the Remember be feature saved. I tried multiple times today it shows me the welcome and please wait to be re-directed.

Once I'm re-directed I'm still not logged in?

try logging in and going to your pom box. When I did that, I found a check box to remember my login and password.

aris
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Mine keeps going to quick reply..and i have no more icons

S.F.W.
02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Mine keeps going to quick reply..and i have no more icons

Two step solution. First click reply, then click go advanced. This should give you the "advanced reply" you have used previously.

S.F.W.
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Is it possible to get the FS (or other) icons when you check the new posts?

yes, I will fix this over the next few days.

aris
02-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Two step solution. First click reply, then click go advanced. This should give you the "advanced reply" you have used previously.

Thanks..Ami

cwp_sedan
02-02-2010, 11:27 AM

I also found if you just hit reply twice in a row it will open up the "advanced reply" window.

S.F.W.
02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I also found if you just hit reply twice in a row it will open up the "advanced reply" window.

good tip. We should probably put together an FAQ...

sp3GT
02-02-2010, 06:35 PM
try logging in and going to your pom box. When I did that, I found a check box to remember my login and password.

I tried again today, it now works! But on my screen now the avatar & member name section is huge, I can barely read threads.

Is there a way to reduce for me?

S.F.W.
02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I tried again today, it now works! But on my screen now the avatar & member name section is huge, I can barely read threads.

Is there a way to reduce for me?

the avatar and member name should only be a small column on the left of your screen. There is no way for me to edit this.

Donutz
02-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I haven't read through all of the pages on this thread, but has anyone reported that when sending a PM it appears there is no type-ahead feature when entering the recipients name? On the old forum format I used to start typing a name and a list would of names would appear on a pop up menu.

S.F.W.
02-03-2010, 11:51 PM
I haven't read through all of the pages on this thread, but has anyone reported that when sending a PM it appears there is no type-ahead feature when entering the recipients name? On the old forum format I used to start typing a name and a list would of names would appear on a pop up menu.

I noticed this as well, am still researching the solution.

S.F.W.
02-03-2010, 11:54 PM

confirmed it is indeed a bug, and has been resolved in the newest update. Unfortunately we will not have that update for another week.

Patience is appreciated.

McGuyver_3
02-04-2010, 02:00 AM
sites looking good and futuristic i like it lol

Iceman_F1
02-04-2010, 06:45 AM
confirmed it is indeed a bug, and has been resolved in the newest update. Unfortunately we will not have that update for another week.

Patience is appreciated.

Would this same update fix the issues of not going to the newest post when clicking on a subscription link in the email? Cause that, and the one where if you click on a thread in the main page that's listed in the "last post" column, it's like clicking the "go to last post"...before it wouldn't do this...

cwp_sedan
02-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Would this same update fix the issues of not going to the newest post when clicking on a subscription link in the email? Cause that, and the one where if you click on a thread in the main page that's listed in the "last post" column, it's like clicking the "go to last post"...before it wouldn't do this...

I've put a fix in place for the "first new post button" so hopefully it works and is good enough for people for the time being until the update. That issue WILL be fixed with the next update. Let me know if it fixes the subscription problem or not. Again, we may have to wait for the update to come first, and then find out what is still broken.

Iceman_F1
02-04-2010, 07:25 AM
I've put a fix in place for the "first new post button" so hopefully it works and is good enough for people for the time being until the update. That issue WILL be fixed with the next update. Let me know if it fixes the subscription problem or not. Again, we may have to wait for the update to come first, and then find out what is still broken.

Found the button...and it DOES work...at least probably for the subscriptions (no more to test with right now). However, this method wouldn't work for the other issue of clicking on the thread title from the "last post" on the main page and going to the last post. Never used to do it. To do it with that button would mean clicking the link, going to the top of the page, and then clicking the button. Might get slightly annoying :chuckle

Don't mean to be so picky...but it's just small stuff like that which I use every day that I got used to.

Iceman_F1
02-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Ok...maybe I'm going a bit crazy...but when I just clicked on the 2 new emails from subscribed threads, it went to the newest post...is it magically working now?

cwp_sedan
02-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Ok...maybe I'm going a bit crazy...but when I just clicked on the 2 new emails from subscribed threads, it went to the newest post...is it magically working now?

Maybe. :)

Iceman_F1
02-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Maybe. :)

LOL...Nice...so 1 down...1 more to try and fix :D

cwp_sedan
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
The weird text breaks will also be fixed in the next update. :)

EDIT: Actually, I think I've temporarily fixed the line breaks as well. Enjoy. :)

optiklenz13
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
not sure if this has been covered.

but if you're at the main page of the forum, when you try to hover your mouse to one of the child links, the links are dead.

example:

if i want to go to classifieds, and click directly to the current deals, I have to click the Classifieds first before I can go to current deals. It won't work directly.

