PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Cleaning Products

Reegs
03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone,

Has anyone come across a good product to clean the dash board of our 3's? Mine gets really dusty and I am currently using that armor all gel stuff. I'm looking on eShine to see if there is anything else that would be better. Has anyone had any experience or used any of these products?

http://www.eshine.ca/products.php?cat=21

Thanks.

Rob

Ogata
03-17-2010, 06:26 PM
I have 303 aerospace and will be using it instead of the armor all stuff as it leaves a nasty fade after use

seelsy
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
turtle wax ICE plastic and trim cleaner works the best with our cars, cleans it, protects it, leaves no film, and leaves a pleasent sent, its a great product to use, its all i use on the intertior now.

m_bisson
03-18-2010, 08:32 PM
turtle wax ICE plastic and trim cleaner works the best with our cars, cleans it, protects it, leaves no film, and leaves a pleasent sent, its a great product to use, its all i use on the intertior now.

Warning!!!! MAKE SURE THE TIP OF THE BOTTLE IS IN THE CLOTH WHEN YOU SQUEEZE THE BOTTLE!!!!!!!
It's shoots out of there like a fricken bullet!!!!!!! I actually got a deflection OFF the rag and into my lap. Oh ya, it's a white gel type thing too.... great...

Reegs
03-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Warning!!!! MAKE SURE THE TIP OF THE BOTTLE IS IN THE CLOTH WHEN YOU SQUEEZE THE BOTTLE!!!!!!!
It's shoots out of there like a fricken bullet!!!!!!! I actually got a deflection OFF the rag and into my lap. Oh ya, it's a white gel type thing too.... great...

HAHAHAHAHAHAA. I have to agree with you here w.r.t Armour all gel, the bottle seems to be the same, it squirts out like a mo-fo!

BMWWW
03-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I clean the interior of most cars with a 1:6 ratio of woolite:water.

Cheap, and proven to work very well. Vinyl, plastic, leather, everything. (apart from cloth seats). Higher concentrations can be used for carpet, but I use folex for that.

Then either a final wipedown with water, or 303 depending on the surface. (I use 303 as well for the dash and most plastics)

seelsy
03-19-2010, 12:22 AM

hahaha thats so funny that you said that, the exact same thing happened to me, i didnt expect it at all, it covered my lap and even hit the wall like 8 feet away lol.

Zomboomafu
03-24-2010, 10:19 AM
I used to use Windex and a rag LOL
....it was actually decent

Kinn
05-25-2010, 12:24 PM
The dash in the 2010 models (at least in my Speed) are more rubbery, then plastic, and I've found it a pain to clean them. Dust sticks to it like glue; I made the mistake of going over it with a microfiber towel and I swear half the towel ended up on the dash.

Anyone found the same issue? and come up with a good technique for cleaning it, what product do you use on it?

Turok
05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
The dash in the 2010 models (at least in my Speed) are more rubbery, then plastic, and I've found it a pain to clean them. Dust sticks to it like glue; I made the mistake of going over it with a microfiber towel and I swear half the towel ended up on the dash.

Anyone found the same issue? and come up with a good technique for cleaning it, what product do you use on it?

I have a 2007 MS3 and I use a microfiber cloth and Mother's protectant.. it grabs all the fine dust particles and looks good when I'm done.. if it's super dusty, then maybe wipe it down twice. I also store all my microfiber clothes in a sealed bin/container.. like a rubbermaid.. which prevents them from gathering dust.

Kinn
05-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Turok,

I had an 06' GT and was able to do the same thing. The dash is a smooth hard plastic. In the 2010's they changed the material and it's more rubbery in feel then the previous plastic and has a sticky texture to it. It's hard to just clean off the dust since cloths seem to stick to the dash. It's also slightly nippled (what?). My guess is it was changed to reduce glare on the inside of the windshield. I'm worried about what chemicals I could/should use on it.

hatthi
05-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I have 303 aerospace and will be using it instead of the armor all stuff as it leaves a nasty fade after use

+1
This stuff is great and used by many professional detailers. I use it once every few weeks with a microfiber dusting when needed.

Turok
05-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Turok,

I had an 06' GT and was able to do the same thing. The dash is a smooth hard plastic. In the 2010's they changed the material and it's more rubbery in feel then the previous plastic and has a sticky texture to it. It's hard to just clean off the dust since cloths seem to stick to the dash. It's also slightly nippled (what?). My guess is it was changed to reduce glare on the inside of the windshield. I'm worried about what chemicals I could/should use on it.

