PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP USELESS FLOOR MATS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

dave2010GT
03-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Okay I've had my MZ3 GT for 6 months and I have just noticed that there is wearing on the drivers side mat. These things are a real POS!!!!!

Does anyone know if Mazda offers a guarantee on these things or is there a higher quality replacement available through one of our sponsors. I know there is an upgraded carpet kit but the 2010 mazda 3 link on that site has all of a sudden disappeared.

I'm going to the dealership next week to bitch but they will probably tell me to go pound salt so I wanted to know if anyone here might know of a different solution.

Skippy
03-27-2010, 04:25 PM
I think they are covered for the 1st year, don't hold me to that though.

Harbour Rat
03-27-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't know if they are available for the 2010 Mazda3 yet but I have WeatherTechs in my 08 and they are pretty tough. They are not carpet though, they are a fairly rigid plastic like pick-up truck bed liners. They are molded to fit and fit they do. I've had them in for a year and half now, through two winters and they still look like new with barely even the faintest scuffing where my heels rest at the throttle pedal and foot rest.

But you get what you pay for and with WeatherTechs you pay for what you get - just the two fronts were ~$145 in 2008.

prime
03-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Really? I've had mine for two winter seasons as well and they're wearing out at the heel section - like plastic peeling. Also my passenger floor mats don't fit as perfectly as my driver side. Like the OEM mats they slide up when I have passengers riding and I think that kind of distorted it's original shape.

Regardless of all that, I still like the WeatherTech floorliners. They're definitely much better than other winter rubbermats I've used. I won't use it as all-weather mats though. I still switch over to OEM floormats in the summer/spring time. Hmmm... Speaking of which...

dave2010GT
03-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it turns out at the dealership.

Also prime I know what you mean about the passenger side I had that problem with my 05 sport, but in the new 2010 models they fixed that buy putting two clips on the passenger side mats.

I'm defiantely going to pick up weather techs for the winter if they are available for the 2010 models.

pacmann33
04-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I have the digital fit weathertechs for my 2010 hatch, they are awesome. much better than the regular weathertech mats. You get what you pay for, but even then, the digital fits for the 2010's have a couple changes that I would make if I was Mr. Weathertech LOL