S.F.W.
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
not sure if this has been covered.

but if you're at the main page of the forum, when you try to hover your mouse to one of the child links, the links are dead.

example:

if i want to go to classifieds, and click directly to the current deals, I have to click the Classifieds first before I can go to current deals. It won't work directly.

I just tested it, and can't replicate..the links work fine for me...

optiklenz13
02-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I just tested it, and can't replicate..the links work fine for me...

nevermind, I think I know now, it's my browser at work. Firefox works fine at home..

Iceman_F1
02-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Oh, new thing that's different from before. When you clicked on the post number, it used to open in a new window only showing that post. Now, it just adds it to the link at the top so if you link someone, it skips to that post but the rest of the thread is there...

cwp_sedan
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh, new thing that's different from before. When you clicked on the post number, it used to open in a new window only showing that post. Now, it just adds it to the link at the top so if you link someone, it skips to that post but the rest of the thread is there...

Yeah they changed that for VB4. Personally I think it works better this way. Most people read from where it takes you and continue down anyway. If you need to, you could always quote it.

Iceman_F1
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah they changed that for VB4. Personally I think it works better this way. Most people read from where it takes you and continue down anyway. If you need to, you could always quote it.

But when wanting to show people just the one post on a thread, and not want the rest of it to load, it worked better the other way. IE showing friends or people not on the forums something funny/interesting but no need to see the rest of the thread.

Just different I guess.

cwp_sedan
02-05-2010, 11:40 AM
But when wanting to show people just the one post on a thread, and not want the rest of it to load, it worked better the other way. IE showing friends or people not on the forums something funny/interesting but no need to see the rest of the thread.

Just different I guess.

I suppose. Quoting works just as well though.

Iceman_F1
02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I suppose. Quoting works just as well though.

If it was just text, I do. But if say, in an image post, there was 1 I wanted to point out but didn't need all the pics in the whole thread to load, I could quote that one post in the old way and not overload the person with images.

Not a huge deal. This is one I can get used to. Just something else I noticed!

cwp_sedan
02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
If it was just text, I do. But if say, in an image post, there was 1 I wanted to point out but didn't need all the pics in the whole thread to load, I could quote that one post in the old way and not overload the person with images.

Not a huge deal. This is one I can get used to. Just something else I noticed!

For sure. I've looked to see if I can change it at all but I haven't found anything yet.

S.F.W.
02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
For sure. I've looked to see if I can change it at all but I haven't found anything yet.

I think I have a hack/work around for this bookmarked at home. Will check later.

cwp_sedan
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
I think I have a hack/work around for this bookmarked at home. Will check later.

Ok. I thought I found something but I think the code changed from 3.8 to 4.

cwp_sedan
02-05-2010, 12:07 PM
The "Quote Post Button" is also not working correctly. This is being looked into by VB.

Iceman_F1
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM
The "Quote Post Button" is also not working correctly. This is being looked into by VB.

No? What's wrong with it? I've so far had no issues...

cwp_sedan
02-05-2010, 12:16 PM
No? What's wrong with it? I've so far had no issues...

Sorry, the "Quote - view original post" button. when you hit it, it takes you to the start of the thread, not the original post.

BMWWW
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I didn't filter through the entire thread, but I dislike the new search-- its not as versatile nor as intuitive as the old one (standard of most forums). I'm still trying to figure out how to search for posts by a specific person.

I would like to old skin back as well... and the old icons.

I'm old schoool. :)

BMWWW
02-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I also got an email that a subscription was updated, which wasn't--and the link was to this:

abcdefg

Which wasn't quite this board, as I wasn't logged in via this link.

S.F.W.
02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I also got an email that a subscription was updated, which wasn't--and the link was to this:

abcdefg

Which wasn't quite this board, as I wasn't logged in via this link.

haha, that's our test site...will have to go and disable all notifications.

cwp_sedan
02-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I didn't filter through the entire thread, but I dislike the new search-- its not as versatile nor as intuitive as the old one (standard of most forums). I'm still trying to figure out how to search for posts by a specific person.

I would like to old skin back as well... and the old icons.

I'm old schoool. :)

Be patient. There is an upgrade coming soon that will correct a lot of stuff. We may also be able to add additional features to make things better for everyone. As for the look, some of that may change as well. The format will stay the same but hopefully things will be more appealing to the eye.

Oooops! That's what I get for replying test to random threads over there lol.

optiklenz13
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
how do you search now for threads created by a specific user? If I go to my profile, I can only see an option to find posts, no threads created, there used to be one.

