PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 - OEM Alarm Arms itself

equipped
12-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I just started having a problem with my factory alarm. When I press unlock on the key fob, the light flashes to show unlocked. But then it flashes again indicating it's locking. The doors are still open but when I open the alarm goes off. Hitting unlock will cancel the alarm.

Also happens as soon as I remove the key from ignition after shutting the car off, it immediately arms itself again.

I took it in to Mazda they had it for a few hours but couldn't find what is causing it. I have another appointment tomorrow for them to do some further digging.

I'm at 92,000 KM so of course I get to pay for whatever it is. Any of you guys have any ideas?

Fobio
12-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I just started having a problem with my factory alarm. When I press unlock on the key fob, the light flashes to show unlocked. But then it flashes again indicating it's locking. The doors are still open but when I open the alarm goes off. Hitting unlock will cancel the alarm.

Also happens as soon as I remove the key from ignition after shutting the car off, it immediately arms itself again.

I took it in to Mazda they had it for a few hours but couldn't find what is causing it. I have another appointment tomorrow for them to do some further digging.

I'm at 92,000 KM so of course I get to pay for whatever it is. Any of you guys have any ideas?

Good question...I'm having the same issue with my 2008...do you have any gauges or aftermarket electronic/electrical accessories installed?

I wonder if it's the battery...

equipped
12-07-2010, 07:45 PM
No gauges. I have a AMP,Sub/ Fog HIDs . Nothing really paired into the electrical system other than using the battery.

Fobio
12-07-2010, 07:52 PM
No gauges. I have a AMP,Sub/ Fog HIDs . Nothing really paired into the electrical system other than using the battery.

how recently was you stereo and fogs installed? who did the install? did the issue start shortly after install? how long have you been dealing with it?

from your post, it sound recent...might be weather related?

I have several gauges and taps into the electrical system...

1. shock sensor
2. interior LED's
3. wiring to power usb and car pc

I observed that I started having these issues only AFTER my last item was wired...a boost gauge...

Fobio
12-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Let me clarify...my issue is only with turning igition off and having the car lock itself. I then have to unlock it with the key fob or alarm will go off, even if I just move, due to the shock sensor.

mleblond
12-07-2010, 07:57 PM
battery in the fob maybe? I had that happen to me on low battery but I had an after market alarm.

equipped
12-07-2010, 07:59 PM
This issue only started a few days ago. HIDs are over 2 years now. AMP/SUB almost 3 years. Audio heaven did the audio. I did the fogs. I'll try to disconnect them all this weekend and see if it makes a difference. Dealer wants $100 just to diagnose.

Fobio
12-07-2010, 08:00 PM
battery in the fob maybe? I had that happen to me on low battery but I had an after market alarm.

Thanks...will try it out!

Nice to have you around still man! =)

RedRaptor
12-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Might be the dreaded PJB.

cklwilliam
12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
could it possibly be the lock button got stuck down ? happened to my old car before!

equipped
12-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I don't know if mine is with the battery in the fob. I've tried the other fob that I never use. It doesn't actually lock the doors for me. It just flashes the hazards to indicate that it's locked, and if I open the door it goes off.

Dave_The_BMXER
12-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Might be the dreaded PJB.

Worst.

equipped
12-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Mazda unable to diagnose it, recommend new Module and Keys for approx $700 FML... They said check the wreckers see if there is one there. I'm wondering If I can live with the annoyance or will it get any worst and start locking doors or shutting off the car?...

mazidane
02-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Let me clarify...my issue is only with turning igition off and having the car lock itself. I then have to unlock it with the key fob or alarm will go off, even if I just move, due to the shock sensor.

So this started happening to me today all of a sudden, wonder if its an electrical thing? Did any of you get a resolution/fix to the problem?

Fobio
03-01-2011, 01:46 PM
So this started happening to me today all of a sudden, wonder if its an electrical thing? Did any of you get a resolution/fix to the problem?

I have started using my other key and it hasn't happened like before...

This happened once tho: I was sitting there changing maps, and I decided to lock the car...I then started the car, and unlocked it. When I turned the ignition off, the car locked itself.

I have also spoken to Jimmy, and he doesn't believe this has anything to do with electrical. I will keep an eye out on the circumstances if this happens again.

horto
03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
This happened once tho: I was sitting there changing maps, and I decided to lock the car...I then started the car, and unlocked it. When I turned the ignition off, the car locked itself.

dude, maybe your car is haunted!

YOU CAN'T LEAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://content7.flixster.com/photo/10/38/52/10385289_gal.jpg

Pokey
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I have a similar issue - the doors lock themselves at random. Changed the battery no dice, but now the lights don't blink when I lock the car remotely

I will have to reset the ecu maybe tonight to see if that helps :(

McGuyver_3
03-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I have a similar issue - the doors lock themselves at random. Changed the battery no dice, but now the lights don't blink when I lock the car remotely

I will have to reset the ecu maybe tonight to see if that helps :(

Possibly 1 or more of your door lock actuators are bad. They tend to get lazy over time and then stop working completely. Lights not blinking means the car is seeing a door open. There may be no warning on the dash but it is very possible

mazidane
03-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Ok car is back to "normal" now, alarm not activating automatically anymore, I didn't do anything which makes it really weird but the locks started locking and unlocking for a bit this morning after turning the car off! Must have been that time of the month for it! :chuckle

equipped
05-14-2011, 08:27 PM
I think this is a wiring issue. I ordered a used Keyless module on ebay, plugged it in and the same issue occurred. But randomly the problem has fixed itself again. I'm sure it will happen again on the right rainy day when all the moons align, because this is the 2nd time that it's fixed itself.