PDA

View Full Version : 2010 owners! any issues with windows fogging from the inside every time it rains?

fuhreakz
03-29-2010, 02:12 PM
So for some reason I find a little odd, my windows keep fogging from the interior every time it rains.

I mean, I don't consider myself to give off an enormous amount of heat or anything, and my rear passenger and driver side windows keep fogging up when it rains. It happens with only myself in the car and is MUCH worse if I have the kids in the back. I've got tints if that would matter.

Anyone else have such an issue? Could it be some sort of blocked ventilation that may have happened during undercoating?

Just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this or if I'm just a fat bastard that gives off too much heat..... :bang

cwp_sedan
03-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Turn on the defrost and don't put the recirc on.

Woodman316
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Turn on the defrost and don't put the recirc on.

Defrost clears mine up every time. Defrost suppost to do that? Defrost made to do that? I leave one of the back windows open a 1/2" it seems to help Defrost, and then I put the defrost on. I just figured out my new favorite word defrost.

MistaChin
03-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Yup defrost and the window crack should help.

That and stop having sex in the car when it's raining.

fuhreakz
03-29-2010, 03:11 PM
So your all saying that the front defrost will clear up the fogging of the back windows?

Yes, cracking them a bit clears it up no doubt...... but I just find it odd as the other cars at my place won't be fogged up....

I'll do my best to only have sex in the car when its not raining...

MistaChin
03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Try the button that turns on the heated mirrors and rear window.

fuhreakz
03-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately the rear door windows on my 3 aren't heated....

MistaChin
03-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Sorry i'm an idiot and didn't fully read your post lol. As long as the in-cabin temperature cools down a little bit then the fogging should go away. As the heat inside the cabin hits the windows it instantly cools down quickly and condenses to make the fog. Cooler temps are key

Mr. Scruples
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
You can also try running the air conditioner.

The manual states that the air conditioner can be used as a dehumidifier with the temperature dial set in any position (meaning you can still get heat if you want it).

I'm not positive (don't have the manual here to double check), but I believe it says that the air-con dehumidifier feature is also activated when you use the rear defrost button..

JSI
03-29-2010, 03:51 PM
All cars do this, not just the 3.

If it's just 1-2 people in a car it's usually able to be controlled with defrost and rear window heating, once you add people in the back the rear passengers windows tend to stay a bit foggy.

vcp
03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I really haven't had any issues with this. The 2010 mz3 really is pretty good at clearing up the windows provided you are turning off the recirculation and turning on the AC when needed. My 96 Integra on the other hand had terrible circulation.

kimro
03-30-2010, 01:24 PM
None for me

fu5ion
03-30-2010, 01:57 PM
it fogs up when it rains, usually when Im doing naughty things to my car...... i mean... when im panting.... oh geez...

:p

It fogs up i hit the front defrost button, it disappears i knock the heat off.

hatchback
03-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Use a squeegee from the inside. That will help..

jeff192
03-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Use a squeegee from the inside. That will help..

or u can just drive with the windows open... it will wash the rear seats at the same time LoL

mine has the Auto clim and it almost never uses the front defrost so every time it rains it does it too so i just put the defrost

Krazy
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Only thing that annoys me with 2010 is...

When I drive with only 2 back seat windows down half way... it creates a weird wind tunnel sound...

Always have to open half of passenger side of front seats to get it to stop. :S

Copierguy
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Yes...you are just a fat bastard....j/k
crank the fan and have on a/c

Marsh
04-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Clean the inside of the windows REALLY well.

I don't have AC (cut the belt when the compressor went) and I don't have fogging problems at all. If the glass is really clean it takes a higher humidity level for condensation to form on it and you're windows will stay clear.

J_man
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM
That's wierd. My 2010 doesn't fog at all. And there is no way your tint would be causing fogging problems... although getting it on titanic style in the back seat would cause fogging problems but I don't think you would bother you then :)

derekjaii
04-19-2010, 10:47 AM
So for some reason I find a little odd, my windows keep fogging from the interior every time it rains.

I mean, I don't consider myself to give off an enormous amount of heat or anything, and my rear passenger and driver side windows keep fogging up when it rains. It happens with only myself in the car and is MUCH worse if I have the kids in the back. I've got tints if that would matter.

Anyone else have such an issue? Could it be some sort of blocked ventilation that may have happened during undercoating?

Just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this or if I'm just a fat bastard that gives off too much heat..... :bang

you have those visors on your car?? if u doo turn the heat on full blast and open the window just a bit for yourself to breathe!! lol and yeah the knob thingy should be turned to blow air to the windows and the feet or just the window xD

twistedspoon
04-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Like Marsh said, you should clean the inside of your window. You don't need any cleaning agents, just use a clean towel and some eblow grease. Also, make sure you don't throw your wet umbrella into your back seat because it is source for humidity in your car.