S.F.W.
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
how do you search now for threads created by a specific user? If I go to my profile, I can only see an option to find posts, no threads created, there used to be one.
that function is missing in current version, will be back in 4.02 this time next week.

optiklenz13
02-05-2010, 04:58 PM
thanks Ami, sorry if it has been covered already.

Iceman_F1
02-05-2010, 06:50 PM

Quick thing for now...top left -> click on "advanced search" -> click on "Search by Type" -> You should now see a dropdown next to the username search field and you can do "find threads started by user". Sadly, it doesn't pickup the usernames as you type like it used to...but other than that, it works...

stormin84
02-06-2010, 06:44 PM
don't know if its been covered before but the version on my blackberry is messed up.

if I've subscribed to a thread and i click the link from the email it won't go to the the last page of the thread/what the person posted, it brings me to a post that is from 3 weeks ago. Also the page numbers are all messed up/all over the place.

stevenma188
02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
1. There is no longer the ability to see all the threads started by someone is no longer there
2. For new posts, there is no longer the feature that shows you where ones were new posts since the last visit.

I liked those features and if possible would like them back.

Iceman_F1
02-07-2010, 08:15 PM
1. There is no longer the ability to see all the threads started by someone is no longer there
2. For new posts, there is no longer the feature that shows you where ones were new posts since the last visit.

I liked those features and if possible would like them back.

For #1, there isn't a quick link like there was, but you can still do that...I said a few posts up, but here's the quote anyways...

Quick thing for now...top left -> click on "advanced search" -> click on "Search by Type" -> You should now see a dropdown next to the username search field and you can do "find threads started by user". Sadly, it doesn't pickup the usernames as you type like it used to...but other than that, it works...

DumpInfo
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't see the option that shows all the threads created by a member under there profile.

stevenma188
02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
^ Ya that is what I meant.

cwp_sedan
02-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Read further back in this thread. That is coming when the next update comes, which is next week.

stevenma188
02-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Sweet. Looking forward to it.

mazdabetty
02-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Hmmm is anyone else getting this? Or is this one of those bugs that will be worked out later this week? These issues only seem to happen on my home computer (PC) but is fine on my Mac at work :\ Weirdddd!!!

1. When I hit "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" the screen looks like this... everything is pushed to the right of the screen. I have to hit "Reply with Quote" twice quickly to make it work...
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1255/weirdscrn1.jpg

2. My profile page still has this giant white gap :( I have to scroll down for a while to actually see my visitor messages...
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1874/weirdscrn2.jpg

cwp_sedan
02-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Hmmm is anyone else getting this? Or is this one of those bugs that will be worked out later this week? These issues only seem to happen on my home computer (PC) but is fine on my Mac at work :\ Weirdddd!!!

1. When I hit "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" the screen looks like this... everything is pushed to the right of the screen. I have to hit "Reply with Quote" twice quickly to make it work...[/IMG]

2. My profile page still has this giant white gap :( I have to scroll down for a while to actually see my visitor messages...

I think it's just you. :chuckle

What browser are you using? Have you tried alternate browsers on the PC?

DumpInfo
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Read further back in this thread. That is coming when the next update comes, which is next week.

Perfect thanks dude!

Iceman_F1
02-09-2010, 09:55 AM
You guys working on the 2nd issue I had with clicking on the "last post" on the main page going to the last post instead of how it was before where it went to the first unread of that thread? Cause I'm testing out google chrome and was messing around...and it's working there. But Opera (main browser I use) isn't fully working...but it seems it's partially doing it. The one I tested with was 1 post off...but then trying again now, still going to last post.

Tested with all browsers I have at work...

Opera (10.10 build 1893) - not work
Google Chrome (4.0.249.78 (36714)) - works
IE (8.0.6001.18702) - works
Firefox (3.5.7) - works

This is very weird...Opera is the main browser I use so would be nice if it could work...but the fact it works for other browsers...it's weird.

OH, and semi-minor as I don't use it, but looking at Dark Vision...the username/password options at the top are all blacked out. IE blacked out textbox with black text...IE you can't see what you are typing in lol. If you are looking at it PERFECTLY STRAIGHT, you CAN see it...barely. But being at an angle, I see nothing...all other places to type in text for that theme seem ok for the brief test I did. Just saying :D

mazdabetty
02-09-2010, 10:03 AM
I think it's just you. :chuckle

What browser are you using? Have you tried alternate browsers on the PC?

aww :( I'm using Firefox! And I don't use any other browser on my PC... so weird

Iceman_F1
02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
aww :( I'm using Firefox! And I don't use any other browser on my PC... so weird

Weird...I tried in all browsers at work, no issues. Unless you have something installed on your computer that is somehow messing around with it...maybe try re-installing firefox?

mazdabetty
02-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Weird...I tried in all browsers at work, no issues. Unless you have something installed on your computer that is somehow messing around with it...maybe try re-installing firefox?

nooo it wouldn't be anything installed that's messing with it... I suppose I could try re-installing it when I get home.

