PDA

View Full Version : heated mazda3 seats

bmxnwrx
05-07-2010, 10:36 AM
I have been looking for some for my wifes car. wondering what models came with them, or were they an option in all mazda3? If the car did not come equiped with them, is there still a factory harness that they can be plugged into? also if anyone knows where i can start lookg for a set please let me know. I am not sure where i would find used mazda seats.

Honva
05-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I think heated seats is only available on the GT trim.

It is not just the seats. The center console is different which house the adjustment wheels. Not sure about other requirements like bigger battery, alternator rating, etc.

cwp_sedan
05-07-2010, 11:03 AM
You may want to specify the year of car you have.

loganm3
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I think 2007 was the first year you could get heated seats without leather......but I agree I think you can only get heated seats on the GT package. I would look into a aftermarket heated seat kit before I would swap the seats. http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html Maybe a sponser could help you out!

I have never done it, but there is a zipper on the back of my seat, so I presume you can roll off the fabric....now getting it back on may be a pain.

bmxnwrx
05-07-2010, 11:49 AM
its an 05 mazda3 gs. and i would have no problems in getting the switches and the seats if the factory harness was there. Usually the factory harness has all the options on it and they just use what ever is needed for the trim level of the car. But i could be wrong. I have had hondas, acuras, and subarus and new to the mazda3 game.