PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Mazda 3 Pedals DIY

Kwokalobster
11-20-2010, 07:10 PM
I got a set of these AT transmission pedals from Nextmod and i can't seem to find a DIY guide on the site. Help please if anyone knows?

Fuyuzora
11-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't think a detailed one exists yet.

I have a set (MT) coming in the mail though... Perhaps I'll take the initiative to post one.

I don't know when they'll arrive though; they've been stuck in customs in Vancouver since Nov.8th. :/

mazdilla
11-20-2010, 09:15 PM
You are kidding...

........ right?!!!

Peel off old rubber pedals. Test fit new pedals on existing pedal plates, mark holes, drill holes, install new pedals with supplied hardware.

Done.

Fuyuzora
11-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I know it's a simple process, and I imagine it should go smoothly. But for hardware modifications such as this, which are more-or-less irreversible, having some pictures as a walkthrough and for reference can give a modicum of confidence.

:.02

coriolis
11-20-2010, 10:13 PM
It's pretty nerve-wrecking for a newbie, I did it myself as well, was a bit difficult as I drilled holes too close to the rear pillar, so attaching the screws to the back sockets was a pain!

Looks great though!

Donutz
11-21-2010, 01:13 AM
http://krystmsgarage.com/?page_id=16

Use the one for sok07 pedals.

Kwokalobster
11-21-2010, 09:07 AM
I know it's a simple process, and I imagine it should go smoothly. But for hardware modifications such as this, which are more-or-less irreversible, having some pictures as a walkthrough and for reference can give a modicum of confidence.

:.02

i agree. some pictures would be nice. dont wanna **** up.

Soyabean
11-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Well its not hard. Peel off the rubber. Put the new pedals in place. Use a pencil to mark the holes. Drill and install. Its easier than you think. Although easy, it may take sometime

Pyro
11-29-2010, 09:19 PM
dumb question, but if you drill these pedals in
can you take the pedals off later and put the rubber back on and it'll be the same?

ST3ALTH
11-29-2010, 09:28 PM
dumb question, but if you drill these pedals in
can you take the pedals off later and put the rubber back on and it'll be the same?

Yes, when you put the rubber back on you will not be able to see the little holes you made.

Nextmod
11-30-2010, 01:35 AM
http://krystmsgarage.com/?page_id=16

Use the one for sok07 pedals.

lol hey i sponsor that site too lol

Rob23
11-30-2010, 09:24 AM
pretty straight forward but you have to make sure when your marking the holes for the pedals, before you drill make sure that they will clear any arm bars or anything behind the pedal. its easy.

vik2011
12-08-2010, 09:05 PM
do the screws come with the pedals , if not which once did you guys use?

derekl
12-09-2010, 02:38 PM
I just installed my pedals a couple of days ago.
Just like anyone else, make sure you're not too close to the pedal arm, and use a silver sharpie or something to mark the location of the holes.

However though, i'd like to point out that i would have wanted to move my throttle pedal a bit lower because the rubber insert at the top of the pedal are not being pushed in place by the plastic pedal. I'm thinking about either redrilling or just .. super glue-ing?
^any opinion on that?

derekl
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah having those small drills also help...forgot what they're called.
It annoying doing the brakes =/
Easiest was dead pedal and clutch!!