Bah... this is just giving me more reason to buy a mac. hahaha, Ryan I know you designed it to work perfect specifically for MAC USERS ONLY :chuckle

stevenma188
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Google Chrome FTW!

Iceman_F1
02-09-2010, 10:19 AM
nooo it wouldn't be anything installed that's messing with it... I suppose I could try re-installing it when I get home.

Bah... this is just giving me more reason to buy a mac. hahaha, Ryan I know you designed it to work perfect specifically for MAC USERS ONLY :chuckle

LOL...I'm PC only right now (used to have a mac) and like I said, no issues with what you're having. As for my other issues, probably just browser issue if anything lol

Google Chrome FTW!

It is very minimal but not bad. I still prefer Opera as it's what I'm used to.

cwp_sedan
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
You guys working on the 2nd issue I had with clicking on the "last post" on the main page going to the last post instead of how it was before where it went to the first unread of that thread? Cause I'm testing out google chrome and was messing around...and it's working there. But Opera (main browser I use) isn't fully working...but it seems it's partially doing it. The one I tested with was 1 post off...but then trying again now, still going to last post.

Tested with all browsers I have at work...

Opera (10.10 build 1893) - not work
Google Chrome (4.0.249.78 (36714)) - works
IE (8.0.6001.18702) - works
Firefox (3.5.7) - works

This is very weird...Opera is the main browser I use so would be nice if it could work...but the fact it works for other browsers...it's weird.

OH, and semi-minor as I don't use it, but looking at Dark Vision...the username/password options at the top are all blacked out. IE blacked out textbox with black text...IE you can't see what you are typing in lol. If you are looking at it PERFECTLY STRAIGHT, you CAN see it...barely. But being at an angle, I see nothing...all other places to type in text for that theme seem ok for the brief test I did. Just saying :D

Yeah not sure what's happening with that. Try waiting until we update to 4.0.2 and see if anything has been corrected. VB developers are pushing forward to have a lot of bugs fixed for the next update.

The DarkVision template is just a preformed template that someone else created. I tried to make a black one but was having issues with the colours. Eventually I may go back to it when I have time to fix it. I will look into it later on though.

:chuckle you saw right through my plan.

Unfortunately most of the problems people are having are forum software issues and we may not be able to fix some of them right away. Others though we will or can.

Soon we will be making a chart with ongoing issues and if/when they can be fixed. This way we can stay on top of things.

Iceman_F1
02-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah not sure what's happening with that. Try waiting until we update to 4.0.2 and see if anything has been corrected. VB developers are pushing forward to have a lot of bugs fixed for the next update.

The DarkVision template is just a preformed template that someone else created. I tried to make a black one but was having issues with the colours. Eventually I may go back to it when I have time to fix it. I will look into it later on though.

:chuckle you saw right through my plan.

Unfortunately most of the problems people are having are forum software issues and we may not be able to fix some of them right away. Others though we will or can.

Soon we will be making a chart with ongoing issues and if/when they can be fixed. This way we can stay on top of things.

No problem. I'll see if 4.0.2 fixes things. Just thought to update on what I found with things just in case :D

Good use of time at work :chuckle

cwp_sedan
02-09-2010, 11:23 AM
No problem. I'll see if 4.0.2 fixes things. Just thought to update on what I found with things just in case :D

Good use of time at work :chuckle

For sure. Of course I would rather here of how everything is working without a hitch but we both as well know that will never happen. Continue pointing out any problems. :)

Iceman_F1
02-09-2010, 11:26 AM
For sure. Of course I would rather here of how everything is working without a hitch but we both as well know that will never happen. Continue pointing out any problems. :)

OF COURSE! I need something to do during the day :chuckle :pop

Thrizzl3
02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
in the old forum when u clicked the number of posts in the thread it showed who posted and how many posts they have in the thread. and when you clicked the number it showed all the posts the member had in that one thread. When i do that now it does a search on the username and i don't see the posts i did in the thread. i have to go through the whole thread just to find my latest post.

Iceman_F1
02-09-2010, 01:00 PM
in the old forum when u clicked the number of posts in the thread it showed who posted and how many posts they have in the thread. and when you clicked the number it showed all the posts the member had in that one thread. When i do that now it does a search on the username and i don't see the posts i did in the thread. i have to go through the whole thread just to find my latest post.

XD

Learn something new every day! I didn't know you could do that :chuckle

I have the most in this thread with 30 :pop

Thrizzl3
02-09-2010, 01:02 PM
that's because your the forum geek lol...

