PDA

View Full Version : noisy belt sound at idle?

volitans
04-11-2010, 06:43 PM
I have a 2007 mazda 3 gt and at idle it squeals like belt but goes away as soon as I give it gas.I tried belt dresser for the fun of it and it didnt go away.I tried moving the tensionner while it was running to see if it would change but it didnt.

any known issues?

MikeyGT
04-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I have the same issue, same year, same trim but sport. I booked an appointment at the dealer to check it out. Let you know how it goes.

volitans
04-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks that would be great!My warranty is past 600km and they dont want to pass it under warranty :( I got a feeling its an idler puller or something...That would be great if you could tell me what your problem is.thanks alot!

Derik

Cudgel
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM
I had something similar too. I had a squeaking sound during start up and then it went away (winter time only) and sometimes I hear belt noises during idle. I had it checked out about a month ago at Avante and they couldn't duplicate the problem so please keep us updated on this.

Thanks

MikeyGT
04-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi guys... i just got back home. So I checked it at Mazda of Toronto.

Here's the problems I have. Basically when I start the car, I hear a high pitch/whining sound. Also, I hear the power steering whining sound inside my car. A lot of people have this problem and reported this on this forum. Most people say it was normal. Anyhow, after bringing it in. They fixed my issue. It was the power steering pump for me. Now when i turn my wheel even on a dead stop, I don't hear the sound. Also when I start the car on idle. I'll test the car out tomorrow morning to see if I hear any weird sound at start up.

I'm kind of lucky because I was able to claim it on the warranty. Hope it helps you guys.

volitans
04-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks for your reply.Mine doesnt do the power steering noise.So I assume its a different problem.I have a friend that works at mazda as a mecanic,he will look at it,but he is away from home this week.I will post when He gives me the answer.

How much was that power steering pump?

MikeyGT
04-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Sorry not sure. It didn't cost me a penny to get my car fixed.

Why don't you send a message to Flipdady.

Cudgel
04-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi guys... i just got back home. So I checked it at Mazda of Toronto.

Here's the problems I have. Basically when I start the car, I hear a high pitch/whining sound. Also, I hear the power steering whining sound inside my car. A lot of people have this problem and reported this on this forum. Most people say it was normal. Anyhow, after bringing it in. They fixed my issue. It was the power steering pump for me. Now when i turn my wheel even on a dead stop, I don't hear the sound. Also when I start the car on idle. I'll test the car out tomorrow morning to see if I hear any weird sound at start up.

I'm kind of lucky because I was able to claim it on the warranty. Hope it helps you guys.

Thanks a lot for the info. I will bring it up again when I bring my car in for the next service!

volitans
04-21-2010, 07:26 PM
It ended being the water pump for me.Dealer charger 178$ for the part and the local parts source 48$ brand new..I just changed it and the sound is gone..