The 2007 MS3 dash is nippled in a way as well.. it's not rubbery well at least not to my touch.. The dash in my car is a flat black.. so even when cleaned, there is no glare that I've ever seen.

voy89
05-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I like this stuff, shines up interior very well, and it smells like coconut
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/stores/auto/detail-page/B000OWTI2K-G13616.jpg

optiklenz13
05-27-2010, 04:00 PM
i just use this.

http://www.swiffer.com/en_CA/products/images/pdt_pak_duster1.gif :chuckle

Honva
05-27-2010, 04:23 PM
For dust, this thing works its magic! Keep one in the door panel pocket.
http://www.swiffer.com/en_CA/cleaning-dusters.do#
http://www.swiffer.com/en_CA/cleaningSolutions/images/cln_txt_swf_dus_demo.gif

I use Amorall protectant wipes afterwards and works ok.

dave2010GT
05-31-2010, 10:57 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/stores/auto/detail-page/B000OWTI2K-G13616.jpg

HUGE +1 for this product

lancesir
06-02-2010, 12:49 AM
anyone know where to get 303 locally in GTA? I used to buy them from Cdn Tire but it seems like they stopped carrying the product this year.

hatthi
06-02-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm down to my last bottle. Seems like CanTire stopped carrying the product.

Turok
06-02-2010, 09:03 AM
anyone know where to get 303 locally in GTA? I used to buy them from Cdn Tire but it seems like they stopped carrying the product this year.

Did you check Partsource? They carry a wide variety of cleaning products.

hatthi
06-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I'll looked in 2 of there stores and couldn't find it.

rob3
06-15-2010, 08:46 AM

wash all of your microfiber towels before use to resolve that issue. I had the same problem, once they were all clean and washed they didn't leave anything else on my 2010 GT-E's dash

essaarcee
07-19-2010, 04:57 PM

I faced the same issue...but to my rescue i discovered that Meguir's Mirror Glaze Professional-Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner (The butter color bottle) works great. I cleaned the rubbery dash area also the other parts like the door panels etc....it was perfect! and the best thing is it dint leave a mirror glaze!! it just cleaned it....i dint want a super shiny look...but just the "new" clean look..which was delivered.

Kinn
07-20-2010, 09:22 AM
I faced the same issue...but to my rescue i discovered that Meguir's Mirror Glaze Professional-Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner (The butter color bottle) works great. I cleaned the rubbery dash area also the other parts like the door panels etc....it was perfect! and the best thing is it dint leave a mirror glaze!! it just cleaned it....i dint want a super shiny look...but just the "new" clean look..which was delivered.

LOL - funny since posting I've found the same product and it's worked well.

mzkaye729
07-20-2010, 09:49 AM

Canadian Tire on Eglinton/Warden in Scarborough has TONS of these on clearance. They have like three shelving stacks full of the stuff. I think it was like $5 a bottle but I bought one and it works great ! Also, I believe Wisdom Detail (sponsor here) carries this product as well.

philipfreire
07-25-2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/imagesEdp/p84868z.jpg

My favourite. I used 303 before I made the switch to this. Best product ever for vinyl!

essaarcee
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks Phillie86 for the pic.
This is the one which i mentioned in my earlier post.
Works like charm

Snotrocket
08-10-2010, 01:09 AM
So specific to the 2010 dash what would you guys recommend? Im not sure what the dash is made of but it feels kind of spongy? Its somewhat porous so im hesitant to try some products.

hit26k
08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
So specific to the 2010 dash what would you guys recommend? Im not sure what the dash is made of but it feels kind of spongy? Its somewhat porous so im hesitant to try some products.

Believe it or not, Armor All Cleaning Wipes. To my surprise it works like a charm and leaves my dashboard looking new with the exception of dust collecting.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarWashingCleaning/InteriorCarCare/PRDOVR~0390492P/Armor%252BAll%2525AE%252BCleaning%252BWipes.jsp?lo cale=en

lancesir
08-10-2010, 09:12 AM
303 for me and yes the sponsor here has them

billd80
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Meguires #40 as pictured below works awesome on the 2010 dash imo, Not too much shine and smells great.

leungly
08-11-2010, 12:30 AM
I've got on hand:
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner (http://www.wisdomdetail.ca/pics/newpicssmall/DSC06305.JPG)
303 Aerospace Protectant (16oz and 32oz)
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium

Love 303 Aerospace, I just have to remember to reapply every 4-6 weeks for maximum effectiveness.

mido
08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Where do you find 303 aerospace? Canadian tire no longer carries it...!

mazdaskit
08-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Theres this new meguiars interior shine product i cant find a pic but i used it this week and its the best stuff every lol

prinsesa
08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
My co-worker went into my car (2010) today and she said it doesnt look new at all, my dashboard is so fuggen dusty. I will devote my whole entire weekend to cleaning, vacuuming teh car

Lots of good tips on this thread..