Iceman_F1
02-09-2010, 01:04 PM
that's because your the forum geek lol...

I prefer to think of it as me being bored and using my time to help out/lurk here lol

cwp_sedan
02-09-2010, 01:35 PM

Are you saying when you click that specific # of posts it just searches the users posts rather than the posts in that thread?

I think you are the only one to use that function lol.

cwp_sedan
02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
I see how it's supposed to work Phil. I will see if I can find a fix or at least inform VB of that problem.

Thrizzl3
02-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Are you saying when you click that specific # of posts it just searches the users posts rather than the posts in that thread?

I think you are the only one to use that function lol.

lol no im not!

I see how it's supposed to work Phil. I will see if I can find a fix or at least inform VB of that problem.

will do..i'll be waiting lol

Fuel90
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Search function continues to find no results for me... even searching wingle words that would clearly have a response! 'lip' for example! ...using IE...

cwp_sedan
02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Search function continues to find no results for me... even searching wingle words that would clearly have a response! 'lip' for example! ...using IE...

This is because you can't search for words with less than 4 characters.

This may or may not change.

SpeedBaby
02-11-2010, 02:28 PM
is there a way to add the 'subscribed thread' icon in the new posts list view?

S.F.W.
02-11-2010, 02:34 PM
yes, you will see this later today or tomorrow.

cwp_sedan
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Which is the icon for a subscribed thread? I haven't seen one other than the icons with a green arrow that show you have replied to that thread. I'm not sure if we can change them, if that is what you are asking.

The new posts list view only shows icons for read/unread, hot threads and those you have replied to.

yes, you will see this later today or tomorrow.

I'm not sure that's what Tamara is asking. Unless I am wrong...

Iceman_F1
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Which is the icon for a subscribed thread? I haven't seen one other than the icons with a green arrow that show you have replied to that thread. I'm not sure if we can change them, if that is what you are asking.

The new posts list view only shows icons for read/unread, hot threads and those you have replied to.

I'm not sure that's what Tamara is asking. Unless I am wrong...

Below is a screenshot. Top bit is "new posts" search with 1 icon showing I "replied" in that thread. At bottom, shows similar, but one extra "icon" saying I'm subscribed to that thread. I am subscribed to the thread I replied to in the new posts section (this thread) so if I were to look normally, it would show that extra icon. I believe that is what Tamara is asking for...whether that can be added/changed, I am unsure of.

http://sdamv.com/Gallery/d/6961-2/tm3.JPG (http://sdamv.com/Gallery/d/6959-1/tm3.JPG)

EDIT: There is a way to just see your subscriptions for new posts if you don't get emails on them. At the top, click on "Quick Links" and then click on "Subscribed Threads". That takes you to see all your subscribed threads sorted by the last post date. Even if you have read it since then.

SpeedBaby
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
^^^ exactly that!

here's another screenshot:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/SpeedBaby/3d520dd2.png

I do use the subscribed thread option under quick links, but since quick links aren't available under the new posts view and me being lazy as i am, i figured it's worth a try to ask for the feature... under the old version it didn't differentiate between the subscribed to- and replied to- threads and the icon was always there

cwp_sedan
02-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Ah I see now. I did look into this and found that it is a bug on VBulletin's end, but it won't be fixed until the 4.0.3 update. At this point in time I don't know when that will be.

SpeedBaby
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
ah well thanks for looking into it fro me!

stevenma188
02-11-2010, 09:49 PM
So I see some stuff got updated. For the "Leaders" page, some of the headings are incorrect (ie sponsors are labled as moderators).

cwp_sedan
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
So I see some stuff got updated. For the "Leaders" page, some of the headings are incorrect (ie sponsors are labled as moderators).

lol...patience. Come back in 20 minutes.

S.F.W.
02-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Technically, sponsors have the right to moderate their own sections, that's why they show up in that list. Either way, patience.

mazdabetty
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/funny-pictures-cat-teaches-dog-patience.jpg...

cwp_sedan
02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/funny-pictures-cat-teaches-dog-patience.jpg...

Great picture!

aris
02-15-2010, 10:29 AM
I got no icon anymore...also i can't center my signature

cwp_sedan
02-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I got no icon anymore...also i can't center my signature

You'll have to be more specific regarding the icon. I have no idea what you are referring to. As for the signature. I just centered mine so I'm not sure what's going on for you. :S

aris
02-15-2010, 05:13 PM
You'll have to be more specific regarding the icon. I have no idea what you are referring to. As for the signature. I just centered mine so I'm not sure what's going on for you. :S

On the old fourm we had the eg bana man, the head banging the wall..etc I don't have that anymore

I don't know how to center my sig with the new fourm

cwp_sedan
02-15-2010, 06:40 PM
On the old fourm we had the eg bana man, the head banging the wall..etc I don't have that anymore

I don't know how to center my sig with the new fourm

Yeah I didn't even notice those smilies were missing. I hated the banana anyway. :chuckle

We can fix that.

