PDA

View Full Version : Proximity Key issues

floopy
08-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Is there anyone else that thinks this system is a pile of crap ? I cannot understand why Mazda has made the whole key system so complicated and user unfriendly. Why cant I put my windows up and down when on ACC mode? Why cant I open the hatch until I have opened the drivers side door? Why when my passenger gets out they cant open the back door. Why when I walk away from the car it doesnt lock? Is there a way to shut this system off and just use the FOB to open and close the doors? This lock system must have been designed by brain dead lawyers and accountants...:flaming

Donutz
08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Nice rant; welcome to TM3. I have an 05 and the doors have to be unlocked for me to open the hatch. That said I have a Compustar Pro security system. I think if you want perimeter lock / unlock you need to go aftermarket. Mazda isn't a high-end car, and I think given the price point, the system it comes with is decent. I understand your frustration, but keep in mind you bought a Mazda that comes with some features that beat the pants off the competition.

*EDIT* I should also say, that I'm unaware of newer features with the newer models, so if your car came with a perimeter lock/unlock that doesn't function properly you should complain.

Ex-Rolla
08-26-2010, 12:10 AM
It can be disabled. You will have to contact the dealer though

Kris"Speed3"CWP
01-29-2011, 06:10 PM
my 2010 SPeed I have noticed that if you exit the car and don't start walking away and let door close first the sensor will pick up the key fob, then when you walk away you will hear one beep and hear the door lock. Now for the trunk the push button will work on the trunk regardless if the main car is locked/unlocked. If you pop the hood and then walk to front of car the car will still lock doors even if hood is open, once hood closes lights will blink once.The passenger can push the button to lock/unlock only if the key fob is by one of the 3 sensors,(push buttons) My one beef with this system versus the ford P.E.P.S system is if the car is running the remote buttons do not work to lock doors you have to use the key in the fob to lock manually, but the push button for trunk still works on the trunk but not the doors if engine is running. With the Ford system it knows the fob is not in the car and will allow you to lock the car while it is running as the program allows for this. Mazda's program does not allow this? Also if you noticed it tells you pass key is not present on display so why cant you lock it, the car knows the key is not there? Also why can you drive off without the pass key when if you fail to push the clutch into start the car it tells you on the display to depress clutch? The computer knows allot of things the dots are just not connected together to make a full functioning sensible program?? if no pass key is present when depressing the clutch the car should shut off if the car has not moved for 60 or more seconds or the parking brake is up. Also the display tells you parking brake is up and to release it,(donuts in the snow) so why can't the computer connect the dots?? Mazda does not have the brain power to make full functioning products or pay people that can. Like why do you have to take car to dealer for personalization option in a car that has a nav system? Y cause its a half ass interacting nav system the gives user minimal control!

p.s I had the horn disabled with personalization settings, and auto lock feature turned on, and the auto door lock when vehilce goes over a certain speed feature too, ever drive in Detroit I was just passing through when I just got car and seriously some real poor shit areas on our way to Boyne Falls!

if you walk away from car while door is still closing you will not be in range of the sensor in the door when the latch catches, hence the car not locking. Stand next to car until door latch's then walk away problem solved.