CrystalWhiteGT
08-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Meguires #40 as pictured below works awesome on the 2010 dash imo, Not too much shine and smells great.

Thanks for the info! I love the clean look (minus the excessive shine) as well !

And much thanks to Phillie86 for the pic. I have long been a fan of Mequiar's products.

S.F.W.
08-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Where do you find 303 aerospace? Canadian tire no longer carries it...!

I am also a fan of 303 Aerospace. I pick it up from Wisdom Detail when I need it.

Hoodzy
05-11-2011, 10:37 PM
I use 303 great stuff!!

seelsy
05-12-2011, 08:41 AM
I used Autoglym from Part source on my interior the other day, and its the only product Ive used so far that actually made my interior look like it did from factory with a great shine, best product ive ever used on the interior.

DarkKilla
05-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I use meguires 40 vinyl and rubber, looks and smells great
I just dont like how the dust collects afterwards rather easily. Does 303 or autogylm do this as well?

seelsy
05-12-2011, 12:03 PM
no the autoglym is said to actually put a barrier similar to wax to stop dust collection, its been three days and it still looks like i i just did it, no dust yet

Olestra
05-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I use Meguiar's Quik Interior detailer. Great for quick wipes and leaves a matte look if you have no shine product on the dash yet.

philipfreire
05-13-2011, 12:05 PM
http://en.meguiarscanada.com/images/products/347_large.jpg
Ultimate Protectant Dash & Trim Restorer

Got this a few weeks ago... Its a thicker paste and not really meant to replace #40, but it has the best endurance/protection ive seen. To this date, wher ei applied this lotion, its still shiny! Love it!

Kwokalobster
05-13-2011, 09:06 PM

+1 GREAT PRODUCT. I use this one as well.

CFX
05-13-2011, 10:12 PM
http://meguiarsdirect.com/imagesEdp/p84721z.jpg

Hoodzy
08-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Wow thats pretty brutal they are not carrying 303 anymore.. that stuff is always SOLD out.. friggin toolbot idea that was to stop selling it.

ElectroJay
10-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Sorry for bringing up this old thread but I wanted to add the regular Swiffer Duster. The thing works like magic for cleaning the dash and the handle makes it effortless :D

vinnierap
10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I still find the best and easiest thing to clean the interior is a damp microfiber cloth. No product required. most of the products allow the dust to collect quicker. I say forget about the product and use a microfibre, damp or dry.

or like electrojay said the swiffer cloth or swiffer duster.

ElectroJay
10-04-2011, 10:54 PM
I still find the best and easiest thing to clean the interior is a damp microfiber cloth. No product required. most of the products allow the dust to collect quicker. I say forget about the product and use a microfibre, damp or dry.

or like electrojay said the swiffer cloth or swiffer duster.

I'll give the microfiber a shot one day. Not sure if you've experienced this but I've read from others that it can leave particles on the dashboard?

vinnierap
10-04-2011, 11:00 PM
I'll give the microfiber a shot one day. Not sure if you've experienced this but I've read from others that it can leave particles on the dashboard?

It will sometimes leave fabric particles if the cloth is dry. After you wipe down the dash swipe over it with the cloth and they will go away...lol..

leungly
10-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Shameless Plug:
http://www.wisdomdetail.ca/meguiars_quik_interior_detailer?keyword=quik&category_id=0

for Myself at Wisdom Detail :)

Besides this you can also use any all purpose Cleaner and Dilute 10 to 1 or 15 to 1.

Optimum Opti-Clean is also quite good but its a bit more expensive and probably overkill for the job.

Leafs_Nation87
10-19-2011, 02:01 AM
I used the Armor All wipes and that was a mistake lol...It's greasy and just makes a mess of everything....I found that getting a microfiber cloth and some mothers or Meguiar's interior cleaner works a lot better...

leungalv
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I just picked up and am using Meguiars Supreme Shine™ Protectant Spray. I could not find the Meguiars vinyl & rubber cleaner :(

leungalv
11-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Just picked up and wiped down my Saab with the #40 vinyl and rubber cleaner ... the Supreme Shine smells better hehehe