As for your sig. When editing your sig, just select the whole thing and click on the center button. That's how the old forum did it as well.

aris
02-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah I didn't even notice those smilies were missing. I hated the banana anyway. :chuckle

We can fix that.

As for your sig. When editing your sig, just select the whole thing and click on the center button. That's how the old forum did it as well.

Smiles..that what i meant to say..not icons....and ya i know alot of people don't like the banana man....i was just using that as an example..lol

I don't have the option on this new fourm to center my sig

cwp_sedan
02-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Smiles..that what i meant to say..not icons....and ya i know alot of people don't like the banana man....i was just using that as an example..lol

I don't have the option on this new fourm to center my sig

What browser are you using?

Maybe cheat it by adding the code [*center] at the beginning and [*/center] at the end of the sig, but without the *.

aris
02-15-2010, 06:58 PM
What browser are you using?

Maybe cheat it by adding the code [*center] at the beginning and [*/center] at the end of the sig, but without the *.

ok i will try that..either way it don't realy matter if it don't work

aris
02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
It worked doing it that way

Thanks

S.F.W.
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
all the smilies are still here. You just need to use the advanced reply.
:bana :good night smiley
:yes master smiley

aris
02-16-2010, 10:44 PM
all the smilies are still here. You just need to use the advanced reply.
:bana :good night smiley
:yes master smiley

Even in advanced reply i still don't have the smiles

S.F.W.
02-16-2010, 10:53 PM
ok, here is how I get to them: click on reply, then go advanced. Then look on the left of the box you type your response, you will see some emoticons...below that you can click "more", that will get you the rest.

aris
02-16-2010, 11:38 PM
ok, here is how I get to them: click on reply, then go advanced. Then look on the left of the box you type your response, you will see some emoticons...below that you can click "more", that will get you the rest.

Nope i tryed now and i still can't get them

Thrizzl3
02-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Nope i tryed now and i still can't get them
are you serious:whoa

SpeedBaby
02-16-2010, 11:44 PM
could it be that pop-up blocker settings are preventing your browser from opening the additional window with all the smileys?

aris
02-16-2010, 11:49 PM
are you serious:whoa

ya man

could it be that pop-up blocker settings are preventing your browser from opening the additional window with all the smileys?
Nope i checked and no pop is getting blocked..oh well not a big deal if i don't get them

cwp_sedan
02-16-2010, 11:52 PM
ya man

Nope i checked and no pop is getting blocked..oh well not a big deal if i don't get them

I have them so I'm not sure what is going on. What browser are you using?

aris
02-17-2010, 12:40 AM
I have them so I'm not sure what is going on. What browser are you using?

I'm using interenet explorer....

cwp_sedan
02-17-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm using interenet explorer....

Just for the heck of it, try another browser.

Stoked
02-20-2010, 12:12 AM
i got a question... is there an easier way to follow your posts?
by that i mean before the update if you viewed all posts it would tell you if it had been read or if the thread had a new reply,
and now i can just find my post but dont know if its had any activity

thanks

cwp_sedan
02-20-2010, 11:31 AM
i got a question... is there an easier way to follow your posts?
by that i mean before the update if you viewed all posts it would tell you if it had been read or if the thread had a new reply,
and now i can just find my post but dont know if its had any activity

thanks

For now they are a little confusing. We are going to change that. Here is a legend of what the main icons mean.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb106/cwp_sedan/icon_legend.png

Stoked
02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
that helps those are confusing now,
but what about following your own posts specifically, all it shows is a pencil and it goes straight to your post instead of the top of the thread

Gizzmo_jr
02-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah the hot with and without read posts is almost impossible to tell the difference. The old scheme was super easy, distinguished by colour. I'm not a fan of the "this is a hot thread" icons.

cwp_sedan
02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah the hot with and without read posts is almost impossible to tell the difference. The old scheme was super easy, distinguished by colour. I'm not a fan of the "this is a hot thread" icons.

This will be changed just for you Matt! :chuckle

Seriously though, this will be fixed to be easier to read soon enough.

Gizzmo_jr
02-21-2010, 12:04 AM
yeesh, just saying. Make me sound like a bad guy, haha

cwp_sedan
02-21-2010, 07:16 PM
yeesh, just saying. Make me sound like a bad guy, haha

Not at all, not at all. :chuckle

I do agree the new icons suck. They will change though soon enough. :)

Tuga
02-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Im having problems login in ...
I have to put the info 2 or 3 times before it will actually let me in ...........
Any suggestions

cwp_sedan
02-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Im having problems login in ...
I have to put the info 2 or 3 times before it will actually let me in ...........
Any suggestions

Are you typing it correctly each time? :chuckle I have to ask.

