PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Threads in the Classified Section

baymoe
03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
No name need mentioning here, but should a limit (say 2 thread creations per category) be put in place to prevent an individual from hoarding the classified section?

Default User
03-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Did your post get bumped to page 6 already?

have a sub-section within B/S/T auto parts to have a mini section specific to rim/tires and Audio/Video
or better yet, have sellers merge to one thread

cwp_sedan
03-19-2010, 09:01 AM
No name need mentioning here, but should a limit (say 2 thread creations per category) be put in place to prevent an individual from hoarding the classified section?

We can look into it and see if we can clean it up a bit. :)

EDIT: The main problem is that if someone has a lot of items, like 10+, the thread title won't describe all of the items for sale, thus not making it easy for people to scan through the section.

have a sub-section within B/S/T auto parts to have a mini section specific to rim/tires and Audio/Video
or better yet, have sellers merge to one thread

This would make things too hard to find. I know some people would look through all of them but not everyone would.

SSmoked
03-20-2010, 06:07 PM
I totally agree. having 6 seperate items in 6 different threads is too much. if somebody is selling this many parts they can easily say part out or garage sale or something. maby they should only be alowed to bump 1 of those 6 threads a day.

cwp_sedan
03-20-2010, 06:37 PM
We are working on it. Please be patient.

baymoe
03-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Well, not totally because of that. Just tired of seeing a single member constantly bumping his threads and hoarding Page 1 of the FS thread.

We are working on it. Please be patient.

Sounds good.

SpeedBaby
03-28-2010, 08:31 PM
an easy fix to this would be to allow the OP of classified threads to edit their original post to add items instead of having to create new threads all the time and subsequently having to bump them all separately. i agree with the fact that it's annoying for bot the users as well as the seller.