PDA

View Full Version : Will lowering my car void the entire warranty?

DaveIrwin24
03-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Just wondered if I installed lowering springs, will my factory warranty be voided or just anything thAt was related to the suspension?

mit-gee-mui
03-28-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?35438-Does-lowering-the-car-void-your-insurance and post 7

sudz
03-28-2010, 12:04 PM
I filled out my insurance application online. Bel-air direct only asked me if I had more than 5,000 dollars worth of aftermarket modifications. I said no (truth)

... That is all.

Nobody ever has come to see my car, etc.

The only issue with Bel-air, is that if you have a less than perfect driving record - They'll Hike your rates like mad. But I'm 25, One small speeding ticket, No Accidents, Insured for 8 years... and I pay 145 a month now with them. When I FIRST got my Mazda3... it was 297 a month.

Malcolm991
03-28-2010, 02:31 PM
I filled out my insurance application online. Bel-air direct only asked me if I had more than 5,000 dollars worth of aftermarket modifications. I said no (truth)

... That is all.

Nobody ever has come to see my car, etc.

The only issue with Bel-air, is that if you have a less than perfect driving record - They'll Hike your rates like mad. But I'm 25, One small speeding ticket, No Accidents, Insured for 8 years... and I pay 145 a month now with them. When I FIRST got my Mazda3... it was 297 a month.

What does your insurance have to do with your warranty? I dont think it voids your warranty!

DaveIrwin24
03-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure about the insurance, I didn't factor mentioning to my insurance about the mod, just wondering if I should pay for the deAlership to put the springs in, or get my buddy to do it for free.

S.F.W.
03-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure about the insurance, I didn't factor mentioning to my insurance about the mod, just wondering if I should pay for the deAlership to put the springs in, or get my buddy to do it for free.

no point in paying the dealer. It will not change your warranty.

07m3gt
03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
I hope not just lowered my car. I don't see why it would void the powertrain warranty

DaveIrwin24
03-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Ohh ok, just wasn't sure, I've been told it would void certain aspects of my warranty. What's a good brand of springs to go with?

m3zoomzoom
03-29-2010, 01:02 AM
eibach prokits... or tein stech/htech.. depending on how much of a drop u want and what kind of ride you're looking for.. search those you'll come up with tons of info on here or on google

Sean80
03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
If you have the dealer install the mazdaspeed springs, it will not void your warranty. It will cost you a small fortune, but your warranty will be good. If you install aftermarket springs, your warranty for suspension components will be voided. I went with pro-kits on my old 3 and loved them, never had any troubles. Find a used set and have your buddy install them. You should be able to get that done for about $100 - $150 if you search.

DaveIrwin24
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
yeah i might go that route, prices on ebay aren't too bad either. Get a set off there and get my buddy to install them, and pray nothing goes wrong lol

JSI
03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
It shouldn't change anything except suspension components wont be covered I would think. How much of your susupension is covered under the 3 year anyway?

Sean80
03-30-2010, 10:33 AM
You don't have anything to worry about. I put pro-kits on my '06 70,000kms ago (3 years) and it was fine. Never had a problem. Just be ready for the harsher ride, the added handling makes up for it though.

DaveIrwin24
03-30-2010, 03:58 PM
alright i was a little iffy at first, now im set on getting a set of springs installed. eibach sounds like the way to go from what i've read

dhlwtu
04-25-2010, 12:21 PM
If dealer wants 2 b a ball breaker he can find any reason to try and void it

aaron
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
please change ur stock shocks to after market ones, I REGRET to use stock shocks on my teinstech. After 60k km of driving, my rear shocks are done, my front wheel bearings are screwed. I went to dealer they say the warranty is VOID. Lesson learned: don't be a cheap ass!:bang

P.S. Looking for a set of koni yellows, PM me if u got one.

Hyperion
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/U9Tzm.gif
Fantastic bump

funkdupspeed3
08-08-2012, 10:40 PM
please change ur stock shocks to after market ones, I REGRET to use stock shocks on my teinstech. After 60k km of driving, my rear shocks are done, my front wheel bearings are screwed. I went to dealer they say the warranty is VOID. Lesson learned: don't be a cheap ass!:bang

P.S. Looking for a set of koni yellows, PM me if u got one.

60,000kms?

Wes08M3
08-08-2012, 11:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/U9Tzm.gif
Fantastic bump

LOL.

Nobody reads the date in threads before they post. :bang

MarkWB
08-09-2012, 12:41 AM
So you guys think OP will get Koni Yellows, or be a cheap ass?

Impressive
08-09-2012, 01:10 AM
So you guys think OP will get Koni Yellows, or be a cheap ass?

Says the guy with the GX.

OP seems to have a Gen2 Speed, so he could even drop it on stock struts (mildly) and not particularly worry about destroying his suspension and/or voiding his warranty.

It's also been 2 years since OP posted this, so you could definitely ask him if he has by now

Hyperion
08-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Says the guy with the GX.

OP seems to have a Gen2 Speed, so he could even drop it on stock struts (mildly) and not particularly worry about destroying his suspension and/or voiding his warranty.

It's also been 2 years since OP posted this, so you could definitely ask him if he has by now

I have a GX.....

Impressive
08-09-2012, 01:38 AM
I have a GX.....

You didn't call a guy with a newer Speed than your GX a cheap ass.
Nothing wrong with a GX at all, I'm just sayin'

Hyperion
08-09-2012, 01:44 AM
You didn't call a guy with a newer Speed than your GX a cheap ass.
Nothing wrong with a GX at all, I'm just sayin'

The joke here, is that the OP already has the shocks/struts because the post was so old.
You missed the joke.

MarkWB
08-09-2012, 03:13 AM
The joke here, is that the OP already has the shocks/struts because the post was so old.
You missed the joke.

Exactly lol the other half of the joke being that some would say buying koni yellows is "being a cheap ass" instead of getting coils, but you got the main point.

Oh, and Mr. Impressive..."says the one with the gen one," would be my only response to you. :chuckle

Impressive
08-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Exactly lol the other half of the joke being that some would say buying koni yellows is "being a cheap ass" instead of getting coils, but you got the main point.

Oh, and Mr. Impressive..."says the one with the gen one," would be my only response to you. :chuckle

Second gens were not out at the time I bought my vehicle :)