Is it giving you an error when you are denied?

McGuyver_3
02-23-2010, 08:46 PM
having a little problem signing in on my blackberry. The search function overlaps the password section so i cannot login

S.F.W.
02-23-2010, 09:02 PM
having a little problem signing in on my blackberry. The search function overlaps the password section so i cannot login
Try logging in here:http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/private.php
Then going to the forum.

McGuyver_3
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
seems to do the same thing even with that link

Tuga
02-23-2010, 11:49 PM
No error it just goes back to the login page ..........
And yes i type the correct name and password ............lol
or i try tooo......... jokin

S.F.W.
02-24-2010, 12:06 AM
No error it just goes back to the login page ..........
And yes i type the correct name and password ............lol
or i try tooo......... jokin

try logging in via the private message link posted above. I suspect it is the security settings not allowing the login cookie to be placed on you system.

SpeedBaby
02-28-2010, 01:02 AM
just noticed that under the carbon theme the text links i.e. {url=}txt{/url} are in the same (or seemingly same) color as the regular text and therefore might not be visible as a link unless you hover the mouse pointer over it.

cwp_sedan
02-28-2010, 01:13 PM
just noticed that under the carbon theme the text links i.e. {url=}txt{/url} are in the same (or seemingly same) color as the regular text and therefore might not be visible as a link unless you hover the mouse pointer over it.

I know. Unfortunately if I change it to a different colour, then EVERY link on the forum will become that colour. They wouldn't be able to be dark grey anymore. Would it be better that everything was a different colour, like a dark red or blue?

SpeedBaby
02-28-2010, 10:32 PM
i didnt mind the dark-blue link colours in the theme. so i would prefer having them in blue rather than black...unless you want to try and make them a lighter shade of grey?

cwp_sedan
02-28-2010, 11:13 PM
i didnt mind the dark-blue link colours in the theme. so i would prefer having them in blue rather than black...unless you want to try and make them a lighter shade of grey?

I've changed it to blue because a lighter grey didn't look very good. Thought the dark blue isn't much better. I will play with it more to find a better colour.

SpeedBaby
03-01-2010, 11:10 AM
I've changed it to blue because a lighter grey didn't look very good. Thought the dark blue isn't much better. I will play with it more to find a better colour.

thanks ryan, really appreciate your efforts on satisfying everyone and my specifically!

cwp_sedan
03-01-2010, 11:16 AM
thanks ryan, really appreciate your efforts on satisfying everyone and my specifically!

I would rather have happy members then not. Makes my job easier lol.

yearoftherat
03-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Just noticed the new look and like the revised banner with the cars. I see that under the banner the "Forum Link" has a white background where the "Whats New" and "Quick Links" are in blue...
Also when you mouse over the "Quick Links", the text turns dark blue where as the "What New" turns blue text on a white background. The "Forum" link does not change when you mouse over.

aris
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I like this set up way better now..I could barly see the threads before..now i can them perfect.

DumpInfo
03-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I haven't really checked out to see any other bugs but I wanted to thank the members which have placed there input on the site. Thanks

cwp_sedan
03-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Just noticed the new look and like the revised banner with the cars. I see that under the banner the "Forum Link" has a white background where the "Whats New" and "Quick Links" are in blue...
Also when you mouse over the "Quick Links", the text turns dark blue where as the "What New" turns blue text on a white background. The "Forum" link does not change when you mouse over.

These have always been this way, and won't be changing. The "Forum" button is highlighted, because you are in the forum, whether is 1, 2 or 3 levels deep it doesn't matter. If you click on "What's New?", it will be highlighted as well.

As for the mouse-over highlight colours, they are working as they are supposed to be working and have been this way since we updated and added the drop down menu. This is a plug-in add-on that some one has created for VB forums. Unless the creator changes it or someone knows how to program it to look like the others, everyone is going to have to deal with it. I don't think it's that bad. We put that in to help give a shortcut to a lot of links.

Trinidad
03-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm also linking the new colour scheme etc! Good job :)

Iceman_F1
03-12-2010, 12:43 PM
New issue noticed just now. Only for affiliate dealers section...

the "breadcrumbs" link thing at the top. Only happens in Opera, but that image screws it up...

http://sdamv.com/Gallery/d/6978-2/TM3+issue.PNG

cwp_sedan
03-12-2010, 12:47 PM
New issue noticed just now. Only for affiliate dealers section...

the "breadcrumbs" link thing at the top. Only happens in Opera, but that image screws it up...

http://sdamv.com/Gallery/d/6978-2/TM3+issue.PNG

hmmmm that is weird. I'm sure they (VB) are going to be fixing it eventually. I'll see if there is anything about it.

