PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Filter=Cabin Filter

Google
08-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Just wondering if the two are the same?

The dealer wants a friend mine who has an 2004 3 GS without a cabin filter to do a cleaning an replacement of the cabin filter and HVAC.

FLIPDADY
08-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Your friends car doesn't have a cabin filter. Only later models came equipped with them. They can put one in for you if you want.

Google
08-06-2010, 02:15 AM
So the dealer is trying to pull a fast one by calling the cabin filter an environmental filter?

Google
10-10-2010, 01:09 AM
When we picked up the car, the service manager told us that she does have a cabin filter and charged her for it.

Noisy Crow
10-10-2010, 01:29 AM
When we picked up the car, the service manager told us that she does have a cabin filter and charged her for it.

Did they give you the used parts?

Google
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM
No, they didn't and never do. That reminds me. I'm going to fire off and email to Mazda Canada and have them tell me in writing if the 3 has an OEM cabin filter installed.

Shawn
11-05-2010, 10:30 PM
MOT just tried that one on me too. :(
Maybe they just did the work and put one in.

zakman
11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
in the newer models there are actually two filters rite under the middle of the dash (pain in the a$$ to get at and change... have to take the hole passenger side apart to get at). if the dealer is changing it or they are saying they have changed it just ask them to prove it by showing you the old part. if they can come up with it then say u never ran that by me or had me aprove the change and therefor im not paying for it. and like other have said the older ones donthave them.

Google
11-10-2010, 12:33 AM
I think that's what they probably did, they put one in. But how is one to know, right? It's not as if it's easy to get into and see for yourself. Any way, I sent Mazda Canada and an email and alothough they never verified if I have an OEM cabin filter installed, they did ask details on the dealer and who I spoke to.

Google
11-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Oh btw, showing the old part doesnt prove a thing. They can easily pick somone else's part and say it was yours.

repoman_2
11-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Your friends car doesn't have a cabin filter. Only later models came equipped with them. They can put one in for you if you want.

Flipdady already gave all of the information right here? Contrary to everyone's belief not all dealers are out to rip you off. Vehicles are brought in for maintenance work and the Mazda Canada recommended maintenance is provided to the customer. If you don't want to follow the maintenance schedule you are in no way obligated to

Google
11-11-2010, 12:34 AM
^ Hmm. Not sure how the above comment fits into this thread. :whoa

Cosmo77
11-11-2010, 12:15 PM
God your on to me! I'll have to throw out all those cabin air filters I keep in my tool box! :bang

Shawn
11-11-2010, 04:17 PM
If you don't replace the cabin air filter you void your entire warranty. :headbang

Google
11-11-2010, 08:23 PM
If you don't replace the cabin air filter you void your entire warranty. :headbang
You forgot to mention that your engine will seize as well.

Google
11-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Just an update.....after Mazda Canada has been dodging my question for many weeks now, I finally had enough and had the enquiry escalated and insisted the basic question: did this Mazda3 come equipped with an environmental/cabin filter - Yes or No. The answer came back in writing that it did not.

It is interesting to see how Mazda Canada customer service reps are trained not to answer customer questions in many situations and how they won't ruffle any feathers with any of their dealerships. I know in my case, I hung up on a thick accented French Canadian rep who refused to provide me with any specifics on what the extended warranty covered when I could not locate my paperwork. The entire Mazda Customer Care process is nothing more than smoke and mirrors...but that's another topic for another thread.

TheMAN
11-28-2010, 07:37 AM
No mazda3 in canada ever came with a cabin filter until 2006. It is possible to add it in after the fact using the US only 2005 special edition's filter (it is a little different in how it works compared to the 2006+ one)... MOT sells all their cabin filters as this particular one (part number BP8P-61-J6X), so it is guaranteed to not cause cooling issues