Iceman_F1
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
hmmmm that is weird. I'm sure they (VB) are going to be fixing it eventually. I'll see if there is anything about it.

Still waiting on fix from them regarding that new post issue from the main page?

cwp_sedan
03-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Still waiting on fix from them regarding that new post issue from the main page?

Which one is that? Sorry there were so many in the beginning.

Cardinal Fang
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
While you're at it Ryan. The "Get a free date with Catherine Z. Jones" button didn't make it onto the new version of Vbulletin. Anything you can do about it is greatly appreciated.

Iceman_F1
03-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Which one is that? Sorry there were so many in the beginning.

From the main page, when I used to click on a thread title in the column "New Posts" (IE newest post in that section), it used to go to the first unread post of that thread....not it's going to the last post in that thread even though there are some I haven't read yet. Unless there's a new page after the last one I read in which case it goes to the page I haven't read yet...

cwp_sedan
03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
While you're at it Ryan. The "Get a free date with Catherine Z. Jones" button didn't make it onto the new version of Vbulletin. Anything you can do about it is greatly appreciated.

That's because they were adding Catherine Z. Jones + midget tag-a-long so I thought I would wait and surprise you. :chuckle

From the main page, when I used to click on a thread title in the column "New Posts" (IE newest post in that section), it used to go to the first unread post of that thread....not it's going to the last post in that thread even though there are some I haven't read yet. Unless there's a new page after the last one I read in which case it goes to the page I haven't read yet...

This isn't happening to me. It's working fine and I'm using Safari and Firefox on mac. You do mean under "Last Post" on the main forum right? When I click the link or the little arrow it takes me to the most current "unread" post.

Cardinal Fang
03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
*Is exiting about the new Vbulletin features*

cwp_sedan
03-12-2010, 02:03 PM
*Is exiting about the new Vbulletin features*

Iceman_F1
03-12-2010, 02:19 PM
This isn't happening to me. It's working fine and I'm using Safari and Firefox on mac. You do mean under "Last Post" on the main forum right? When I click the link or the little arrow it takes me to the most current "unread" post.

Haven't checked any other browser right now, but here's image of what's happening...clicking on image shows bigger image...

http://sdamv.com/Gallery/d/6981-2/TM3+issue2.PNG (http://sdamv.com/Gallery/d/6979-1/TM3+issue2.PNG)

So I clicked on the 2 threads from that page..."Power Fail?" and "Short Shifter Bushings"...

the 2 bottom pictures show which one I see as soon as I clicked...

Power Fail? = Post #22
Short Shifter Bushings = Post #4

First unread of those for me are

Power Fail? = Post #14
Short Shifter Bushings = Post #1

Just checked, FireFox works. However main browser is Opera...and as shown by other picture today, it seems to have issues lol

cwp_sedan
03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Haven't checked any other browser right now, but here's image of what's happening...clicking on image shows bigger image...

So I clicked on the 2 threads from that page..."Power Fail?" and "Short Shifter Bushings"...

the 2 bottom pictures show which one I see as soon as I clicked...

Power Fail? = Post #22
Short Shifter Bushings = Post #4

First unread of those for me are

Power Fail? = Post #14
Short Shifter Bushings = Post #1

Just checked, FireFox works. However main browser is Opera...and as shown by other picture today, it seems to have issues lol

Weird. I can check but they already fixed this for many other browsers. I'm sure they know it's an issue though.

Iceman_F1
03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Weird. I can check but they already fixed this for many other browsers. I'm sure they know it's an issue though.

Just weird that it only happens for Opera...same with that other issue :chuckle

Thrizzl3
03-12-2010, 04:43 PM
ok so im using the darkvision skin i like it alot lol. the problem...when i go to post a thread the title bar is white which is cool but when u click on it..it goes black so you can see what your typing..then when you go to type in the box it goes back white..which is weird becuase sometime i forget what the thread is called lol. umm is there a chance that it could be changed to one colour?

cwp_sedan
03-12-2010, 04:59 PM
ok so im using the darkvision skin i like it alot lol. the problem...when i go to post a thread the title bar is white which is cool but when u click on it..it goes black so you can see what your typing..then when you go to type in the box it goes back white..which is weird becuase sometime i forget what the thread is called lol. umm is there a chance that it could be changed to one colour?

Yeah I know there are problems with it. I didn't create that. The person who did create it slowly updates the template but there are still a lot of problems with it. I know it's weird but hopefully you can just deal with it until it's fixed. That is if it gets fixed.